Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

What would you change about this forum?

If you could change anything about this message board, what would it be?

Would you have other categories and what would they be?

Would you prefer it to be unmoderated? (except for extreme aggression and racism etc)

Would you have a swearing block?

What would you call the forum? e.g. what domain would you have?

Tell me everything that you would want in a Norwich forum.

If that Norwich forum was to suddenly appear on the internet, would you use it?

Basically, WOTB is impossible to use and I hate the way that Archant delete posts. If there is demand for a new (modern) forum, with a particular image, I will go and make it now.

Using an updated version of community server or possibly phpbb would be enough to satisfy most people I think.I agree about Wrath, it''s painful to look at.

It would be the latest phpBB. 

Basically, I would be honoured to build the independant fan forum of your dreams, as long as people would use it.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Would you prefer it to be unmoderated? (except for extreme aggression and racism etc)

Basically, WOTB is impossible to use and I hate the way that Archant delete posts. If there is demand for a new (modern) forum, with a particular image, I will go and make it now.

[/quote]I thought that Pete said there would be an updated forum within a few weeks.....a few months ago!

[quote user="ryan85k"]

Basically, I would be honoured to build the independant fan forum of your dreams, as long as people would use it.

[/quote]Sounds good ryan, but would you be able to host it etc, doesn''t phpBB cost a lot?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

I thought that Pete said there would be an updated forum within a few weeks.....a few months ago!
[/quote]

It is coming. Might still be a couple of months away though.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

I thought that Pete said there would be an updated forum within a few weeks.....a few months ago!
[/quote]

Tell me what you want in a forum mate. What would you call it? the domain? 

This is the chance to set up a whole new community, with no media influence. I would have a .com domain and have a homepage with RSS feeds from Pinkun, Sky Sports and Waghorn...... plus a City link directory. Then run the forum off of the same domain.

Would you use it?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ryan85k"]

[/quote]

Sounds good ryan, but would you be able to host it etc, doesn''t phpBB cost a lot?
[/quote]

No phpBB is free direct from the source. I already have hosted websites which dont even use a fraction of my bandwith..... that is to say.... I wont need new hosting, its already ''budgeted for''

I would include a spell checker and I would make it impossible to have a thread more than 30 posts long.

Further more I would limit the number of characters per post in the same way one is limited to the amount of text characters on a mobile phone.

I would not show the number of posts that have been clocked up by individuals as this seems to encourage sensless posts in order to reach a target.

Some have been so badly taught at school that they do not have enough adjectives/adverbs in their vocab to express themselves so any swearing block would need to offer alternatives.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

[/quote]

It is coming. Might still be a couple of months away though.

[/quote]

Thought it was redundant!! (sorry Pete)

I would like:

a spellchecker

better moderation of abusive posts

access through the poster details of previous poster names.  I get so frustrated when someone new pops up with 1,500 posts and i have no ides who they used to be

How about nmtd.co.uk ?  As in Never Mind The Danger ?nmtd.com is taken by the tongda industry & commerce stock ltd co. of inner mongolia, but nmtd.co.uk is available ?

Sounds good Ryan, if there was enough users, i definately would use it, obviously you would need the same amount of users as this forum otherwise it would be boring and people would forget about it. an edit button would be good.

[quote user="Big Bob"]how about otbc.com[/quote]

The domain name

otbc.com

is for sale

Prices in the region of

US$4825

[:D]

Is anybody skilled in photoshop or similar? If I am going to do it (ive started now) I would want to do it properly...... the only thing that I cannot do web related is making good logos / banners...... they always come out looking like a 2 year old has been left in front of a white wall with five pots of paint.....

So a volunteer to have a go at one of those would be much appreciated..... (once the best name has been established)

Definitely a spell-checker, but not an edit button - this way madness lies... could you imagine all the threads in which someone decided to edit a previous opinion in order to ''win'' an argument (Sorry, Wiz).Some form of moderation against people logging on with multiple user names (Sorry, Beaker).The full and unreserved admission, on every single post, that I am always right (Sorry, everyone) [:)]

I''d just put Cluck back in the Web-Team......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Definitely a spell-checker, but not an edit button - this way madness lies... could you imagine all the threads in which someone decided to edit a previous opinion in order to ''win'' an argument (Sorry, Wiz).[/quote]

Except on pretty much every other forum, ever, it says if a post has been edited and the date it happened.

Limit the amount of posts that can be quoted to avoid the thread going into "widescreen" and, after scrolling down three miles, to find the poster has only added "lol" or a smiley.

I think its pretty obvious they need to go with some sort of professional quality forum software, that everyone reconises and uses - vbulletin being the obvious contender.I think the trouble may be that Archant seem to use .net (Microsoft ISS) servers, so a lot of the best software is unavailable.

VBulletin would be a good option. Come to think of it - anything that''s even slightly more advanced than this one would be good. I''d like it to keep track of what posts you have already read in a topic so you can go straight to the first new post when posts are added, rather than having to scroll down/up to find out where you got up to for starters. Bascially stuff I take for granted in other forums.

When your logged in, there should be a box of all the people who have quoted you, so you can easily get to it in 1 click.

i like this forum to be honest. the only change i would like to see is a fix to the "non-matching quote" thing which is so annoying

actually, the other i wouldn''t mind is to ban references to Wizards, Smudges and Clucks from the main forum and stick them in anything else...

I would hope that whatever the functionality we could avoid a lot of the abuse that seems to have sprung up recently. I know we''re all finding recent events difficult but there are a lot of threads (e.g. Who wonts Gunn Yes Or No) where argument has given way to abuse. It''s boring to read apart from anything else.What about arrdee.com? Maybe it wouldn''t mean much to non-PinkUn readers but it would be a great tribute.Or www.asda.com? Hang on, someone has got that already...