Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Opinions please

After a chat with a few City fans, a couple of points just kept cropping up,so i thought i''d ask the following two Questions to the good posters of the Pink un.

Q1, After relegation do you think Delia actually wants to sell up now?

Q2, If we get new investment should Delia be kept on the board in some form or other?

My answers are

Q1,No, i honestly think she wants to stay at the club because it''s her little toy and she believes she is the only one who can run the club!

Q2,No,she''s had her time and should make a clean break from the club!

As i say just thought it would be interesting to see other fans points of view.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

After a chat with a few City fans, a couple of points just kept cropping up,so i thought i''d ask the following two Questions to the good posters of the Pink un.

Q2, If we get new investment should Delia be kept on the board in some form or other?

My answers are

Q1,No, i honestly think she wants to stay at the club because it''s her little toy and she believes she is the only one who can run the club!

[/quote]

Of course she would sell her shares if she could. Do you think the lass in barmy!!! She has to put in here own money year in yer out to keep us afloat - she is not realy rich so she can no longer afford a hobby like NCFC.

My answers are

[/quote]

Q1..... Noop .but i believe they still care, but fan pressure will make her act!Q2..... I hope she steps down, she has caused enough damage, hopefully we will get someone who actually realises a nice ground is nothing without a football team to play in it!

Q1, After relegation do you think Delia actually wants to sell up now? From the interviews she''s given, she seems as clueless as a clown running a bakery (Heh, pretty ironic it''s the other way round ''eh?!). I don''t think she''ll sell up at the first chance, obviously the problem in the championship was that she didn''t want to lose her money - it''s going to be even harder for her to do so now with the drop down to the third tier. Something needs to change though - When hey and MWJ took over the board - they said they wanted to stop people taking control of the club - isn''t that exactly what they have done by becoming "Majority Shareholders"?

Q2, If we get new investment should Delia be kept on the board in some form or other? This would depend on the new investments views and aims. If they want to come in and run the club on their own accord with good aims and ambition - so be it. However, if Delia and MWJ stay on as a small part of the club, I wouldn''t mind as long as changes happen and the club went forward. To be fair, they''ve put a lot into this club (and maybe they deserve to be rewarded) it''s just a shame they don''t know how to run it.

My answers are

[/quote]

Q1 Yes, I think fianlly she does but only because she knows the fans want rid! But this is a a hard one to answer!

Q2 No!!! Go so we can stop being embarrased and being linked with her when Norwich is mentioned, Little delia''s team!!! Arghhh This one was easy

Q1. Hopefully pressure from the fans will force her to sell, or at least consider it more thoroughly.

Q2. They could have some sort of position, as they''ve given a lot in the past. Nothing to imporant though, as they''ve proved many times over they don''t know what they''re doing.

Q1- Not sure.

Q2-She has done her time here and needs to go asap, until she goes there will always been divisions amongst the fanbase. We need a new owner with a different approach so we can all start singing from the same hymnsheet, if we start the season with her still in charge we won''t have a hope in hell.

Phat, I am sure we are all having similar conversations across the country and beyond!

To answer your points though, just my view, not necessarily anyone else''s.

Q1 I still remain unconvinced on this subject. and that''s sad for me as I really don''t believe practically anything that''s said at boardroom level anymore. She said she wanted investment at the last AGM, and since has gone on record saying if someone came in she would step aside no problem. My problem with that is

a) How closely are the board (plus the appointed agency) looking and what criteria are they following?

b) Any likely investment - how has it been handled, if it''s anything like the Cullum affair then God help us.

Q2 If we get new investment I suppose it really lies at the discretion of those parties. Most I assume would simply want to replace Delia as majority shareholder, smaller investment, say on the scale of the Turners and it would be as them, just additions to the board, but Delia really not changing her stance greatly. I think personally she should step aside now, doesn''t necessarily mean she has to give up/sell her shares, but the club is run to her liking at present and we can''t ignore just how many mistakes have been made. So, she could be made into a life president as such, it''s clear something has to give. I also remember someone saying a while back she would have to "retire" when she reaches 70 anyhow, but not sure if this is true.