Sign in to follow this  
W-H

W-H Award 2009

We’ve had the “player of the Year” and the “Fan of the Year” but it’s now time for the most prestigious award of the season, as voted for by the posters on this site: the “Waddock-Hunt”.

Only NCFC players are eligible for this truly magnificent trophy. The winner must have made a major contribution throughout the season to us having the glorious opportunity of watching League 1 footy next year.

What’s in it for the winner? Well he gets to use the letters W-H after his name. It is very likely that the successful nominee will never put a yellow shirt on again. However, should our paths cross again the City fans can remind him in a sporting selfless way of his valuable contribution to our rise to the third tier (apparently it is 50 years since we have reached such heights) by chanting the name of the award.

Here we go...3-2-1 “Name of the winner...Waddock-Hunt, Waddock-Hunt, Waddock-Hunt...”

I would like to start the nominations by putting forward the master of indecision himself Jon Otsemobor (aka Sky+ because of his ability to pause live games).

Jon has put in an all-round performance by running up the wing, stopping and running back again. Sometimes he even took the ball with him! His telegraphed passes to Croft, his skill at finding opponents from throw-ins really, to my mind, put him head and shoulders above the rest. His most decisive move was on the back of a stretcher in the Derby game.

Endorsed by Neil Adams on Canary Call “He’s quick...and we haven’t anyone else to play there” Jon has consistently displayed his mastery of the art of dilemma.

Any other nominations?

I''d like to nominate Mr. Jamie Cureton for consistently failing to find the net.  At times, watching him, you could have been forgiven for thinking he was auditioning for a sporting spin-off of the Mr. Bean series.  Of course, he did then go to Barnsley and continued to do very little apart from scoring 2 goals in 8 games which apparently relegated us, but if people stop to think about the ten games in which he missed sitters for us, it was his lack of goals which did the job, not a couple he scored for Barnsley (and check their fan message boards to see what people made of him there).  Meanwhile, we loaned Leroy Lita, who scored 7, and looked like a half-decent football team at times.  But then against Barnsley, with Roeder gone, up went the chants of "Jamie is back", and back he certainly was, missing yet more golden chances and generally costing us enough points to ensure we would have stayed in the Championship had he taken maybe 20% of them.  A pub team centre forward, Jamie should never get near the first team again unless Swine Flu takes out everybody including Chris Martin,

Mark Fotheringham.  Awful and occasionally ordinary from the first game of the season to his last, and poor long before the fans finally got to him.  Terrible captain, and should have been ditched by Gunny long before he actually was.

(and I wasn''t a boo-boy in case you wonder)

[quote user="JJ"]

Mark Fotheringham.  Awful and occasionally ordinary from the first game of the season to his last, and poor long before the fans finally got to him.  Terrible captain, and should have been ditched by Gunny long before he actually was.

(and I wasn''t a boo-boy in case you wonder)

[/quote]

I think Fotheringham does deserve a special mention for being completely uninspirational.  Other than clapping his hands a lot in the style of a Southern baptist preacher, his greatest contribution to the season was to go AWOL after being told (allegedly by Crooky) that he was a useless waste of space.  The only time he showed any instinctive movement was when he crawled up Glenn Roeder''s arse and declared everybody to be "fantastic human beings".

oh the choice.......really can''t decide between otsemobor/carney/fotheringham....hmmm otsemobor it is

Hmm  Otsemebor - waddock Hunt - so dozy he wouldnt notice