Sign in to follow this  
DGC

Mike Walker

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="No Quarter"]

MW is living proof that a manager is only as good as his players.  Done the unthinkable at Norwich (with Stringers players), then went toEverton and f**ked it all up.  As did Curbishley at West Ham, as did Pardew at Charlton.  This backs up my point about Gunny, he knows who the s**t players are before the new season has begun!

[/quote]No Quarter, I agree with you about Gunn but feel that you are being a little harsh on MW. He kept them up and was sacked prematurely in my opinion (but I think that about everyone - except Grant especially, and Roeder). But yes, they were largely Stringer''s team. The best manager we have ever had imo. [/quote]There were rumours he left the Club in 1998 for other reasons. Others might know what I''m referring too..[/quote]

I think you will find it was commoning known at the time ;)

[/quote]Yes it was as it was a strong topic of conversation around the City back then. If someone else wants to hint at it they can but I''m sure it would be deleted pronto.Greetings from over here in New Mexico by the way - I''m another exiled Canary here in the USofA.

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="No Quarter"]

MW is living proof that a manager is only as good as his players.  Done the unthinkable at Norwich (with Stringers players), then went toEverton and f**ked it all up.  As did Curbishley at West Ham, as did Pardew at Charlton.  This backs up my point about Gunny, he knows who the s**t players are before the new season has begun!

[/quote]No Quarter, I agree with you about Gunn but feel that you are being a little harsh on MW. He kept them up and was sacked prematurely in my opinion (but I think that about everyone - except Grant especially, and Roeder). But yes, they were largely Stringer''s team. The best manager we have ever had imo. [/quote]There were rumours he left the Club in 1998 for other reasons. Others might know what I''m referring too..[/quote]

I think you will find it was commoning known at the time ;)

[/quote]

Yes it was as it was a strong topic of conversation around the City back then. If someone else wants to hint at it they can but I''m sure it would be deleted pronto.Greetings from over here in New Mexico by the way - I''m another exiled Canary here in the USofA.[/quote]Hi from Tennessee