Sign in to follow this  
Henry VIII

Poetry competition

This board advocates poor grammar, so lets add a bit of culture and have an NCFC themed poetry competition. (No prize for the winner)Limerick:There once was a team called NorwichWho were the victims in an abusive marriageThey got stuffed four twoLets face it, they''re pooThe wheels came off their carriageAlan Lee poem:Lee, Lee, what a joy be he!A return to the days of HuckerbyHe can spearhead a League One onslaught by CityAnd banish the previous unkind songs about him being a IppyG Doc:Doc, Doc, aren''t you a sight for sore eyes!With your lovely passingAnd fine all round positional playYou were not at all at fault for relegation.David Carney:You stupid t*t

I call this one :

Andy Hughes

I wish it could be like before,
but I don''t know how things could be the same.
Especially since I feel remorse
every time I hear your name.

It''s like a thousand needles
are pricking at my heart.
I''ve fallen into pieces
ever since your depart.

Fin

Bryan Gunn you were once number one....as you prowled like a cat ''tween the sticks,

Now it appears you''ve got shit in your ears and and are taking supporters for pricks.

Tis time to leave town with the Stowmarket clown and find a new job far away.

For we all had enough of this bullshitting stuff...and besides which we all think you''re gay.

Anon.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

Bryan Gunn you were once number one....as you prowled like a cat ''tween the sticks,

Now it appears you''ve got shit in your ears and and are taking supporters for pricks.

Tis time to leave town with the Stowmarket clown and find a new job far away.

For we all had enough of this bullshitting stuff...and besides which we all think you''re gay.

Anon.

[/quote]

[:D]

Uncle Fester, we''re lower than Leicester, and we will be lower than KeynesGet out now with your head partially aloft because you''re clearly one of the has-beens.

A team living south of the wash,

Were perticularly hard up for dosh,

To get moving faster, they did with Doncaster,

Now Delia can''t serve him nosh.

Here is my entry.It is called ''The Stroll of the Seriously Lightweight and Makeshift Brigade''. Another league another league,  another league downward,at one end of the valley of doom cheered the three thousand Forward the right midfield, go for the goal they said, onto the valley pitch strolled the team as we wondered.Forward the light brigade Was there a man dismayed,yet though the fans all knewthe team had been plundered. Theirs not to make replyTheirs not to reason whyTheirs but to watch and cryonto the valley pitchthe Norwich team lumbered.Charlton to right of themCharlton to left of themCharlton in front of them volleyed and dribbledShot after shot and wellI think the score will tellhow soon the spirits fellas the Charlton goals mounted.Gone the attacking flair, tackles were finding air,(like the Gunners Euro affair), Charlton were ravaging while,all the City wondered. Like some ground hog day jokeRight through the line they broke Bailey and BurtonBarnsley were winning too, That''s when the fans all knew Even though we''d clawed back two,Our Champs days were numbered.

Still ours not to reason why, Ours not to make reply, Just accept it we sell don''t buy (For those who wondered). Half the squad is redundant,  Budget non existant, And yet the incumbents Claim no-one has blundered. Another league another league,  another league downward.

Ship Of FoolsThe board of Norwich City FC,Thought they were as smart as could be,They got very lucky with Worthy,Cost savings were all they could see.So they brought in Grant the arm flapping jock ,On the recommendation of a senile old...man,When he turned out to be utter pants,They turned to an arrogant man full of rants.As predicted it all ended in tears,No premiership now for ten years,But that''s what you get for playing a team of borrowed runts,You silly, silly....board.

There was once a man called Peter

Who''s side was easy to beat''a

He was off in a hurry

Replaced by Glenn, loans a flurry

And now we have Gunn, troubles deeper

There was a couple from Stowmarketbought a club but had nowhere to park itThey tried in the Prem, Championship and League 1,And now the poor clubs nearly carked it.

Humpty Gunnpty sat on the wall

Humpty Gunnpty had a Great fall

All the kings horse''s and all the chefs Friends

Couldnt put Humpty together again!

Stop all the waffle, the boardroom is the hub,

Prevent the cook from ruining, our beloved club.

Silence Mr Munby and with yellow scarves,

Bring out your pitchfork before they get our hearts.

Let crows circle sqwarking overhead,

Symbolically showing the message of our death.

Put green and yellow bows around the Carrow Road gates

Letting onlookers see, we finally met our fate.

City was my North my South, My East and West.

My Tuesday Week and Saturday Best!

My Noon, My Midnight, My Talk My Song,

I thought that we would last forever – I was wrong

The players are not ours now, send back every one.

Pack up the Goal posts, we’ll not see another croft run.

Put away the champagne, and with it all the glass;

Memories of a club once premiership in class.

By Mr Tipster

Appologies to W H Auden (Stop all the clocks)

GATHER ye loan players while ye may, 
    The points are not yet earned.
And this same loan player that plays to-day
    To-morrow will be returned. (actually he may NOT have played.)

The glorious team of yellow and green,
    The lower they''s a-getting,
The closer the ending of the season, 
    The increase of the fans'' a-fretting. (on remaining in the Championship.)

Prudence is best which is the first,
    When ambition is barely a thought;
But money not being spent, the worse, and worst
    Times still happen with little regard of the fans'' support. (home and away.)

Then be not coy, but do nothing now,
    And while ye may go on holiday:
For having lost but once your prime
    You may for ever stay. (in League One.)

With apologies to Robert Herrick ~ To Make Much of Time.

[quote user="Henry VIII"]This board advocates poor grammar, so lets add a bit of culture and have an NCFC themed poetry competition.

(No prize for the winner)

Limerick:

There once was a team called Norwich
Who were the victims in an abusive marriage
They got stuffed four two
Lets face it, they''re poo
The wheels came off their carriage

Alan Lee poem:

Lee, Lee, what a joy be he!
A return to the days of Huckerby
He can spearhead a League One onslaught by City
And banish the previous unkind songs about him being a Ippy

G Doc:

Doc, Doc, aren''t you a sight for sore eyes!
With your lovely passing
And fine all round positional play
You were not at all at fault for relegation.

David Carney:

You stupid t*t

[/quote]i would love to post a reply...BUT MY KEYBOARD SKILLS ARE JUST NOT UP TO IT!!!! [D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Henry VIII"]This board advocates poor grammar, so lets add a bit of culture and have an NCFC themed poetry competition. (No prize for the winner)Limerick:There once was a team called NorwichWho were the victims in an abusive marriageThey got stuffed four twoLets face it, they''re pooThe wheels came off their carriageAlan Lee poem:Lee, Lee, what a joy be he!A return to the days of HuckerbyHe can spearhead a League One onslaught by CityAnd banish the previous unkind songs about him being a IppyG Doc:Doc, Doc, aren''t you a sight for sore eyes!With your lovely passingAnd fine all round positional playYou were not at all at fault for relegation.David Carney:You stupid t*t

[/quote]i would love to post a reply...BUT MY KEYBOARD SKILLS ARE JUST NOT UP TO IT!!!! [D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][D][/quote]All posts are welcome, no matter what skills are displayed.Here is another:Oh G Doc, G Doc, G Doc, G Doc;Aren''t there any toliets to unblock?Or any other players to mock?But, in saying that, we''ve seen the size of your...

Baa Baa Norwich Fans,Have you any balls?No smudge, No smudge, we''re all fools.Once we got chase out,But thats the past,Now we''re all happy clappys and look like twats.I thought i''d do it for Smudger really, since i fancy him trying this one.

When my mum grows a co@kIll stick it in Delia''s potShe''ll stir up a musterand deliver us a little blufferGunn wants the jobBut so does my dad RogIve said for so long its not all that funWhen you got us in so lowwe dropped just like a stoneWith munby in the wingswe show little stingThen we we come to doomcasterthe over rated plasterwe seem too have a leakthe man is a freakSo please step down, you make us all frownAnd move over faster, So this disaster can find the end without you plebs  sucking us dead!

[quote user="hogesar"]Baa Baa Norwich Fans,Have you any balls?No smudge, No smudge, we''re all fools.Once we got chase out,But thats the past,Now we''re all happy clappys and look like tw*ts.I thought i''d do it for Smudger really, since i fancy him trying this one.[/quote]I thought it normally sensors posts automatically? I''d better do it myself just for any young''uns, or those who are easily offended [;)]

On the Ball Norwich City

Gone Down again ! what a pity

Gone are the days at the nest    

Back then we were one of the Best   

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Henry the V111 ive sent you a PM
[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

[quote user="Beaker"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]Henry the V111 ive sent you a PM[/quote]

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo

[/quote]

beaker ya mum!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]

ROSES ARE RED

VIOLETS ARE BLUE

DELIA SMITH

YOU HAVE TURNED OUR CLUB TO POO   [Y]

[/quote]

Poetry may not be your strong point!

There was an ol'' girl from WokingWho ran out of ideas for cookingShe updated a best-seller and neglected the team in yellaAnd in a few seasons time we''ll be playing f*cking Woking

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Does Norwich rhyme with ''marriage''? I thought it was more ''porridge''.

[/quote]Correct.How did you manage to see my first drafts?!Feel free to enter a poem with Norwich and porridge in it.

Carrow Road, Carrow Road, riding on a starCarrow Road, Carrow Road, how wonderful you areWe employed B GunnOh dear, how dumbLeague One, League One, we''re going to Exeter by carLeague One, League One, I hope it''s not too farFoz was our skipperNow we''re up the kipperDavid Marshall, David Marshall, who taught you to kick dear boy?Marshall, Marshall, is your favored brand of Chinese cooking products Amoy?He''s our number oneForgive these poor punsDavid Carney, David Carney, your surname is one out from CareyDavid Carney, David Carney, compared to him, you are even more of a fairyPack your bag quicklyAnd head back to Sydney