Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Paul Ince would be to Norwich, what Keane is to Ipswich!

Thats IMO!

club need to be bold and this type of appointment is what is now needed unless we want 4-5 years + stuck in League 1.

Now is not the time to Stay with Yellow blood just because of the costs, cut costs else where but not the team and the manager AGAIN.

Doing that brought us to where we are now.

Cheers, all.

(Feel better now I''ve said my bit! Before we all see the board muck it up again!)

He saved Macclesfield from relegation and won a League Two manager of the month. The OP has a good point IMO.  If you look at the number of ex-Utd players that have proven themselves as good managers the number is very impressive. Steve Bruce, Mark Hughes, Steve Coppell and Roy Keane immediately spring to mind !!

Would be good appointment and would raise profile of this club. His success at MK Dons and Macclesfield in a short managerial career shows his ability at this level. Fear there would be the same initial resistance here to his appointment as there was at Ipswich to the appointment of Roy Keane.

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Thats IMO!

club need to be bold and this type of appointment is what is now needed unless we want 4-5 years + stuck in League 1.

Now is not the time to Stay with Yellow blood just because of the costs, cut costs else where but not the team and the manager AGAIN.

Cheers, all.

(Feel better now I''ve said my bit! Before we all see the board muck it up again!)

[/quote]

Paul Ince''s best achievements were in League 2 which might be appropriate for 2010/11 but how about a manager who was sucessful in league 1 (promoted QPR) and Championship (turned Plymouth into a force in the Championship - anyone at Home Park with me 10/11/2007 will vouch for that). Forget the blip at Leicester where Mandaric was pulling the strings and hiring and firing at will, the choice for me would be Ian Holloway.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Thats IMO!

Cheers, all.

[/quote]

Paul Ince''s best achievements were in League 2 which might be appropriate for 2010/11 but how about a manager who was sucessful in league 1 (promoted QPR) and Championship (turned Plymouth into a force in the Championship - anyone at Home Park with me 10/11/2007 will vouch for that). Forget the blip at Leicester where Mandaric was pulling the strings and hiring and firing at will, the choice for me would be Ian Holloway.

[/quote]Think Ian Holloway would also be a good appointment. There is not just one person out there who could do the job and therefore not one " right appointment".

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Thats IMO!

Cheers, all.

[/quote]

[/quote]Think Ian Holloway would also be a good appointment. There is not just one person out there who could do the job and therefore not one " right appointment".[/quote]on the flip side to that....there are plenty of WRONG appointments....and knowing our board we will get one of them [N]

How about Brian McClair?...currently running Man Utd''s youth academy....I notice that he is also a quallified chartered accountant...now that has got to be handy!

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="koimatsuba"]

Thats IMO!

Cheers, all.

[/quote]

[/quote]Think Ian Holloway would also be a good appointment. There is not just one person out there who could do the job and therefore not one " right appointment".[/quote]on the flip side to that....there are plenty of WRONG appointments....and knowing our board we will get one of them [N][/quote]That is unfortunately very true. We can but hope, but through past experience I don''t hold out a lot of hope for them to miss one of the many " wrong ones".

[quote]That is unfortunately very true. We can but hope, but through past

experience I don''t hold out a lot of hope for them to miss one of the

many " wrong ones".[/quote]That''s the trouble though - the wrong ones may have been right somewhere else before - only rarely does a managers'' performance conform to a pattern - for example - Warnock and McCarthy are good at getting top 10 positions in the championship, Roeder always gets teams relegated in the second season - oops....

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]That is unfortunately very true. We can but hope, but through past experience I don''t hold out a lot of hope for them to miss one of the many " wrong ones".[/quote]

That''s the trouble though - the wrong ones may have been right somewhere else before - only rarely does a managers'' performance conform to a pattern - for example - Warnock and McCarthy are good at getting top 10 positions in the championship, Roeder always gets teams relegated in the second season - oops....
[/quote]Yes. Just wish that the board had a target, someone who they had identified as being the one they wanted, without going through the prolonged interview process. That process identified Peter Grant as " standing head and shoulders above the rest". Chase identified who he wanted and picked good ones, he just made mess of other things. Evans has gone for Keane ( which may or may not be a success ), no messing about. Our board give impression of not having a clue and it''s a very good impression.

We don''t want a glorified ''legend'' as a manager. We want a manager who can get us back up asap.

alan pardew is then man to turn norwich around. has had success at every club he has been at although has had bad times aswell.  plenty of contacts in the game and knows how to wheel and deal.

paul ince is not the right option, needs cash to be successfull and his man management techniques strike me as roeder the 2nd.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

alan pardew is then man to turn norwich around. has had success at every club he has been at although has had bad times aswell.  plenty of contacts in the game and knows how to wheel and deal.

paul ince is not the right option, needs cash to be successfull and his man management techniques strike me as roeder the 2nd.

[/quote]Could there possibly be a Roeder the second?. He was surely unique.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]Alan Pardew isn''t a bad choice, I wouldn''t be disappointed if he popped up. Ince, for me, would be a bad choice. Yes, his profile would no doubt have the same effect on us as Keane''s has had at Ipswich, but there was a lot of talk of his archaic training methods, his stubborn and uncompromising attitude and his unfriendly attitude towards fans.Is that what we need to get us promoted? Personally, I don''t think so

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Alan Pardew isn''t a bad choice, I wouldn''t be disappointed if he popped up.

Ince, for me, would be a bad choice. Yes, his profile would no doubt have the same effect on us as Keane''s has had at Ipswich, but there was a lot of talk of his archaic training methods, his stubborn and uncompromising attitude and his unfriendly attitude towards fans.

Is that what we need to get us promoted? Personally, I don''t think so
[/quote]Maybe you are right with regard to Ince being a right man to be here considering our having experienced GR, who I still believe is unique. The whole club does need a lift though and a manager who can do that from the off is badly needed.

[quote user="tribes"]Maybe you are right with regard to Ince being a right man to be here considering our having experienced GR, who I still believe is unique. The whole club does need a lift though and a manager who can do that from the off is badly needed.[/quote]I suppose that''s true. Ince would give the club a lift - perhaps that''s what we need. Someone to give us a bit of fight. Ince would do that.

http://www.blackburncitizen.co.uk/sport/3196514.Ince_brings_more_faces_to_Rovers_backroom_team/Ince will want to bring an army of backroom staff.Mathias is very much old school as well which Blackburn players questioned-when you are in the Prem, you don''t expect a Manager and a Coachg preaching that sort of stuff to you.He is a no go-that and other reasons.Its going to be Gunn.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="tribes"]Maybe you are right with regard to Ince being a right man to be here considering our having experienced GR, who I still believe is unique. The whole club does need a lift though and a manager who can do that from the off is badly needed.[/quote]

I suppose that''s true. Ince would give the club a lift - perhaps that''s what we need. Someone to give us a bit of fight. Ince would do that.
[/quote]As you said though it''s the other bits about him that might not sit well at this moment in time. We can never be sure about some of the things said about mangers'' behaviour at other clubs but often there is some truth there. They can change as Keane must do in some aspects of his behaviour ( for want of a better word ) at Sunderland.

It''s all swings and roundabouts and I for one am not sure who I would really like to be here. Things can''t go on as they are though and feel that something drastic needs to be done and quickly.

i think Ince would be a good appointment for League 1. We need to battle now, and Ince would instill that.Who better to lead us out of the warzone that will be League 1 than a midfield hardman?

Paul Ince has been my choice all along. His only mistake was going to Blackburn . He went there thinking and playing like they were an established footballing team when in fact they just played the conservative per centage game that keeps average teams in the league. Hughes done it and know Sam throwthedice has reintroduced it.

He achieved with limited resources at Macclesfield and then improved an improving squad at MK Dons.

Hated him when he played against us but would have liked him in a yellow shirt.

Was a no nonsense player with an element of skill. Knew when to put his foot through the ball and when to play it.

Obviously was able to relay this to players at Macclesfied and MK Dons.

The bottom line it is always a gamble when appointing a manager but who''s CV  presents the least risk of failure.

Grant, no experience of managing

Roeder, experience of failure.

I certainly cannot not imagine Paul Ince selecting the likes of Fotheringham and Otsemoboor.

He is the best risk for me, but I do not think we can affford him