Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Robert Green on A Question of Sport

[quote user="Ali Dia"]Why in f*ck''s name does that warrant a post!?[/quote]

Because he was one of NCFC''s best ever goalkeepers (certainly in the top 4 or 5), he is a nice bloke and a proper NCFC legend (unlike the toss pots that many applaud now).

[quote user="Ali Dia"]Why in f*ck''s name does that warrant a post!?[/quote]Why does this? (The ambiguity is deliberate before you point it out!)

Paula Radcliffe in on, they might just show that clip of her defecating during the London Marathon as part of the ''what happens next'' round. MOAR!!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Because he was one of NCFC''s best ever goalkeepers (certainly in the top 4 or 5), he is a nice bloke and a proper NCFC legend (unlike the toss pots that many applaud now).

[/quote]Amen to that Smudger![Y]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I can''t believe I''m writing this but... well said Smudger. Greeno is a brilliant goalkeeper, a real gent and gave this club great service. [Y]

I can''t believe he''s not got more England caps.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Sorry your wrong, the best we had IMHO was Kevin Keelan, now he was No 1 some of the saves he made were just eye boggling, (and yes i see him play from the time he got here to the day he left.)

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Sorry your wrong, the best we had IMHO was Kevin Keelan, now he was No 1 some of the saves he made were just eye boggling, (and yes i see him play from the time he got here to the day he left.)

[/quote]He did say one OF the best, which I agree with.  A brilliant goalkeeper, and not too bad with the old sporting knowledge either!

To be fair, to those complaining, have we really got anything better to talk about?

[/quote]

[/quote][^o)] Think about it.....

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, you really in Tenesee??  I passed through Knoxville, Nashville and the wonderful Memphis in September.  Loved it!

[quote user="No Quarter"][quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey, you really in Tenesee??  I passed through Knoxville, Nashville and the wonderful Memphis in September.  Loved it!

[/quote]

Yep in a place called Kingsport about an hour away from Knoxville, as I said in another post its hillbilly country here, I live in a mountain ;)

Now it just come over the tv we are on tornado watch till 12 tomorrow

great keeper, nice bloke but i didn''t like the way in which he left us and, if  you read this months GQ magazine he isn''t to complimentary about the way he left us either. 

Greeno just saved a penalty against Steven Gerrard..... then let in the rebound..

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did I ever say that Greeno was THE BEST? No I said he was one of the best (certainly in the top 4 or 5 City keepers ever).

[quote user="plan b"]great keeper, nice bloke but i didn''t like the way in which he left us and, if  you read this months GQ magazine he isn''t to complimentary about the way he left us either.  [/quote]

WHy should he be too complimentary about the way in which he left us?

If Delia and the others running the club had shown any kind of ambition whatsoever then I am pretty sure that Greeno would still be with us.

Instead we let another fine young keeper in Joe Lewis move for next to nothing and replaced him with that useless twonk Marshall.

[quote]great keeper, nice bloke but i didn''t like the way in which he left us and, if  you read this months GQ magazine he isn''t to complimentary about the way he left us either. [/quote]

WHy should he be too complimentary about the way in which he left us?

If Delia and the others running the club had shown any kind of ambition whatsoever then I am pretty sure that Greeno would still be with us.

Instead we let another fine young keeper in Joe Lewis move for next to nothing and replaced him with that useless twonk Marshall.

[quote user="Smudger"]Did I ever say that Greeno was THE BEST? No I said he was one of the best (certainly in the top 4 or 5 City keepers ever).[/quote]As he is the only City keeper you have probably ever seen, I doubt somehow you are qualified to make a judgement like that!

Then again, differentiating between hearsay, gossip, rumour and facts was never one of your stronger points was it smudge? [;)] 

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Did I ever say that Greeno was THE BEST? No I said he was one of the best (certainly in the top 4 or 5 City keepers ever).[/quote]As he is the only City keeper you have probably ever seen, I doubt somehow you are qualified to make a judgement like that!

Then again, differentiating between hearsay, gossip, rumour and facts was never one of your stronger points was it smudge? [;)] 

[/quote]

It pains me it really does but I have to stick up for Smudger.  Just go back and read what he''s said....

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Did I ever say that Greeno was THE BEST? No I said he was one of the best (certainly in the top 4 or 5 City keepers ever).[/quote]As he is the only City keeper you have probably ever seen, I doubt somehow you are qualified to make a judgement like that!

[/quote]It pains me it really does but I have to stick up for Smudger.  Just go back and read what he''s said....[/quote]I have. Smudger is too young to have seen Ken Oxford, Ken Nethercott, Sandy Kennon, Kevin Keelan and Chris Woods. In fact the only time he probably ever saw Gunny in the flesh was when he attended the recent NCISA fans forum so how is he qualified to assess players from the past?

I''m not disagreeing with his conclusion but simply the way he comes across as all-knowing when all of his knowledge is second-hand.  

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]He used to go out with one of my missus mates and dosed her up with some nasty STDs.Dont know how this is relevent but there you go.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Did I ever say that Greeno was THE BEST? No I said he was one of the best (certainly in the top 4 or 5 City keepers ever).[/quote]As he is the only City keeper you have probably ever seen, I doubt somehow you are qualified to make a judgement like that!

[/quote]It pains me it really does but I have to stick up for Smudger.  Just go back and read what he''s said....[/quote]I have. Smudger is too young to have seen Ken Oxford, Ken Nethercott, Sandy Kennon, Kevin Keelan and Chris Woods. In fact the only time he probably ever saw Gunny in the flesh was when he attended the recent NCISA fans forum so how is he qualified to assess players from the past?

I''m not disagreeing with his conclusion but simply the way he comes across as all-knowing when all of his knowledge is second-hand.  

[/quote]

Now, now Lapp... I know I look fantastic for my age old fella... [:P]

But I saw plenty of games with both Chris Woods and Bryan Gunn in between the sticks for us.

Keviu Keelan a bit before my time unfortunately, but I have seen many clips of him over the years after being told what a great keeper he was by my Dad.

Would you prefer it that I would say he is in the top one City goalkeeper in the past 30 years then Lapp?  Coz he is miles better than Gunny ever was.