Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

"Couldn't save them from the drop"

Is anyone else getting a bit hacked-off with this ''soundbite'' to every report about Gunn''s time as manager?

To me, saving someone from the drop is coming in with a few games to go at a club teetering on the edge and then steering them clear. Not being able to save a team from the drop is failing to do this, although the odds were always stacked against the manager from the start. Brap came in halfway through a season, took us into the relegation zone and then got us relegated.

A bit pendatic maybe but I''m really starting to get hacked off with Brap''s halo.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Is anyone else getting a bit hacked-off with this ''soundbite'' to every report about Gunn''s time as manager?

To me, saving someone from the drop is coming in with a few games to go at a club teetering on the edge and then steering them clear. Not being able to save a team from the drop is failing to do this, although the odds were always stacked against the manager from the start. Brap came in halfway through a season, took us into the relegation zone and then got us relegated.

A bit pendatic maybe but I''m really starting to get hacked off with Brap''s halo.

[/quote]

Excuse me for being a bit slow here, but why is Gunn referred to as Brap?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[/quote] I totally agree Gunn was the one who took us into the drop zone and relegated us , compare the position Gunn took over to that of Roeder who took over when we were rock bottom and still saved us.

Apologies PPP. ''Brap'' is chav-speak for the noise a gun makes. It indicates something good and is often shouted out loud at drum ''n'' bass nights. I just thought I''d start speaking like yout'' seeing as that''s the way this messageboard is heading.