Sign in to follow this  
Destort

Huckerby the striker?

I am one of those that would like to see Huckerby back in City colours however am just not sure about his role as a speedy winger! Is it plausible that Huckerby could come back to City in more of a forward capacity like the days of old as it is all too familiar seeing the lonely Norwich left back in 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2 situations. 

[quote user="Destort"]I am one of those that would like to see Huckerby back in City colours however am just not sure about his role as a speedy winger! Is it plausible that Huckerby could come back to City in more of a forward capacity like the days of old as it is all too familiar seeing the lonely Norwich left back in 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2 situations. [/quote]

Yeap!! Id have him in Goal..... think we need players like him, who can change games, i feel with right manager he would be really good! 

If nothing else Huckerby will serve as a dressing room leader similar to how he was alongside Dublin before they both left. I think in League 1 even at 34 he could still make some killer runs providing he keeps his fitness up.

If his fitness really is an issue it may pay to have him rested more often than not in order to get the best out of him. For instance, those of you who follow wrestling will notice how The Undertaker basically wrestles on a part time schedule due to his age, yet he still has great matches despite his age and increasing number of injuries.

I personally can''t see how Huckerby''s return would be anything but positive for the club though. We may not go straight back up, but Huckerby''s return would at the very least make sure we don''t plummet down to League 2 ala Bradford.  

[quote user="rjwc22"]Maybe we can get the undertaker to come in and shore up our defence?[/quote]

Nah, but we could use him to threaten the opposition every week prior to kick off!

Let''s hope Norwich City don''t need a ''Tombstone'' at the end of the season... I''ll get my coat

Or we could have him on the bench. Everytime we are losing bring him on with 5 minutes left. The dongs would start, the lights would go out.. Match abandoned - Floodlight failure.. Genius