Sign in to follow this  
The Great Wall Of Tettey

is croft even a big loss ?

i really dont understand the hype with lee croft !

he got player of the year, but what did he really contribute ?

he scored something like 5 goals, missed hatfuls of chances.........

and his CROSSING is AWFUL ! he put 1 or 2 good balls in out of about 10.

he runs at players yes, but theres never an end product ?

probably because he was one of our few saleable assets...but he''s going for nowt!

[quote user="nolegs"]probably because he was one of our few saleable assets...but he''s going for nowt!
[/quote]

Exactly, if he were to still be under contract we could have got £750k plus, which would have probably doubled our current transfer budget for the summer.

Next year we want players who want to play for us, will be proud to be part of our club and will fight for 3 points every week.

Croft was offered a contract and had a choice and it was evident from the recent fans forum that he wouldn''t be staying so good luck to him and goodbye.

If Croft was offered a contract but would not agree to it then it is clear he does not have much regard for the club or its fans.

We paid £600, 000 for him. He hasn''t been here that long. He had good wages.

Why should he not then have signed a new contract wih a release clause in it along the lines that he could go to any club offering say £500, 000 as a fee. Maybe even less.

In this way he would have helped the club in finding a replacement by fetching some fee at least. He seems to be in demand.

As it is, I consider Lee Croft to have been poor value for money.

I realise we got Clingan for free, so it is a case of swings and roundabouts, but Croft will likely further his career whilst leaving us relegated and virtually potless.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]If Croft was offered a contract but would not agree to it then it is clear he does not have much regard for the club or its fans. We paid £600, 000 for him. He hasn''t been here that long. He had good wages. Why should he not then have signed a new contract wih a release clause in it along the lines that he could go to any club offering say £500, 000 as a fee. Maybe even less. In this way he would have helped the club in finding a replacement by fetching some fee at least. He seems to be in demand. As it is, I consider Lee Croft to have been poor value for money. I realise we got Clingan for free, so it is a case of swings and roundabouts, but Croft will likely further his career whilst leaving us relegated and virtually potless.[/quote]

Disagree, I think he does have a high regard for the fans, but why would any player stay at a club that so obviously has no ambition and is on a downward spiral? It''s the smart move and I don''t blame Corft one bit, and appreciate the fact that he was one of the few players who appeared to be motivated this season.

I did not suggest that he stays at the club.

Just that he could have enabled us to get some return on him by contracting himself to the club in a way that he could have moved on, but for some fee.

He didn''t sign a new contract as he wanted the option to leave for free to get a big signing on cheque and big wages in lieu of the fact the club he joins pays no transfer fee.

Typical example of a greedy player out for all he can get and no loyalty to NCFC, we don''t want or need this breed as this type of attitude is the reason for our demise.

We want players who want to play for us not want to get paid by us!!

Agreed. The club has been good for Lee Croft. He would not have gone far with Manchester City.

His spell at Norwich has raised his profile to the extent that he will probably have a choice of clubs after his signature, yet he feels no need to treat the club with anything other than the distain of the mercenary.

He was never that good, especially compared with some of the great wingers that have played for the club in the now distant past.

In his case it is a matter of "never mind the quality, feel the width." All effort (motivation?) and little end product.

He is miles away from Premiership quality.

no he''s not, think he has only had 3 assists this season, which says everything. david bell highlighted this as he only played a third of crofts games but had twice the amount of assists....tho i wish he would just sign a contract so we can sell him for a nice price

I think some of the comments about Croft have been a bit harsh.  In the 3 years he''s been here, he''s always got on with the job, never bitched about the managers, the fans or the club (when he would have had every right to), and improved his game and fitness.

He isn''t the greatest player in the world and I''m not fussed either way if he stays or goes, but I''m sure he would have put a damn sight more effort than most of that shower at Charlton.

Fair enough, but he''s a squad player in an average Championship side at most.

He has been a consistent factor in a string of poor teams and results from Worthington through to Gunn. His contribution couldn''t have been that decisive.

He has still manufactured himself a big pay day at the expense of the club.

This is the real beef.

He didn''t sign a new contract as he wanted the option to leave for free to get a big signing on cheque and big wages in lieu of the fact the club he joins pays no transfer fee.

Typical example of a greedy player out for all he can get and no loyalty to NCFC, we don''t want or need this breed as this type of attitude is the reason for our demise.

We want players who want to play for us not want to get paid by us!!

This type of mentality was last witnessed in the 1950s. Footballers, who bleed green and yellow are typically the ones whose only option is Norwich. But that''s football. Norwich should be a club that''s going somewhere, and where footballers feel is best for their careers, and like wasting their time.

I completely agree with CA. If he doesn''t want to be here - and I can''t really blame him to be fair - then good riddance. I think Croft has only shone this season because everyone else has been utter dross so he''s looked good by comparison. He''ll quickly be found out at any other club who already have a right winger

Good Riddance! He is an absolutely awful footballer. Only the blind could have voted for him.Maybe we can actually get a player to play there that has talent, vision and can cross? Instead of a talentless, huff and puff god damn awful excuse for a winger!Huckerby was different gravy to this waste of space! Can we have the Doc to go next please. We may be actually moving forward then!

Bye then. I''m not even gonna say good luck because if he does well it will just make it all the more annoying.

Just wondering...

If he does leave and signs for a bigger/better side and does well for them... will all his critics on here hold their hands up and say they got it wrong about him?

Or will there be plenty of excuses coming out?

To see what Croft was worth to us, you only have to look at our inspid performances without him in the last couple of games.

With him, we had width because he had the tactical discipline to stay wide.  Without him, with Carney and Gow drifting in, we were narrow and predictable.

With him, we had some fight and passion.  His tackling back and work rate got the fans and the rest of the team going.   Without him, most of the team looked as if they''d rather be anywhere else.

With him, we had a man who could go past opponents.  Which in turn meant they double marked him (maybe they didn''t realise that his crosses aren''t that hot) and that led to space elsewhere.   Without him the opposition were in a comfort zone because none of our players even looked a threat.

His crosses were often disappointing.  What do you expect in the Championship?   A player who can show tactical discipline, passion, tackle back, go past fullbacks, and cross, and score?    Messi on a good day, maybe Ronaldo twice a season.   But the knocking of a championship player on the basis that "He can do this, granted, and that, and that, and that, but he can''t do everything therefore he''s crap" is (a) stupid, and (b) goes to the heart of the NCFC malaise.  We just will not accept what we are.   We were a Championship club, with delusions of grandeur, convinced that the way forward was to sign endless loanees of "premiership quality" who couldn''t cut it in the rough and tumble of the chapionship.  But would we go out and sign a good Championship player?  No, because we''re Norwich, we play the Norwich way, we want premiership quality without paying for it.     Now, we''re not even a Championship side.   We''re a league one side.   And yet, there''s people on here slating Crofty, saying he''s only an average Championship player!   Wake up and smell the coffee.   What wouldn''t I give to have had 11 average championship players who made an average championship team who finished in an average championship position.  

I don''t think he''ll stay; if there had been any chance (and he was clearly fond of the club, so there might have been) those true Norwich fans who gave the one player whom we all agree at least tried every match a rough ride at the Open Day and then post abuse on here have made sure of that.