Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

"Mr. Carrow is in the barclay stand"

The last time I heard this was a season or two ago by the announcer. But I heard it twice in our promotion winning season against West Brom at home when we drew 0-0.

What does "Mr Carrow is in the barclays stand" mean?

I was under the impression it was any major problem with a particular stand. It''d normally be enough to cause the postponement of a match if it is not fixed. 

I remember that cup match about 5 years ago when the undersoil heating caused a loss of power in the ground resulting in the match (against Dagenham) being moved to the replay night.

It usually when there is some kind of problem that needs assistance in a certain area of the ground....I love it when it happens and you get a massive cheer! haha

I''ve been told that it''s a matter of importance. Basically code for assistance being needed in a certain stand.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Against Brighton wasn''t it?[/quote]

yer it was against brighton

I was told that it is the code for a bomb threat. Obviously when you have heard it, it has been a drill for the stewards.

At the theatre "Mr Sands is in the building" means there is a fire or the fire alarm is about to be activated. It gives all staff the warning to prepare for the evacuation before any rush or panic begins. A few years ago I heard exactly that message on the concourse at Liverpool St station and a minute later they closed the station for a bomb scare.

A policeman told me that it meant that someone in the ground had died or was seriously ill.

The last time the message was announced followed an incident imnvolving Lee Croft crossing the ball to a Norwich player. The poor old sod next to me in the Barclay had a stroke.

[quote user="SPat"]Not in the same league, but you really don''t want to hear "head purser to the flight deck" on a plane, time for new pants
[/quote]

What worries could the passengers have if the Captain had 2 sugars in his coffee instead of 1?

[quote user="skinner"]

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Against Brighton wasn''t it?[/quote]

yer it was against brighton

[/quote]

when it snowed me thinks...