Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Our nickname - "The Canaries" needs to be changed!!!

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

I''m sick of fans taking the p**s out of our nickname, we don''t sound very brave do we?

We need to change it to something a bit more manly, it will be a start, anyone agree?

[/quote]

F*ck off is my answer to your ridiculous post!

We''re called the Canaries because keeping Canaries was a popular past time in the 1800''s and early 1900''s so the nickname has a local link!

Its also highly original!

They are virtually the same reasons why I get p*ssed of with Norwich fans who slate our anthem ''on the ball City''.

Apart from being p*ss poor on the pitch we are a very proud football club which is original and has original nicknames and main songs unlike other clubs in particular one 43 miles down the A140!

I suppose you don''t like our yellow and green colours then?

If you don''t like where all our various bits and pieces originated from which make the club as what we know it today then you should be supporting someone else!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]

I''m sick of fans taking the p**s out of our nickname, we don''t sound very brave do we?

We need to change it to something a bit more manly, it will be a start, anyone agree?

[/quote]

F*ck off is my answer to your ridiculous post!

We''re called the Canaries because keeping Canaries was a popular past time in the 1800''s and early 1900''s so the nickname has a local link!

Its also highly original!

They are virtually the same reasons why I get p*ssed of with Norwich fans who slate our anthem ''on the ball City''.

Apart from being p*ss poor on the pitch we are a very proud football club which is original and has original nicknames and main songs unlike other clubs in particular one 43 miles down the A140!

I suppose you don''t like our yellow and green colours then?

If you don''t like where all our various bits and pieces originated from which make the club as what we know it today then you should be supporting someone else!

[/quote]

Well F**k off in reply

As i said earlier, it was said tongue in cheek you complete prat, and i also know the reasons WHY we are called the canaries.

But we were called the citizins before that, but i won''t try and impress you with all of my knowledge of this once proud club.

As for our colours and song, i don''t have a problem with this either, so go back and crawl under the rock where you came from you complete tool.