Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

Reserve League next season

Can some please clarify if we are actually going to enter the reserve league again next season? After the shambles that was the reserve squad this year i think it would be a great help to give youngsters and those seeking fitness a more meaningful game than a friendly against the likes of Wroxham or Yarmouth.

[quote user="The Duke"]Can some please clarify if we are actually going to enter the reserve league again next season? After the shambles that was the reserve squad this year i think it would be a great help to give youngsters and those seeking fitness a more meaningful game than a friendly against the likes of Wroxham or Yarmouth.[/quote]Who cares?

I seriously couldn''t believe when I got my season ticket last season that Norwich had pulled out of the reserves league - mainly because i was hoping to go along to a few and get the most out of my season ticket price. At West Ham Roeder was all for the academy and helping them get into the first team, and there is no better way of smoothing the pathway to footballing success than going from the Academy to the Reserves to the Senior Squad. Why does every club use the reserves if they are not useful? The academy players who were thrown into the team towards the end of the season would have been much better prepared had they played against some experienced heads on a frequent basis in the reserves league. Cody McDonald would have featured regularly from an earlier date had he been able to prove his worth in the reserves - as it was he had to desperately seek plaudits in the ten minutes he was given at the end of matches.
Make no mistake about it Norwich need to be in the reserves league next year