Sign in to follow this  
DGC

Mike Walker

[quote user="DGC"]Get him back in i say
[/quote]

Indeed when Delia and Doomy clear their desks they might need a large skip!!!

At least you''d see attacking football and not the pass it backwards stuff we''ve grown used to knowdays.  I always liked the guy.

If I''m not mistaken, didn''t Mike walker leave the second time after two consecutive 5-0 home wins? I''m not sure I''d want him back now but what sort of results do you have to get if two 5-0ers weren''t good enough? (OK, have just looked up, the 14 previous games were winless).

[quote user="K Lo"]If I''m not mistaken, didn''t Mike walker leave the second time after two consecutive 5-0 home wins? I''m not sure I''d want him back now but what sort of results do you have to get if two 5-0ers weren''t good enough? (OK, have just looked up, the 14 previous games were winless).[/quote]

Mike said you can have an opinion at Carrow Road, as long as it agrees with Delia Smiths!

The sacking of Mike Walker was shocking and unforgivable. My memory of Mike Walker was the 4-2 victory over Arsenal at Highbury. Ruel Fox ran amok that day and the delicious memory I have is Mike Walker bringing on a sub on the 90th minute. The Arsenal supporters were baying with frustration at the temerity of  Norwich manager playing brinkmanship. I remember thinking , finally we have a manager who is a winner. God, looking at the sorry state of our club today it makes me want to cry.

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Walker Texas Ranger will do the job.

jas :)

[/quote]

One eyed walker off the goonies!
[/quote]

that was "one eyed Willie"

the mind, does indeed, Boggle.. who the hell came up with that name and just what the hell was he looking at at the time?!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]One eyed walker off the goonies![/quote]

the mind, does indeed, Boggle.. who the hell came up with that name and just what the hell was he looking at at the time?!

[/quote]

Jas you total Nob........its sarcasm !!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

One eyed walker off the goonies!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas you total Nob........its sarcasm !!
[/quote]

dont care what it is.. im mentally scarred at the name "one eyed Willie" and the image it conjures up!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]One eyed walker off the goonies![/quote]

[/quote]

lol............

Jas you total Nob........its sarcasm !! [/quote]

dont care what it is.. im mentally scarred at the name "one eyed Willie" and the image it conjures up!

[/quote]

MW is living proof that a manager is only as good as his players.  Done the unthinkable at Norwich (with Stringers players), then went toEverton and f**ked it all up.  As did Curbishley at West Ham, as did Pardew at Charlton.  This backs up my point about Gunny, he knows who the s**t players are before the new season has begun!

Wonder if Mike still wears that hat he used to wear after he left us for Everton?

[quote user="No Quarter"]

MW is living proof that a manager is only as good as his players.  Done the unthinkable at Norwich (with Stringers players), then went toEverton and f**ked it all up.  As did Curbishley at West Ham, as did Pardew at Charlton.  This backs up my point about Gunny, he knows who the s**t players are before the new season has begun!

[/quote]No Quarter, I agree with you about Gunn but feel that you are being a little harsh on MW. He kept them up and was sacked prematurely in my opinion (but I think that about everyone - except Grant especially, and Roeder). But yes, they were largely Stringer''s team. The best manager we have ever had imo.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]At least you''d see attacking football and not the pass it backwards stuff we''ve grown used to knowdays.  I always liked the guy.[/quote]

Not with our midfield though Inchy!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]MW runs a skip company doesn`t he?, we could get him in to clear out all the rubbish at CR and while he is at it he could take my old seat away.....[/quote]

I have just "emailed" CR about your seat, as it seems every post has the bloody seat in it !!!!!

So took it on meself and lets see if it gets changed lmao

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote]No Quarter, I agree with you about Gunn but feel that you are being a little harsh on MW. He kept them up and was sacked prematurely in my opinion (but I think that about everyone - except Grant especially, and Roeder). But yes, they were largely Stringer''s team. The best manager we have ever had imo. [/quote]There were rumours he left the Club in 1998 for other reasons. Others might know what I''m referring too..

[quote user="Paperclip"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote]

No Quarter, I agree with you about Gunn but feel that you are being a little harsh on MW. He kept them up and was sacked prematurely in my opinion (but I think that about everyone - except Grant especially, and Roeder). But yes, they were largely Stringer''s team. The best manager we have ever had imo.
[/quote]

There were rumours he left the Club in 1998 for other reasons. Others might know what I''m referring too..
[/quote]

I think you will find it was commoning known at the time ;)