Sign in to follow this  
morty

Season ticket rebate.

Apparantly the club are going to write to season ticket holders asking if they will forego their rebate for the good of the club.

I buy one adult ticket and twi kids tickets so my rebate will be approx £100.

£100 that will will be far better spent by me than a board that can''t be trusted to spend it wisely. Needless to say I shall be having the rebate as recompence for the third rate football I expect to watch next season.

Anyone going to give them their rebate back?

[quote user="morty"]

Apparantly the club are going to write to season ticket holders asking if they will forego their rebate for the good of the club.

£100 that will will be far better spent by me than a board that can''t be trusted to spend it wisely. Needless to say I shall be having the rebate as recompence for the third rate football I expect to watch next season.

[/quote]

If the board resigned and Gunn was put back behind the scenes were he belongs then yes i would let the new Norwich City keep the money BUT back in the real world of Delias toy club and the Sheriff in charge then not a fecking chance,i''ll get back about £75 and i will put that in my new baby boys bank account.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

If the board resigned and Gunn was put back behind the scenes were he belongs then yes i would let the new Norwich City keep the money BUT back in the real world of Delias toy club and the Sheriff in charge then not a fecking chance,i''ll get back about £75 and i will put that in my new baby boys bank account.

[/quote]

You should write back to the club, telling them exactly that, Phat.

I consider my contribution to the Canaries plight is the fact I have actually renewed my season ticket. There are those who have not renewed because of the relegation. So, by actually renewing mine, I am giving financial support to the club.

With 18000 of us handing over our cash AGAIN, that is surely revenue most other third division clubs would relish having? The rebate should be accepted by fans as some recompense for watching low league football.

Out of interest, I wonder what the chief executive of the club is giving up for the cause?

Whether you accept the rebate or not is entirely up to you. I hope that nobody is silly enough to feel guilty if they take the rebate - after all NCFC is not a charity, it''s a business, with the occasional bit of entertainment thrown in on rare occasions.

I shall please both parties and spend mine in the club shop, therefore I get something out of it and so do the club. 

[quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

Source?

[quote user="M.A.T.T"]I shall please both parties and spend mine in the club shop, therefore I get something out of it and so do the club. [/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking.  City is a business not a charity and I and my Dad have renewed.  I am a loyal fan and will happily commit to spending the rebate in the shop so the Club can benefit by the profit element of that expenditure.

Good compromise I think.

I do feel strongly about this.  Over the years I dread to think how much I have paid into Norwich City (all very much because I love the club and actively wanted to spend my money that way).  I have shares, my parents too, all season ticket holders, shareholders and actively spending in the club shop.  My heart tells me to waive the rebate but why should I?  I often eat in Yellows, I sometimes ''treat'' myself and the missus to events such as the Player of the Year dinner. (£65 per head).Although I see the club''s plight, their point of view and the lack of a ''decent'' squad, I will be claiming the money back, I don''t like how they will make me feel guilty but I am 32, I have a mortgage and thinking of starting a family. £70 is a good wedge to me.

I will be asking for my money back. I think at times we should be the ones who get paid to turn up and watch the drivel that we have to put up with!

I did hear though that if you want the Rebate you have to write a letter to the club explaining that you would like it back!

The reason I will be taking mine is because the club said when I renewed that there would be a 20% rebate if we went into Div 1. They did not intimate then that I would be asked to waive the rebate.

To be fair they haven''t done so yet.

i have just got off the phone to the ticket office they said "A letter will be sent out by the end of the month to all season ticket holders detailing how they can claim back 50%, 20% or 10% for the cost of their season tickets for next season." Not too sure what that means really.

I need to get my address changed pretty soon then haha, in the process of movign atm, although i work with the people who now live in my old house so it''s not all bad.

[quote user="The Duke"]i have just got off the phone to the ticket office they said "A letter will be sent out by the end of the month to all season ticket holders detailing how they can claim back 50%, 20% or 10% for the cost of their season tickets for next season." Not too sure what that means really.[/quote]If we want the rebate we will just follow the instructions then.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="morty"]

[/quote]

Source?

Evening news site.

[/quote]

[quote user="Babyface"]I do feel strongly about this.  Over the years I dread to think how much I have paid into Norwich City (all very much because I love the club and actively wanted to spend my money that way).  I have shares, my parents too, all season ticket holders, shareholders and actively spending in the club shop.  My heart tells me to waive the rebate but why should I?  I often eat in Yellows, I sometimes ''treat'' myself and the missus to events such as the Player of the Year dinner. (£65 per head).

Although I see the club''s plight, their point of view and the lack of a ''decent'' squad, I will be claiming the money back, I don''t like how they will make me feel guilty but I am 32, I have a mortgage and thinking of starting a family. £70 is a good wedge to me.[/quote]

I am in a similar postion to you as above.  I will be putting my £73 towards a trip to Exeter or Carlise!

Yet again the powers that be have dropped a financial bollock and CR. Why offer the stupid rebate if the first place. Do the really think that the loyal bunch of hardcore season ticket holders that they have, were en masse swayed in the decision to renew by the thought of a possible rebate if we got relegated.The figure don''t add up the amount who wouldn''t have renew without the rebate offer is surely miniscule compared to the amount who will not waver the rebate now that its available.Another load of insults all-round. One that they think us fickle enough not to renew without it and secondly that we would wish to waver it in hope that it would they would spend it wisely.I''m having mine safe in the knowledge that it will be far better spent down the pub than by the financial clowns at CR who really would pi$$ it up the wall!

The letter will probably hold more spin Like

With your help in this matter we will not only avoid administration we will also be able to strenghen the squad, well I know what I will do, The car needs taxing

Although no details have been forthcoming, I''ll make a prediction, "don''t expect to automatically receive a cheque in the post, as I suspect no money will be sent back immediately.

Season ticket holders fall into one of two groups:-

For those who have already paid fully in advance, they''ll probably be asked to return a form requesting their rebate of £X. If they don''t return the form within a certain period, you''ll be assumed to of waived your rebate.

For those who are paying by direct debit, they''ll probably receive a revised mandate, with a lower payment rate over the next 8/9 months. Those who don''t return the revised mandate form duly signed will also probably  be deemed to of waived their rebate.

Watch this space!

What are the chances of you all receiving rebate in the form of dicount vouchers etc for the shop - i.e. no hard cash exchanging hands?  I''m sure as in any business they will be busy finding ways to dress the word ''rebate'' so money does not come out of the bank (I have no idea how they worded the original but i but the words ''automatic'' or ''refund'' were used).

[quote user="Blue"]What are the chances of you all receiving rebate in the form of dicount vouchers etc for the shop - i.e. no hard cash exchanging hands?  I''m sure as in any business they will be busy finding ways to dress the word ''rebate'' so money does not come out of the bank (I have no idea how they worded the original but i but the words ''automatic'' or ''refund'' were used).[/quote]

Sorry, that should read "I doubt the words...."

Having already paid, I intend to waive my rebate.

I can understand the anger of those who rightly feel they wish to reclaim their money but I don''t see how it will help the predicament the club is now in.

The club is going to be in a financial hole next season and the rights and wrongs of how it got there is going to be pretty much irrelevant. I am sure I could easily find another purpose for the money but having thought about it, I don''t see how adopting a position of moral indignation is going to help the club I have supported for 55 years.

Perhaps I''m a mug but there it is and thats what I intend to do.

Football is way over priced anyway, the product next year will be distictly inferior and would justify a lower price. It''s crazy to me to let the club keep the rebate and it won''t make a bit of difference. Maybe pay for the extra washing powder for our shiny new white kit. What the club needs is people to come in with serious wad, you''d be better off giving your families a treat over the summer.

I''m prepared to waive my 20%. As a gesture the club should offer free entry to all home cup games to those who waive their rebate. Perhaps the directors should offer to match £ for £ the amount waived by the fans. This will show us that their commitment is in line with our own.

James

Good idea why not offer something in return. If Doncaster offered his resignation Im sure there would be a lot leave their money in the club

think the whole waiver thing will just cause more division between the fans of this fine club. We have been totally divided over too many issues recently and I think that this is just something else that will cause unnecessary friction.

If people want to claim their money back then so be it and f people want to waiver then good for them, either way it should not be a guilt trip or a matter of self gratification. Personally I''m undecided.

[quote user="storeman"]If people want to claim their money back then so be it and f people want to waiver then good for them, either way it should not be a guilt trip or a matter of self gratification. Personally I''m undecided.[/quote]Agree totally. I will waive but in all honesty it''s easier for me than others. I totally understand those that don''t want to either in principle or because they have more pressing needs.The last thing we need is for this to become yet another test of machismo - there is too much of that already.