Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Gunn is staying?

I thought exactly the same thing, mate. Every quote coming from Mr G''''s lips for the last month or more makes me think that he knows he''s staying, and that he has been given strong hints from the board that this is the case. His column in today''s EEN made me think this too - he doesn''t talk like a temporary manager at all. I shall be staggered if an announcement is made very soon, with the board "thanking Bryan for all he''s done in difficult circumstances, but we have decided to go with experience and have made "wxyz" our permanent manager instead".

Incidentally, what are the bookies odds on Gunn? I might be tempted to have a punt on the "club legend" if the odds are favourable, as he must be nailed on to get the post full time, with this dithering, inept bunch of clowns in charge.

Or it could be, as he said earlier in the week, that he is currently the manager and he will continue to work as the manager and do what he thinks is best for the club until he is told otherwise.

He must have been given a hint one way or another at the meeting and i very much doubt he would want to be posing as manager now if he thought he was being replaced in the next week or so . Sadly i think we are all being taken for fools again and the incompetent Gunn does have the job.

I must admit I do not often post on this message board that often

In regards to Bryan Gunn has manager, if the board are going to go ahead with this appointment, they must ask about the coaching staff, has I saw no improvements in the overall skill level of the team

Main points being

Defending and passing

Creativity and patience when have the ball

Closing the opposition down when without the ball

If Gunn is to be given the job I believe Ian Butterworth is not part of the team and a more experienced assistant manager

Ideally Terry Venables on a short term contract, ( maybe not relastic but in order for Gunn to be pushed forward he may be a people person but he needs better tactical understanding of the game)

On squad details myself next season I hope the main focus is the promotion of academy players, younger lower league players no player over 28,and the ban of loan players who have destroyed the team building process.

I like many fans on here have idea of players to sign to go to strenghen the squad, hungry younger players 

Tommy Rowe Stockport

Simon King Gillingham

Simeon Jackson Gillingham

Current Squad players who i would build my team around korey smith, michael spillane and chris martin

Hope these comments do get read by the board, as the lack of entertainment since relegation has become to much to bear, we need to build the squad, i like many would rather see academy players working for the team with passion in order a to win games but also increase their ability and understanding of the professional game.