Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

IF (and its a big IF)

Next year:we get a squad of players that are COMMITTED to norwich ciy on long term contracts that are good solid players, we get an ambitious board and a hint of a very promising future- would you take a year in L1? Add that to the ''joy'' of visiting ''homely'' little grounds and dishing out the odd thrashing then the answer would be yes from me.Fwiw this is the team I can see us having next year:                                      New GKSpillane Stefanovic Doc Drury New RM Clingan[:O] (i just cant see anyone willing to take a chance on him tbh) Russell New LM      Lee Cody Mac

[quote user="CT "]Next year:

we get a squad of players that are COMMITTED to norwich ciy on long term contracts that are good solid players, we get an ambitious board and a hint of a very promising future- would you take a year in L1? Add that to the ''joy'' of visiting ''homely'' little grounds and dishing out the odd thrashing then the answer would be yes from me.

Fwiw this is the team I can see us having next year:

New GK
Spillane Stefanovic Doc Drury

New RM Clingan[:O] (i just cant see anyone willing to take a chance on him tbh) Russell New LM
      Lee Cody Mac
[/quote]

Sorry, I didn''t realise we had a choice. In that case I''d like a season  in the Prem then!

Yes please...but i wouldn''t get my hopes up...clingan staying??? i wish, but in all seriousness i think someone in the championship will come in for him if not fulham

we get a squad of players that are COMMITTED to norwich ciy on long term contracts that are good solid players, we get an ambitious board and a hint of a very promising future- would you take a year in L1? Add that to the ''joy'' of visiting ''homely'' little grounds and dishing out the odd thrashing then the answer would be yes from me.

[/quote]

A year in L1 is just what this club needs, they need to learn how to win again..

[quote user="Canadian Canary"]

[/quote]

A year in L1 is just what this club needs, they need to learn how to win again..

[/quote]

Having watched Leeds v Millwall yesterday, winning won''t be easy at all![:S]

Got to agree with Wiz there, I watched Leeds v Millwall as well & the standard looked half decent, if any one thinks L1 is going to be much easier than the Championship they are in for a shock,. You could be a team that play good passing football & have success that way. but with the quality of players we are likely to have, I don''t think that will be possible for us!.

You don''t "consolidate" in League 1, you stagnate.It took Forest three years to get out, Leeds look like they have cocked it up at the Play Off level again, other clubs who might have expected to be at Championship level-Brighton, Bradford, Oldham, Millwall etc-have struggled. To get out, or stand as good a chance as at any time, of getting out, you need to hit the ground running, be ready for a battle, have players up for a battle and to think and prepare for nothing but success and to engrain that mentality at the club, from top to bottom.The latter, in particular, might be difficult for Norwich!I am as convinced that Gunn will get the job as Manager as I also am of the club seeing and stating that the club needs to "settle down" and that hopes of a quick return mustn''t be uppermost in anyones minds. Perhaps they are underplaying us, but the "little old Norwich" quote, irritating in the Prem, and annoying in the Championship, is patronising and completely unacceptable at this level. Respect to League 1, and yes, there will be 8-10 clubs with a good chance of going up next season, but we need to think of ourselves as one of those from now, and begin building for that now, as much as we can. The doubt over the structure of the club, management and team doesn''t help, but, if after all of this waiting and speculating, things pretty much stay as they are, then shame on them for not building for that immediately following the Charlton game.So no, no season of consolidation, aim to get out and get out this time next year-and thats upwards, not downwards, though the latter would hardly surprise me!As for the team-we played Kenton for too long at right back when his best position was centre back. Same goes for Spillane, play him there, keep him there, "versatility" is all very well, but its too often an excuse for clubs that don''t have a good enough squad or players who aren''t quite good enough but who can "do a job" somewhere. So Spillane as centre back please.