Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Has nobody noticed this? Well done NCISA!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]http://new.pinkun.com/[/quote]

I have now surprised you haven''t[;)]

Urge everyone who can to attend

[/quote]I have know problem with the meeting but doubt very much that it will be a representitive sample of fans opinions. Having seen the abuse meeted out to any that dare voice a contrary view on this message board it would take a far braver person than me to speak out in favour of Gunn etc.Wouldn''t a better way be a ballot of season ticket holders and members?

congratulations NCISA.  Excellent work and should ensure that things wont just go away as our board of directors are hoping

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

I have know problem with the meeting but doubt very much that it will be a representitive sample of fans opinions. Having seen the abuse meeted out to any that dare voice a contrary view on this message board it would take a far braver person than me to speak out in favour of Gunn etc.

Wouldn''t a better way be a ballot of season ticket holders and members
?
[/quote]

No it wouldn''t Bodger.

It has been this spineless behaviour by our fans that has had a huge part to play in seeing us in to this fine mess.

Back your convictions for once.

How much abuse have people like myself or Tilly, or many others taken on attempting to get things this far?

If you are not prepared to get out from behind your keyboard then you do not deserve a say.

Well done to all of the NCISA committee... [Y]

Finally it appears that we may have some hope of forcing the changes required for NCFC to put these last few turbulant years behind them.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]I have know problem with the meeting but doubt very much that it will be a representitive sample of fans opinions. Having seen the abuse meeted out to any that dare voice a contrary view on this message board it would take a far braver person than me to speak out in favour of Gunn etc.Wouldn''t a better way be a ballot of season ticket holders and members?[/quote]How can you state this and then slate Smudger et al, who have had the conviction to stand up for their beliefs despite once seeming to be in the minority?

Gutted I am going to miss this, right bang in the middle of my finals.  Well done to the NCISA for setting this up, I''m guessing someone will be there to take notes etc?

If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.

I really hope something comes of this as the board are just so out of touch about people actually wanting Gunn as manager. Cant someone tell the board to have a look on all the comments about Gunn on here or get archant to show them all those anti gunn posts in that thread they set up the other day?

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.[/quote]I agree with you Jim that people shouldn''t be given abuse for expressing their opinions - unfortunately it is very unlikely that this will be the case.I think that you will have seen from two posts above that there is a significant minority that would not want such a thing to happen. The trouble with a ballot is that it might not get the response that they want. It would be far easier to engineer the result that they require through intimidation and they are well aware of this. It was why the secret ballot was brought in in the first place.Any proposal that has Smudger''s backing I would concern me - I have seen enough of his "debating style" on here! I don''t think it will be a very representative meeting.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.[/quote]

Very true Jim and I would have no problem with that at all.

Unless of course one of the Happy Clappers starts giving the verbals and the threats like they usually do.

If that happens then they deserve evrything that is thrown back at them.

How they have called things wrong to the detriment of NCFC for the past 4 years must be halted.

Whether that is done the nice way or the not so nice way is down to them.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.[/quote]

I agree with you Jim that people shouldn''t be given abuse for expressing their opinions - unfortunately it is very unlikely that this will be the case.

I think that you will have seen from two posts above that there is a significant minority that would not want such a thing to happen. The trouble with a ballot is that it might not get the response that they want. It would be far easier to engineer the result that they require through intimidation and they are well aware of this. It was why the secret ballot was brought in in the first place.

Any proposal that has Smudger''s backing I would concern me - I have seen enough of his "debating style" on here!

I don''t think it will be a very representative meeting.

[/quote]

THere we go you see... the first to give out the abuse yet again.... [:$]

That should be contolled from the "chair"

We need adult,constructive views from ALL sides of the debate.

That way a true consensus can be arrived at, one that should, in a democracy, be followed by ALL

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Jim Smith"]If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.[/quote]

I agree with you Jim that people shouldn''t be given abuse for expressing their opinions - unfortunately it is very unlikely that this will be the case.

I think that you will have seen from two posts above that there is a significant minority that would not want such a thing to happen. The trouble with a ballot is that it might not get the response that they want. It would be far easier to engineer the result that they require through intimidation and they are well aware of this. It was why the secret ballot was brought in in the first place.

Any proposal that has Smudger''s backing I would concern me - I have seen enough of his "debating style" on here!

[/quote]

It will be as representative as you will get and at the end of the day the people there will be the ones who care enough about the club to make the effort to attend. i know not everyone who wants to go will be able to and i''m not saying if you don''t attend you are not a fan but i suspect there will be several hundred people there all of whom are passionate norwich fans. Many of our season ticket holders and members are not what i would describe as passionate Norwich fans and to be honest any ballot that included them would also not be truly representative if you ask me!

I hope that Badger and Smudgers ridiculous reponses to Jims fair post don''t set the tone for the meeting.

[quote user="Smudger"]

THere we go you see... the first to give out the abuse yet again.... [:$]

[/quote]Sorry Smudger but in all honesty, I do find your arguments rather aggressive.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

It will be as representative as you will get and at the end of the day the people there will be the ones who care enough about the club to make the effort to attend. i know not everyone who wants to go will be able to and i''m not saying if you don''t attend you are not a fan but i suspect there will be several hundred people there all of whom are passionate norwich fans. Many of our season ticket holders and members are not what i would describe as passionate Norwich fans and to be honest any ballot that included them would also not be truly representative if you ask me!

[/quote]

oops.. I''ll take it back. Who are you to decide which fans are should be included to make a vote representative of Norwich fans[:|]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]If people are going to attend this and its going to be any use nobody should be given abuse for expressing their opinion. It will only be worthwhile if people are able to say what they think. At the end of the day if I sit there and a majority of the fans in the room put their hands up and support Gunn getting the job or Delia, Doncaster et all carrying on regardless then we have to accept that is the majority view. I would be amazed if that is the case (not least because those more likley to attend are going to be those that want change) but thats how i see it.[/quote]

Abuse will not be tolerated at the meeting, irrespective of the views expressed. If we want the club to listen to our opinions then people must behave like grown ups.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hope that Badger and Smudgers ridiculous reponses to Jims fair post don''t set the tone for the meeting.

[/quote]I''m sure it won''t, as unlike on here, there will doubtless be a chair to keep order. Are you coming Nutty?

[/quote]What is ridiculous about a ballot?

[quote user="astrodyne"]I''m sure it won''t, as unlike on here, there will doubtless be a chair to keep order. [/quote]Or, failing that, a big stick... If one side of the debate is going to bleat about having abuse thrown at them, then they should maybe take a look at themselves and their own behaviour as well.  Do unto others, and all that.... unfortunately, in these parts, it seems that that applies only up to the point at which someone disagrees with you, in which case it turns into a free-for-all.  Both Smudger and Badger could be accused of this childishness.Incidentally, Kathy or Tilly or whoever, what are the outputs of this meeting expected to be? A written statement on behalf of the fans? A petition or poll? Or just a strongly shaken fist in the direction of Doomcaster?

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

What is ridiculous about a ballot?
[/quote]

There''s nothing ridiculous about a ballot. What was ridiculous was your comment about it being highly unlikely that people could express and opinion without getting abuse. Pre-emptive comments like that put people off attending or speaking.

Astro - I will make every effort to be there. Thursday evenings are not the easiest for me to arrange cover but I am already on to it.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Jim Smith"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

oops.. I''ll take it back. Who are you to decide which fans are should be included to make a vote representative of Norwich fans[:|]

[/quote]

I''m not saying its for me to decide. i''m just saying that (leaving aside the logistics of organising it) a ballot of all season ticket holders and members would not IMHO be much more representative than a sample of say 1,000 who attend this meeting. I know at least 5 or 6 Norwich season ticket holders who attend Carrow Road and watch us play but who''s "first" club is not Norwich - they just want to watch live football. They won''t be at this meeting. I would not regard them as Norwich fans in the same way that i would regard you or I or Smudger or badger or virtually everyone that posts on this messageboard. This is one of the reasons why you will never see the types of mass uprising you used to get at CR under Chase - there are a lot of people like that who have STs now.

[/quote]

Will you be attending Nutty? Somehow i think i may already know the answer!

I think at least that the words of John Tilson are excellent in the article about the meeting and give me some confidence that opinions voiced in the meeting will be done so in an orderly, respectful and justified manner. If that happens, the board has to take note. If it doesn''t and turns in to a rowdy shouting match, the board has a reason to dismiss it as just that. Don''t give them that reason.