Sign in to follow this  
Grando

Re: This Tweed bloke = unprofessional

Shouldn''t he be mourning the death of Jade rather than setting up business meetings with fictitious Indian moguls?

I know we''re all annoyed with the board right now and looking for answers, but i''m glad to see no-one''s taken in by this guy. The whole story is just bizarre. Quite what he thinks he could have offered the club is beyond me.

He completely shows his lack of research by saying that CR should be exploiting it''s commercial potential rather than just being a football ground. It''s the fact that the recent commercial development of restaurants/hotels etc. has taken over from investment in the playing squad that has got us intothis mess in the first place!

While I did agree with him that commercial ventures should be exploited to the maximum (ones that have minimum outlay to maximum profits, not the kind that the board has been pursuing), he has the sound of a used car salemen arthur daley about him. Worked with the saracens doing unknown, unknown clubs up north assisting with a dog show and more unknown 120,000 stadiums in america doing unknown things. Anyone worth their salt would be reeling of the biggest successful projects and club names they had done consultancy work for for the free PR, not vague hints. My guess is his work with them was providing building materials as per his company.

I can''t imagine the profit to ground maintenance cost ratios being very good at all on the types of events he was suggesting that could be attracted to carrow road, and the indian investors things sounds very fishy to me....

Oh dear, another 6 Happy Clappy Fools...[:$]

Wouldn''t of hurt for the club to find out exactly what was involved given our wonderful current circumstances would it???

Oh well I am sure many other Pro Board Luvvies such as yourselves are happy that our wonderful board members are claiming they never ever knew anything of this guy?

PS - There is a large thread already about this which seems to of slid off the page nearly (due to Archant''s failure to pin it to the top like many posters asked).

The point was never if Mr Tweed''s had the credentials to introduce us to major investors.  Just the fact that those at the club would not give him 5 mins of their time to discuss the matter.

Oh well, maybe the money is not good enough for NCFC but good enough for Liverpool hey???

The clubs and Archant''s stance on this gets Fishier by the day!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Wouldn''t of hurt for the club to find out exactly what was involved given our wonderful current circumstances would it???

Oh well I am sure many other Pro Board Luvvies such as yourselves are happy that our wonderful board members are claiming they never ever knew anything of this guy?

PS - There is a large thread already about this which seems to of slid off the page nearly (due to Archant''s failure to pin it to the top like many posters asked).

The point was never if Mr Tweed''s had the credentials to introduce us to major investors.  Just the fact that those at the club would not give him 5 mins of their time to discuss the matter.

Oh well, maybe the money is not good enough for NCFC but good enough for Liverpool hey???

[/quote]

Well smudge.......but i guess we have a nice ground, so eveything is ok!!!!!!!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Smudger"]

Well said i meant!!

[/quote]

Well smudge.......but i guess we have a nice ground, so eveything is ok!!!!!!![/quote]

[quote user="Grando"]Shouldn''t he be mourning the death of Jade rather than setting up business meetings with fictitious Indian moguls?[/quote]People mourned the death of Jade?  Well, there''s a thing.  It''s like mourning the death of psoriasis.

[quote user="venta icenorum"]He completely shows his lack of research by saying that CR should be exploiting it''s commercial potential rather than just being a football ground. It''s the fact that the recent commercial development of restaurants/hotels etc. has taken over from investment in the playing squad that has got us intothis mess in the first place![/quote]

and you still have no money for players.

Hang on a minute... so for years we should all have been angry at the club for pushing its commercial, off-field ventures above the importance of the team itself, leading to a large dip in on-field quality... now, it seems, that wasn''t good enough and we should be getting angry at the board for not entertaining a chap who suggests they should have done more off-field activities...It must be very hard to be this bitter all the time, it seems that you can''t even keep track of what you''re angry about!

[quote user="pagirl"]We read all of these comments in the pub last night and it compelled me to join up not that I normally do this. Two of us worked closely with this guy and for one to say his claim to fame is Jade Goody is crap. He was around long before then and does he have enough money for the club? Unless anything changed at least 3 times over. All of the work links we had are indian so that rings true and in terms of the states I think he is talking about FSU''s Stadium and the one in San diego plus his links with USA rugby. He would not invest in our opinion in a football club for its football but we read and listened to the reports and in fairness he has not said he would. Surely if he could get the club to make money outside of footy it helps all round but it seems you are all as negative as the club. What does it matter to us if there are events there in the off season??? as long as it makes money who cares. Instead of rubbishing people talk to him......He is pretty easy to find because until you do you are the same as the club. Try being positive unlike our board and players.[/quote]

just out of in terest was it Qualcomm stadium in San diego he was interested in? because if he has the finances for the NFL then we HAVE to have him here.. no ifs.. no buts...

jas :)

Thats the stadium yes and FSU is NFL as well I think.

And nobody is saying the commercial side right back to the chase days may have hurt the playing side but I think he is trying to point out if you listen that there should be a side outside of football generating cash with a different team of staff and not instead of football. Do you think they can run the finances on a D1 payout............Lets me answer that....Not a chance.

I also just read the dog show post which someone called flaky but he owns a dog food company in Sweden and I know that show happened as did the world agility in pheonix two years ago because I was working for him then. Be a bit more open minded rather than thinking everyone is attacking our not so good footy team.

www.activepetfeeds.com

That renders the dog show and the stadiums true. Any other doubts.

I do not care who it is but do care that the board have no interest in talking. Somebody commented last night that why do they not contact him? I assume Archant have his number or contact details.

Well, facebook if all else fails.

I am not sure anyone needs to contact them or are they really that important.

Going shopping........finished venting now

What are ya?? His bloody mistress??????

He can shove his Indian mates up his arse, them sort of people would have no interest in our club, all they want is more money to wipe their back sides with!!!

[quote user="pagirl"]Thats the stadium yes and FSU is NFL as well I think. [/quote]

Florida state university.. not an NFL stadium....

why dont British Uni''s have stadiums like that though?

And that is why you will not get investment.

I assume that renders my input not needed so I will leave well alone.

Racist.......

Wondered how long it would be before someone played the race card... I think WrightyBoy was, quite rightly, suggesting that an investment group like the one Tweed was offering links to, would not be interested in the good of the club, just their own returns.  Says more about you, pagirl, that you took it as ''racist''......... there''s plenty of reasons to be dubious of Tweed and his links and his PA coming on here trying to convince us otherwise will change few minds.

[quote user="Smudger"]The point was never if Mr Tweed''s had the credentials to introduce us to major investors.  Just the fact that those at the club would not give him 5 mins of their time to discuss the matter.[/quote]Exactly. He offered to meet them - for free - surely the easiest way to see if he is (as I suspect) just full of hot air is to contact him? Instead of saying "he is welcome to get in touch" or words to that effect. If he suddenly decides that, mysteriously, he doesn''t want to meet, or he just comes across as a bit rubbish, then fair enough - but for a club that''s "actively seeking investment", to just sit and wait for people to get in touch seems a bit odd.

Actually having listened t the Tweed interview again just now he mentions the Value of the land at Carrow Road..... i think his intentions are well clear from that alone.. we''d end up like Brighton.

Get a grip dorris.......get off your lefty, unwashed, guardian reading, liberal horse and stop using the race card when someone suggests that a non local person would not be in it for Norwich City itself!!!

The race card expired in the 90''s..........you sad bitch!

Exactly, Jas... the OP has stated he''s pleased that people haven''t been taken in by Tweed, but I''d disagree and suggest that there''s far too many who have jumped on this story, without knowing any of the facts, and are using it as a stick against the board.  I''ve said before, many times, that there''s plenty of reasons to hate our board and demand their removal, so why bother getting all hot under the collar about a non-issue?  We need to focus our efforts, but some seem more concerned with simply arguing for the sake of it....Mind, if he wanted to suggest this sort of NFL activity at Carra, then I for one would support him..... [;)]

I think there are better ways to suggest it than racist comments........I want NCFC to be back as a championship side and I do not believe we can do it without some kind of outside help.

And the facebooker who just sent me this will give you all something to ponder.

The USA link.

Main shareholder along with a steel company in GMO.....Looks like enough money to me. Out for an Indian tonight and maybe tell them wrighty''s view. Brave enough to tell them yourself wrighty????? Go out for the day and see if you can get a girlfriend..May help

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Wondered how long it would be before someone played the race card... I think WrightyBoy was, quite rightly, suggesting that an investment group like the one Tweed was offering links to, would not be interested in the good of the club, just their own returns.  Says more about you, pagirl, that you took it as ''racist''......... there''s plenty of reasons to be dubious of Tweed and his links and his PA coming on here trying to convince us otherwise will change few minds.
[/quote]

Whether Mr Tweeds Investment Group was  right for the Club is largely irrelevant though isn''t it? That''s not what people are upset about. They are upset because the Board wouldn''t even give them the time of day, then have the damn nerve to tell us that ''No one wants to invest in Championship Football Clubs'', or that they are ''Actively seeking Investment'' or whatever drivel they decide to come up with next, when it''s now painfully obvious that they don''t, or diddn''t want investment. It''s the fact that people don''t feel they can trust those in control of our club that has upset people.

As for the point about the use of Carrow Road for other events, i couldn''t agree more, although I''m not sure about Caravan or Dog shows. When was the last time we had a big band play in the City? Bon Jovi on a July summers night anyone?! Carrow Road could be the venue to bring big gigs to Norfolk.

Show me where I posted racist views?? I live in London....im mixed race.....i think i know a bit more about diversity than you....but hey...how could I possibly??? You go and eat at an Indian restaurant.....dam girl....you really are miss diversity 2009!!

And thanks for the relationship advise but im happily married and as you can see by my post count dont come on here that much....where as you have been on for 5 mins and already on a good count...........

[quote user="WrightyBoy"]

What are ya?? His bloody mistress??????

He can shove his Indian mates up his arse, them sort of people would have no interest in our club, all they want is more money to wipe their back sides with!!!

[/quote]

You muppet!! we need the investment or we will be in league 1, full stop! so think before you open ya mouth!

all they want is more money to wipe their back sides with!!!

Your comment.

And I am british indian Mr Wright and both I and my family buy Andrex.

I am more interested about positive comments than from some foul mouthed lout.

Did you just get released after the leicester game?

[quote user="pagirl"]all they want is more money to wipe their back sides with!!![/quote]In fairness I fail to see how that''s racist. It''s not even close.

You know what, pagirl, your behaviour and language has won me over! Yes, bring on your Mr Tweed, give him a call and tell him how you''ve worked your magic! He''d be very proud.... hell, while your there, ask him if he''s got deStefano''s number as well! Jonathan King will be looking forward to his place in the director''s box............