Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Whatever happened to the Paul Mcveigh that scored 15 goals in 02/03 ?

Well I guess the title says it all really, do you remember that striker we used to have that scored 9 goals on the way to Cardiff and 15 the year after ?

Probably not playing up front most of the time either, why hasnt paul been given a chance upfront ? just because he can if neccesary play on the wing ?

Give him a chance upfront I say where he belongs, maybe him and Svensson could be the partnership to keep us going till January.

What happened to him? Well, he got a new long term contract, then...

I hope he hasn''t entered the "twilight comfort zone". He''s too young and too talented for that.

Good question KG, we seem to see eye to eye on this! I think you contributed when i raised this one before while we were still umming and ahhing about the right strike partnership.

I''m amazed that that DD and Old Boy have been so harsh and cynical on the lad. Everyone should know what happened to 15 goal WLY.

He got stuck out on the wing, that''s what!!

The guy arguably has a keener eye for goal than anyone else at the club but because he''s got two feet and can cross  and run with the ball a bit he got stuck out there to make way for big name misfits like Cottee, Libbra, Nielsen (maybe harsh) and the like.

I remember others wheeling out the "too small to be a prem striker" argument when i raised the WLY up front debate earlier in the month. I''ve got four words for that argument:

Defoe, Dickov, Owen, Bellamy

PAUL McVEIGH IS A STRIKER!