Sign in to follow this  
gerry in romania

High wage earners

Excuse me if this seems to be a bit dim. Posters are saying that we should get rid of the high earners. I agree but how is it done? Can we say that player X is not wanted and put him on the transfer list,without having to pay him compensation or pay up his contract,or do we just have to hang around in the hope that someone comes in for him? I do not know how this works

Like any contract between two parties we''re both technically stuck with each other unless there is a mutual agreement to terminate the contract, we have reasonable reason to sack the individual concerned, or a sale is agreed with another club. Stefanovic for instance is one we would probably like to have off the wage bill, but he''s unlikely as a well-paid 34 year old recovering from a lengthy injury to attract much attention during the window, and so it''s likely he''ll be here at the start of next season despite both him and us probably preferring otherwise (which isn''t to say he''s not a good player).

Technically that is true that we would could be stuck with anyone under contract, however I would think that in the main all of the players have a clause that substantially reduces their salary in the event of relegation.  The club got stuck with quite a few players in the past like this and it is fairly standard fair these days.

They are all high earners and should be charged with ''immoral earnings'' or ''living off the proceeds of criminal activity''.