Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

What is the MINIMUM we should expect next year?

[quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?

IMO 8th should be a minimum.

Its now over to you [:)]
[/quote]8th what a dick you are!

17000 people having that low level of expectation is what the board wants

I think we should expect promotion whoever is the manager and whoever owns the club.

[quote user="Mr. Norwich City"]

top 2 is a no go!!

play-offs depends on what team we have next season!!

and mid table is the mini minimum!!!

[/quote]

Nothing less than play-offs and the playing of entertaining football and trying to win every game will be acceptable. 

Top 6 all season and finish in top 2 after spending a decent amount on bringing in our own players, not loans, a good manager not Gunny all due respects he''s not up to it. New investment and Delia eating some humble pie and actually apologizing for getting us into this mess! Oh and the removal of Doomcaster!

[quote user="Things are looking up "]Top 6 all season and finish in top 2 after spending a decent amount on bringing in our own players, not loans, a good manager not Gunny all due respects he''s not up to it. New investment and Delia eating some humble pie and actually apologizing for getting us into this mess! Oh and the removal of Doomcaster![/quote]the perfect senario [Y]

Definately in the playoffs, preferably in the top 4. That way, we will have finished comfortably in the play offs, not just managed to get there in the last few weeks by luck etc. The minimum i''d like to see is losing in the play off final.

Obviously a lot will depend on who the manager is and who we sign/get rid of and it''s going to be a long and hard season but...

I think we should aim to win the league.

If you don''t set yourself high targets then what chance have you got? As soon as you start to settle for 2nd best you''re in trouble.

And I don''t want a manager who comes out with the excuses before we''ve even played the game. Eg - they''re a good team, they''ve got a good manager, they''ve got a bit of money etc etc    I want a manager who has that real determination to win and wants us to play our football.

The minimum we should expect is to be in the play-offs, so long as those at the top get the money in that we need (and they pretty-much owe it to us to get it!).   However, whether we''ll be there is another thing entirely - even though it was the one straw to clutch at on relegation, that we should at least expect to be towards the top end of the league next time out. 

But all you have to do is look at the likes of some of the "big" sides who have been there recently to realise that it won''t be easy: Man City, Forest, Sheff Weds and Leeds all found it difficult, and Leeds are still there. Man C managed at the 1st attempt via a (dodgy) play off win, Forest (3rd attempt, after 7th place, play-offs, automatic promotion) and Sheff Wed (2nd attempt, via play-offs after a feeble effort first season).

[quote user="lobster catcher"]

[quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?IMO 8th should be a minimum.Its now over to you [:)][/quote]8th what a dick you are!

17000 people having that low level of expectation is what the board wants

[/quote]Yeah, you''re a board apologist CT, loser, sheep, you love Delia if you''d be overjoyed with 8th [;)]Given previous form of relegated "big" clubs, I would be gutted if we didn''t make the playoff at the least. So gutted I might drop my prawn sandwich onto my guardian extra