Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Promotion: won or lost in next three weeks

Our fate hangs in the balance. Our long term future will be determined by a swift return to the Champ or in getting bogged down in League 1

ONLY if the board HAVE learnt lesssons are we going to avoid further rot and crisis. If we are to do well we need to:

1) Sort management issue out within a few days and not let it rumble on

2) secure transfers at the beginning of the window and not wait for the left overs at the end. (we KNOW what happens then)

2) Buy big, athletic fighters who can rough and tumble with the best of them (light weight is not good in L1)

3) Get hungry players with desire....and ship out the dross STRAIGHT AWAY

4) Start the season running......which means trained and together BEFORE the first whistle....and not still waiting for loans, strikers etc

This is the last roll of the dice IMO. Screw it up and we WILL go the way of Huddersfield, Luton et al. There is no reason or law that says we ever have to return to top divisions.

But get it right NOW- show AMBITION now. Take a calculated gamble NOW and we can get back to where we were.

In your hands board.....stick or twist.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Ambition with prudence of course....[/quote]

No 22, prudence with arselicking and yet more prudence!

[/quote]

No 23. Try to ignore all the negativity and support the club.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No 24. Realistically acknowledge negativity, yet support your club throughout.

There is always a case for working within our financial capabilities.  Our national financial situation has been brought about by people and businessess that live beyond their means. Football is a business and to be successful has to be run within the limits of the finances that are available from the gate receipts and various attractions that can earn income from NCFC''s marketing of/and exploitation of Carrow Road holdings.  That  business can make a big difference to, if successfull,  the sort of player we can hope to purchase and pay their huge wages. 

Other than the above, a source of income would have to be from a philanthropist with huge rescources or a consortium of wealthy club lovers. I, personally, do not believe that there exists one such person, or for that matter a money rich consortium in or around Norwich who would venture capital into a businessthat has debts of around £20million and share value that has been valued at around £35 million in all a round figure of £55 million.   This finance would just take care of the debts, then we have to start building a team.  With a small ground that doesl not have a crowd capacity that is capable of paying the wages required, at the moment, with capacity crowds, that attend matches at the moment, we still pay our work force etc three million more than our gate reciepts.

Remember one does not become megga rich by accident, or being foolish with his investment strategy, therefore, I find it ridiculous to expect that from a league 1 base, that will be our starting base for the next season, there will, from out of the woodwork appear someone or a group ready to throw money toward a black hole like Norwich City Fotball Club.  Get Real!!  OTBCity!!!

I''m very nervous about the current situation VIYAG.

On the one hand, it''s imperative we get these decisions right, and in a way I''m glad that the board are taking their time to reflect on the season that''s just gone, what went wrong, and who needs to go. That''s not to say I have any confidence in their ability to select the right manager for this football club, but at least this seems to indicate that they recognise the importance of the decisions that have to be made.

On the other hand, I look at our squad and there''s so much to do before the season starts: the window hasn''t opened yet but agents, managers and players have already begun striking deals. We can''t afford to get left behind in this process: managers of clubs promoted via the play-offs often complain that they are at a significant disadvantage in terms of player recruitment as the two other promoted teams have a 2-3 week headstart. If we take weeks to resolve these issues and get a new manager in he''ll be playing catch-up from day one.

I''d also like to see us report back for pre-season training early this year. Frankly if the retained players see this as a punishment then I have no sympathy. Gillingham did it this pre-season and it seemed to work for them.

I like the idea of cutting the players summer short.  They have effectively ruined mine so think the least they could do is train a bit more and hopefully give us a head start in August.

[quote user="rjwc22"]I like the idea of cutting the players summer short.  They have effectively ruined mine so think the least they could do is train a bit more and hopefully give us a head start in August.[/quote]

I certainly don''t think that the players could complain, and it would send a statement of intent about our seriousness to get promoted at the first attempt. It didn''t do Gillingham much harm following their relegation.

[quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And its that blind obiedence which has got us were we are!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Georgie Bless"][quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And its that blind obiedence which has got us were we are!

[/quote]

No Wiz. There is a difference between supporting your club and supporting the board and manager. I would like change as much as the next person but that isn''t going to make me wish failure/relegation/hoping the other team wins cr*p that some of the less "obiedient" posters come out with as it''s counter-productive.

You mean players like those being released already by clubs looking to cut bills?  Oh sorry, our board are still dithering over "important decisions" which means that exactly like the last three years we will miss all the quality players and pick up the scraps again.[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]

Our fate hangs in the balance. Our long term future will be determined by a swift return to the Champ or in getting bogged down in League 1

ONLY if the board HAVE learnt lesssons are we going to avoid further rot and crisis. If we are to do well we need to:

1) Sort management issue out within a few days and not let it rumble on

2) secure transfers at the beginning of the window and not wait for the left overs at the end. (we KNOW what happens then)

2) Buy big, athletic fighters who can rough and tumble with the best of them (light weight is not good in L1)

3) Get hungry players with desire....and ship out the dross STRAIGHT AWAY

4) Start the season running......which means trained and together BEFORE the first whistle....and not still waiting for loans, strikers etc

This is the last roll of the dice IMO. Screw it up and we WILL go the way of Huddersfield, Luton et al. There is no reason or law that says we ever have to return to top divisions.

But get it right NOW- show AMBITION now. Take a calculated gamble NOW and we can get back to where we were.

In your hands board.....stick or twist.

[/quote]

Our dithering until the close season transfer carcass has maggots crawling out of it''s eye sockets always hacks me off. Year after year we do it - even when we actually had money to spend we fannied about - leaving us to bed in new players (we would probably not have been interested in 2 months previously) after the season has begun. I''m hoping against hope this year will be different.