Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Huckerby speaks out in todays evening news

Talks about how the loan system has let us down and that the only players who were ok were Clingan, Doc and Croft.

He also backs delia and says that he cant see anyone without a city connection coming in.

Also says he has three options in November, playing for MLS, playing for city or retiring. And he wants to work with the club within the youth system for the next 15-20 years

Probably the most sensible piece I have read all week, he cares about this club and he will be back. Exactly the opposite to Mooney now he is back at Reading and already stating the obvious that we are a bottom of the table club, showed how much he cared.

I also like that he says he has three options - MLS, retire or NCFC.  Even says he wants to be involved with us for 15 years.

What a legend, think he would be awesome coaching the youth team.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

I also like that he says he has three options - MLS, retire or NCFC.  Even says he wants to be involved with us for 15 years.

What a legend, think he would be awesome coaching the youth team.

[/quote]i would like to see 1 maybe 2 more seasons...would be awesome as an impact player in league 1

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Probably the most sensible piece I have read all week, he cares about this club and he will be back. Exactly the opposite to Mooney now he is back at Reading and already stating the obvious that we are a bottom of the table club, showed how much he cared.[/quote]

Comparing Hucks with Mooney is ridiculous.  Mooney wasn''t even our player and he was here for a matter of weeks.   

I know that alot of past and present players always try to say the right thing just to keep the fans on their side even though they don''t really mean it, but I truely believe that Hucks cares for the club and genuinely tells it how it is. Would love to have him on for a year in League 1 as I think he could still tear this league apart.

From afore mentioned article:“Total change at the top isn''t the answer. For starters, the club

cannot afford to do it. They tried that on the playing side of things

and look how that backfired. But they have definitely got to have

someone on the board who knows about football and has a background in

football,” said the 33-year-old.

Personally I agree with this, but hell, I am sure that there are lots of experts to tell me how wrong I am.

I just think he''s saying the club is skint,  and in his opinion can''t afford mass changes.  It all looks to me that Gunn''ll carry on, because how can Hucks say City is an option without being certain some other bod comes along (manager) and puts the mockers on it.