Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Be honest, Is anyone secretly looking forward to league one?!?

I think it all depends on how the season starts - for the last god knows how many years we''ve had a crap start - even the Championship season in 2004 started slowly til Hucks etc came in

IF we can get 6 or 7 wins under our belt in the 1st 10 games, people will start enjoying themselves again and going to Exeter, Brentford etc will be one long party.  If on the other hand it takes us 30 games to get 6 wins, the general level of despondency will get worse and the likes of First Wizard will probably self combust (or move to Alpha Centauri)

It is a disaster and one which I never thought would happen. I cannot find anything good in the situation at all.

I''m really looking forward to it.  No longer a season ticket holder, I will be going to more away games and to grounds that I have never seen in over 40 years of supporting Norwich, such as Wycombe and Exeter. The club are now forced to blood talented youngsters and dump expensive journeymen and the magician Hucks will be back. Bring it on !!    

Everyone let''s face it.

Next season we are in the League One, please try to accept it, and don''t say we are too big in this league or we don''t deserved to be here.

What we had to do is we had to back the club, back the team, back the player hopefully it''s the youngsters, and back us to going up in 2010/2011, or further later.

Norwich City is playing in League One at 2009-2010 season, cannot change, accpet it please.

[quote user="paul moy"]I''m really looking forward to it.  No longer a season ticket holder, I will be going to more away games and to grounds that I have never seen in over 40 years of supporting Norwich, such as Wycombe and Exeter. The club are now forced to blood talented youngsters and dump expensive journeymen and the magician Hucks will be back. Bring it on !!    [/quote]

Hucks wont be back.. and Kids and Journeymen are all you find in League 1!

we last played Wycombe in 1994 and Exeter in 1990... you dont get to mnay games do you? lol!

jas :)

Are you for real?

That said I can now go (being a west country boy) to Exeter, Swindon, Yeovil and Bristol Rovers to watch us play.

Great. :(

I always look forward to every season irrespective of what division we''re in - the season only finished six days ago and I''m already feeling twitchy for my "fix" of Carrow Road football!If we do well and win a few games early on it might not be too bad - a lot of Leicester fans seem to have enjoyed their experience. On the other hand if we do a Nottingham Forest and stay down for several seasons the novelty will quickly wear off and we''ll be absolutely desperate to get back into the Championship.

For a start relegation was disasterous and will mean the club losing ground, though if its only for one season then it could help reshape the club and will be interesting!

If its for more than one season which is very likely then it''ll not be interesting more like a nightmare I never thought the club would be in!

If i''m going tobe honest. Yes. I am looking forward to next season in "league 1". I think that provided we try as hard as possible not to let a lot of players leave (Marshall, Drury, Stefanovic etc.) we could be pushing for a top 2 place. I think that Cody McDonald will score a minimum of 15-20 goals in that league. If we''re lucky we could even get a good cup run going (Johnstones Paint Trophy). :) . Apart from that slightly sarcastic last point i am seriously optimistic for next season.

I will look forward to Orient (a), my local ground, and taking my son to his first game now that he is 7.

[quote user="corbs"]I will look forward to Orient (a), my local ground, and taking my son to his first game now that he is 7.[/quote]

( lol )........only seven years old and you''re taking him to X-rated stuff like that ?

Bet you haven''t told his mother yet.

i honestly wouldnt mind one season of it, provided we get a decent manager and the team is amde up of our players not loan signings, then yea i wouldnt mind as long as we get promoted one way or the other but to be honest i can only see us finishing between 8th-12th if gunn''s in charge