Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Ian Harte?

Very impressive in the five games he played for Carlisle at the end of the season, including two motm and scoring a free kick (as well as helping them to stay up)

Out of contract...... worth a punt? Surely he would come to Norwich over signing at Carlisle? he obviously knows Doherty and probably Alan Lee if we sign him.

We need experienced and sensible players, for me Harte fits the bill perfectly......

What would this mean for Drury?

Also are there not still major questions over his fitness - last thing we need are 2 left backs with dodgy fitness.

Good player, absolutely worth a punt. Experienced, cracking on the left hand side, should excel with a stronger team like us. Bring him in!

Carlisle have just offered him a two year contract, so they must rate him.But agree, he''s class, although perhaps we need full backs a little tougher and with more of a defensive mentality. Harte goes forward well-is a great free kick taker-and would put in more dangerous crosses in a match than Crofty would in ten, and he has the experience and know how we need-yes, we''re all talking about Bosman''s, youth players and a sprinkling of cheapies from L1 and 2, but we need experience and leaders as well, especially the latter. We haven''t had a good leader, a good player to lead from the front, for ages and ages. Iwan talks, at length, about the team spirit in his book, and the leaders on the pitch-we have not had that in the last two-three years and its something the new management team must address.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Also are there not still major questions over his fitness - last thing we need are 2 left backs with dodgy fitness.

[/quote]

I wasnt aware that he had injury problems? He missed a few games with three broken fingers for Carlisle, but thats just pure bad luck.

You commit a bit of a red herring when asking what would happen to Adam Drury, our most injury prone player, then questioning the fitness of his potential replacement.

But I will answer it anyway.... for the 32 games a season that he will spend injured, Ian Harte can play, and for the 14 games a season he is fit.... he could hope that Ian Harte has broken fingers.

Sunderland, Wolves, Sheff Utd, Charlton, Blackpool.

He went to all and was released after failing to impress.  In at least a couple of occasions concerns were expressed about his fitness.

The guy will be 32 by the start of the season and has not played more than 30 games in a season for 9 years.....

Then again he could be another Carl Cort for us on a pay as you play.

i thought he was older than that and had retired after the 2002 world cup?!

i think he would be permanently on the treatment table and want a fair wage too... maybe we should leave alone.

jas :)

[quote user="rjwc22"]

[/quote]

Who cares Drury is poor.  Harte has a little bit of class about him.

Dunno if he would come but it would be worth putting a cheeky one year offer in for him.

Harte is the one who is poor, apart from having a very good free kick (which could be good for the odd goal a season) he is a rubbish defender!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Very impressive in the five games he played for Carlisle at the end of the season, including two motm and scoring a free kick (as well as helping them to stay up)

Out of contract...... worth a punt? Surely he would come to Norwich over signing at Carlisle? he obviously knows Doherty and probably Alan Lee if we sign him.

We need experienced and sensible players, for me Harte fits the bill perfectly......

[/quote]Rubbish. Would only have him on loan.

Harte is a useless defender. Drury is a better player by a very long way. Harte has hit a few free kicks and so you remember his name, but he cannot defend at all.