Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Nigel Clough needs better scouts

I think you will find that Mr Croft''s "representatives" have been quite busy and Mr Clough is merely "one of the options."

The quote is the first thing that has made me smile since we went down. Maybe he is saying ''Croft puts crosses in'' and after he has attempted a cross  ''then they need some service''

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I think you will find that Mr Croft''s "representatives" have been quite busy and Mr Clough is merely "one of the options."[/quote]

I don''t know about anyone else, but couldn''t care less what Crofty does.

when will a player show some commitment to the club who have paid and played him for X amount of years...i bet crofty doe''s not get SSP when he is crocked!!!

And when Croft goes elsewhere and crosses like Jairzinho all day, we''ll have confirmation that we need better coaching staff.

"Crofty" is a headless chicken who cannot cross.  Let him go and sit in the reserves in the Premiership if he wants, or on the bench in the Championship.  Fat little pig.

I''m going to miss him - many is the cold and frosty night when his exhalations following one his chundering runs have kept me warm in the stands.......

[quote user="Camuldonum"]I think you will find that Mr Croft''s "representatives" have been quite busy and Mr Clough is merely "one of the options."[/quote]Good luck to them, and him.  I''ll be interested to see what kind of wage he can secure for the ability to beat one man, perhaps two men, and then crossing it into the first defender/crowd behind the goal.  He''s basically a white Tony Daley without the electric pace.

Our player of the season voted by the fans. Doesn''t say a lot for the rest of our players does it.

How the hell did he win player of the season?

In my opinion Clingan should have got it without doubt as he was the only grafter in the team.

Croft only won because of THAT goal against Ipswich, apart from  I think hes fairly useless.

Croft, player of the season? Don''t make me laugh!

It just shows how many clueless, deluded souls go to Carrow Road these days!

The Doc was our best player this season by a country mile..

Not Clingan, once the Fulham interest became public he started going through the motions in games... its not a coincidence is it?

and not Croft.. how running aimlessly up and down the touch line, not being able to cross can win you a trophy is anyones guess.

he''s up their with Mark Rivers as one of the worst Right wingers i have ever seen! where''s Steeno when you need him?

jas :)

[quote user="ACE"]"Crofty" is a headless chicken who cannot cross.  Let him go and sit in the reserves in the Premiership if he wants, or on the bench in the Championship.  Fat little pig.[/quote]Couldnt have said it better myself

oh how i will miss the one footed headless chicken, who cannot cross.

How will we replace those runs from wide right, into a left handside cul-de-sac has his lack of left foot becomes blindingly obvious.

Quality comment, i''m still laughing!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Camuldonum"]I think you will find that Mr Croft''s "representatives" have been quite busy and Mr Clough is merely "one of the options."[/quote]

Good luck to them, and him.  I''ll be interested to see what kind of wage he can secure for the ability to beat one man, perhaps two men, and then crossing it into the first defender/crowd behind the goal.  He''s basically a white Tony Daley without the electric pace.
[/quote]

[quote user="astrodyne"]I''m going to miss him - many is the cold and frosty night when his exhalations following one his chundering runs have kept me warm in the stands.......
[/quote]

Same here. He may not have had much end product but he is always willing to take on an opponent and more often than not he would win the battle with his ball dribbling skills. After Hucks left he was just about the only decent dribbler we had left, barring Hoolahan. He won the player of the season award because he is an exciting player to watch in what was a pretty drab season. Without players of his ilk I would give up watching football !! 

[quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Or alternatively it just goes to show how unrepresentative of the rank and file supporters the members of this forum are.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

Or alternatively it just goes to show how unrepresentative of the rank and file supporters the members of this forum are.

[/quote]

True.   I am one of the small minority that never wanted Hucks to leave.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Hairy Canary"][quote user="whoareyou"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

True.   I am one of the small minority that never wanted Hucks to leave.

[/quote].and I am another but that number increased as more began to realise that GR was about to become a complete failure and the "new heroes" were not going to materialise.

I am not an admirer of Croft, apart from the fact he''s got effort and heart. He lacks the most important skill for a winger IMO and that''s being able to cross the ball. We haven''t had a decent winger for years, though some more than decent players have played in that position (Hucks).

Compare Croft to Neil Adams, who could cross the ball, and if you are a sadist, to Ruel Fox. Then you begin to wonder how on earth did Croft get his name on the Barry Butler trophy?

Poor season, yes. Perfect example of where this club is going too.

Ridgeman, yes I agree, it will be interesting to see what happens at Croft''s next club.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am not an admirer of Croft, apart from the fact he''s got effort and heart. He lacks the most important skill for a winger IMO and that''s being able to cross the ball. We haven''t had a decent winger for years, though some more than decent players have played in that position (Hucks). Compare Croft to Neil Adams, who could cross the ball, and if you are a sadist, to Ruel Fox. Then you begin to wonder how on earth did Croft get his name on the Barry Butler trophy? Poor season, yes. Perfect example of where this club is going too. Ridgeman, yes I agree, it will be interesting to see what happens at Croft''s next club.[/quote]

Absolutely agree.  In a poor side Croft was far from the best player, but good luck to him. 

You could certainly never fault Croft for effort but imo effort alone cannot make up for a lack of ability.  One of the main things a winger is meant to do is deliver crosses for the strikers to get onto, and score the odd goal - yet he had just 3 assists in 34 (+7 sub) league appearances.  That is just shocking.  Bell was the absolute opposite - ability and skill but seemingly little effort - in his mere 12 (+7 sub) appearances he managed 7 assists. 

It is interesting how the more effective (if lazy) player was slated and ended up leaving, the ineffective one won player of the season. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am not an admirer of Croft, apart from the fact he''s got effort and heart. He lacks the most important skill for a winger IMO and that''s being able to cross the ball. We haven''t had a decent winger for years, though some more than decent players have played in that position (Hucks). Compare Croft to Neil Adams, who could cross the ball, and if you are a sadist, to Ruel Fox. Then you begin to wonder how on earth did Croft get his name on the Barry Butler trophy? Poor season, yes. Perfect example of where this club is going too. Ridgeman, yes I agree, it will be interesting to see what happens at Croft''s next club.[/quote]

Absolutely agree.  In a poor side Croft was far from the best player, but good luck to him. 

You could certainly never fault Croft for effort but imo effort alone cannot make up for a lack of ability.  One of the main things a winger is meant to do is deliver crosses for the strikers to get onto, and score the odd goal - yet he had just 3 assists in 34 (+7 sub) league appearances.  That is just shocking.  Bell was the absolute opposite - ability and skill but seemingly little effort - in his mere 12 (+7 sub) appearances he managed 7 assists. 

It is interesting how the more effective (if lazy) player was slated and ended up leaving, the ineffective one won player of the season. 

[/quote]

Please name all of those players that were more exciting to watch than Crofty, and that had a better season, because I certainly cannot think of many, if at all.  In fact, the thought of Croft leaving was one of many reasons that I decided not to renew my season-ticket.

What about own goals, Paul? They were more exciting to watch. Surely player of the season is awarded to the player we all think contributed the most to the team as a whole and had more stand out performances than the others. Not necessarily exciting moments, but those which had an impact on the game, saving the game, scoring, running midfield etc.

Admittedly no one shone through the entire season, which is why we finished where we did, in part.

I would have voted "own goals" but decided in the end Doc narrowly beat Clingan to my vote, though NOT ONE player this year consistently performed well enough to be a worthy winner.