Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

What is the MINIMUM we should expect next year?

We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?IMO 8th should be a minimum.Its now over to you [:)]

[quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?IMO 8th should be a minimum.Its now over to you [:)][/quote]I think the minimum we should be looking to achieve is a top six place CT!You can''t moan about the boards lack of ambition, when you only expect 8th in league one!

if things change at the club then i will ONLY Accept us finishing in the top 2...

if things stay as they are then i fear mid table or lower and years pratting about at that level

jas :)

[quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?

IMO 8th should be a minimum.

Its now over to you [:)]
[/quote]

Again, it will depend on the board, if they get new invesment and appoint a good manager then we must look at at least top 6,if the same old tired board remain and Gunn gets the job we''ll be lucky to stay in the league.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?IMO 8th should be a minimum.Its now over to you [:)][/quote]I think the minimum we should be looking to achieve is a top six place CT!You can''t moan about the boards lack of ambition, when you only expect 8th in league one![/quote]Theres a difference as to what i think we''re capable of and what I think we should achieve

[quote user="CT "][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CT "]We all have different ideas about what position we will finish in next year but as a mimimumn- what should we expect?IMO 8th should be a minimum.Its now over to you [:)][/quote]I think the minimum we should be looking to achieve is a top six place CT!You can''t moan about the boards lack of ambition, when you only expect 8th in league one![/quote]Theres a difference as to what i think we''re capable of and what I think we should achieve[/quote]Yes, but this is minimum expectations. You''re basically saying you''d be satisfied if after 46 games in League One, we finish 8th.

I hope the board understands the pressure the manager is going to be under next season. I am EXPECTING to win vitually every home game with the exception of the smattering of bigger teams in the division. I am EXPECTING to win most away games. I don''t want to hear the tripe about how we didn''t win this game or that game because our opposition raised their game to claim a big scalp. I am EXPECTING us to be in the top 6 for most of the season and certainly to finish there. Minimum for me would be the Play Off final.

If we don''t get back up at the first attempt we could be down there for a while. The minimum has to be a promtion push that keeps us in contention until the last day.

• Norwich City Football Club back.
  • A squad, not loans, a team of our own players that know each other inside out and play regularly.
  • A respectable finish - play-offs should be a good aim.
  • Improvements behinds the scenes - changes need to be made.
  • Seeing the club move forwards. I think we''ve seen just about enough of going backwards.
  • Jamie Cureton to at least get into double figures...
  • Integrated 1st team squad with youth players.
  • A team with passion, desire, knowledge and flair.
  • Fortress Carrow Road regaining it''s title again.

I expect promotion also. When we got relegated from the Prem it was crucial that we used our parachute money to bounce back, we didn''t and we have rotted ever since.I fear that if we don''t bounce back this time, we could become stagnant in League One.

8th?! 8th?!! I''m with KiwiNCFC on this and the minimum I expect is losing at Wembley in the Play-off Final.

The board are going to be banging on about consolidation and finding our feet in our new league but ****** to that. A lot of people at this football club have got a lot of making up to do and we''ve got to really go for promotion at the first attempt otherwise it''s just going to get worse and worse.

Right now I think we should expect a top half finish, unless things change for the better between now and the start of next season, I don''t think we should expect much more.

Since our promotion season the only short term target we managed to meet was avoiding releagtion in 2007/8.  We ought to aim for promotion, but  bearing in mind that we''ll probably lose more players than we did after 2004/05, plus the board''s general incompetence... safety 4-5 weeks before the final day.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]We''re 7/1 to win the League already with SkyBet
[/quote]

We were 5/2 to bounce back after we dropped from the Prem....

The minimum we should expect next season is clear, demonstrable progress under a new manager, and new people in the boardroom. This club is in a heck of a mess, and it will take time to turn it around. It took Sheffield Wednesday two years, and Nottingham Forest three, to get back up, and neither did so at all comfortably; meanwhile, a club as big as Leeds could easily be facing their third season at such a miserable level.

Unless we''re taken over, no way on earth are we going to do a Leicester. The reason so many of us want a proper manager appointed is that, while not guaranteeing anything, it will at least give us a chance; leaving Gunn in place will give us none at all. By "clear, demonstrable progress", I mean as a bare minimum a season-long challenge for the top six, and a real sense of a cohesive team emerging under a manager who knows what he''s doing; but it could take two or three years to get back into the Championship, and even then, only if we finally appoint the right man for the job.