Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Adam Aiken and his Crystal Ball

Just thought the EDP journo deserves a quick mention as he seems to have been the only one in the local media who, when it all started to go pear-shaped, called City''s relegation right.

I don''t suppose it''s something he''d want to hang on his CV but he stuck to his guns against some impossibly opimistic colleagues and was spot on unfortunately. If you''re on for the double an encouraging pre-season forecast for next term might be in order please Adam.

Incidentally at the beginning of the season, for what it''s worth, I thought we''d finish in the top half of the bottom six.

Pretty close but sadly not quite close enough................

That''s pretty similar to how I saw it. I didn''t think we''d go down until March - but in June last year, posted this predicted table given the way things were going at the time:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/9/1254842/ShowPost.aspx#1254842

1. Birmingham City
2. Sheffield United
3. Crystal Palace
4. Queens Park Rangers
5. Ipswich Town
6. Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Cardiff City
8. Reading
9. Sheffield Wednesday
10. Coventry City
11. Burnley
12. Plymouth Argyle
13. Preston North End
14. Nottingham Forest
15. Bristol City
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Swansea City
18. Norwich City
19. Derby County
20. Watford
21. Blackpool
22. Southampton
23. Barnsley
24. Doncaster Rovers

Can''t remember exactly but think The Man said it would be a miracle if we stayed up right at the start of the season.

It may be worth dusting off the predictions thread that was running on here before the start of the season.

A lot of posters, drunk on the a raft of loan signings, were saying we would be top six. Laughable really.

Just to blow my own trumpet, I also called it right almost exactly a year to the day ago on the 8th May last year sadly on this very forum.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Just to blow my own trumpet, I also called it right almost exactly a year to the day ago on the 8th May last year sadly on this very forum.[/quote]

Even my cracked balls got it right...........years ago![;)]

The irony is that on many occasions in his column, Aiken has bemoaned his terrible predictions and how often he has got it wrong!

how dare mr Aitken dare to try and criticise the club in anyway! expec him to be reduced to typing up the classified ads by the end of the week!

jas :)

[quote user="JJ"]

The irony is that on many occasions in his column, Aiken has bemoaned his terrible predictions and how often he has got it wrong!

[/quote]

Not forgetting the £10 he bet had on City to be promoted after we beat Southampton 2-1 in the first home match of the season before it all went pear-shaped for Grant.

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

Not forgetting the £10 he bet had on City to be promoted after we beat Southampton 2-1 in the first home match of the season before it all went pear-shaped for Grant.

[/quote]

Talking of bets I remember someone on here posting a copy of a bet they''d made during the season staking £1000 for a return of around £3750 if City went down.

At the risk of the inevitable cries of " Judas " - and a mountain of hate/begging messages - will the lucky punter remind us who they were ?