Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Newcastle Game - Leon and Charlton out! Academy boys in?

This is the perfect opportunity for two of our most promising home grown talents at both ends of the field - Jarvis and Shackell. I think RJ is a very similar player to Leon, full or energy and running and possibly possessing an even sharper eye for goal. 

And if the Doc isn''t fit enough then Shackell deserves his chance, esp since he showed him up in the reserves. It''s only the fizzy cup so who cares what happens - we may just unearth a superstar!

I know it wont happen but i would go with:

Green

Helveg Doherty Shackell Drury

Henderson Mulryne Safri Brennan

Jarvis   Svensson

Subs: McVeigh, Bentley, Edworthy, Ward, someone else

I think you''re right a1.  Lets give those players a go who ordinarily wouldn''t get in the first team.  Personally, I don''t think we''ll win so what have we got to lose.  I''d like to see Gallagher, Shacks, Brennan, Jarvis, Hendo etc given a game

I have to agree that Shackell should be given a chance alongside Fleming - if they do well against Shearer and Bellamy then they can cope with most strike forces. A further change of Helveg in for Eddie should complete the defensive changes.

I am not sure about either Brennan or Mullers. Unlike Shackell neither Mullers nor Brennan have been pulling up trees when playing for the reserves - if they cant be bothered to try their then they dont deserve a chance in the first team - they have to prove they want to play rather than wait their turn as Worthy experiments with all players.

Jarvis would be an option if not injured. I would rest Hux to avoid an injury for the Citeh game and let Sven and Jonson lead the line with a midfield of Holt, Francis, Bentley and McVeigh feeding them.

OTBC