Sign in to follow this  
The Chief

Otsemobor for right midfield

Why don''t we try him at right midfield (if he''s still here next season). He can''t defend so if we stick a half decent right back behind him he could do a job. Not many defenders could live with his pace so I think it could work.

He should never wear the shirt again, regardless of position. Seriously, shoot him and use him for dog food. That''s about all he''s good for.

[quote user="The Chief"]Why don''t we try him at right midfield (if he''s still here next season). He can''t defend so if we stick a half decent right back behind him he could do a job. Not many defenders could live with his pace so I think it could work.[/quote]

You are joking aren''t you.....or are you John Otsemebor. Actually you couldn''t be, because if you were you''d have typed the first 70% of your post really fast, then spent ten minutes staring vacantly into space before wandering off to clean the car wondering how you got there.

[quote user="The Chief"]Why don''t we try him at right midfield (if he''s still here next season). He can''t defend so if we stick a half decent right back behind him he could do a job. Not many defenders could live with his pace so I think it could work.[/quote]

jon otsemobor is the most frustrating player i have ever seen in a norwich city shirt. has all the atributes to be a top player like pace, good touch, good physique but for some reason he is just completely usesless. a complete and utter liabillity at the back and offers nothing going forward. he never ever uses his pace and most frustrating of all never tackles or even attempts to!

add to this is complete dis-interest and you can see why i wouldnt give a toss if he was released tommorrow. OTSEMOBOR OUT!

What makes him a bad right back would also curtail his effectiveness as a right back.He''s unwilling to go forward and will hesitate on the ball.  He''s unable or unwilling (not sure which) to adequately man mark a player. He will often drift inside instead of working the wing. And he doesn''t track back.If I were a manager playing against him at right wing, I''d instruct my wingers and full backs to focus on our right to make the most of these problems and overrun our full back.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]What makes him a bad right back would also curtail his effectiveness as a right winger.[/quote]Oops!

yeah, let''s try him in every position until we accept he''s no good wherever you play him.

i''d rather try stuart nelson in right midfield!

the fella has only one talent and that''s for running fast, flicking the ball from heel to other foot and then stopping.

Ots was sheer rot. get rid soon.

I would like to hear from a crewe fan to see what he was like in div 1 playing for them?

Ive have always thought he was a rather average player and that i can forgive, but what i will not forget is his distinct lack of effort in some games especially charlton. He didn''t give a shit last sunday, so i for one hope he never pulls on a city shirt again!

OTBC

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]I would like to hear from a crewe fan to see what he was like in div 1 playing for them?[/quote]I might be wrong but he was their player of the season and won a place in the 1st div team of the season before joining us.

[quote user="pennywise "]

but when he gets forward he''s doesn''t know what to do

crofts ideal replacement then  [:D]

[/quote]It''s funny because it''s true.  Not that I''d miss the Otsemobor "song", so let''s sell him.

Otsemobor is a prime example of bad management, surely a manager can see he has got talent, he needs taking aside a told what to do, it seems he lacks confidence, i for one would defo give him a go on the right.....crist we are in league 1 he could terrorise there defences..... got to be worth a go!

[quote user="Destort"]I would happily never see Jon Otsemobor in a Norwich shirt again.[/quote]I like him....... although he fooking frustrating!

The epitome what is wrong with  this club - he cant do the one job he is employed to do so lets try him in another (Bryan Gunn anyone??)

Cant cross when he gets forward,  cant pass when in the middle. I know thats all croft did;  The question is what are you left with if you take the effort out of crofts play?  Answer is Otsemebor - Waddock Hunt 2009

Otsemobor as a right winger; I can see potential in this but he''ll just get completely lost and absent unless there is loads of space for him to run into. It''s worth a try maybe as a one off late in a game next season. I can see obvious problems in his crossing abilty as a winger as every time he crosses the ball normally its from a standing position. The only reason why he''s been suggested as a winger is because of his pace, but I can''t see him delivering the ball effectively to someones head on the move after beating an opponent.

Otsemobor as a right back; I think he could do us a job at full back for us next season in league 1, and not many clubs are going to risk wanting to take him off us for whatever Norwich want for him money wise anyway. I may be mistaken but someone told me he was named in the league 1 team of the season at Crewe sometime ago. I think he would be a much better player if he was to push up and mark the opponents winger more tightly. Not many can beat him for pace so I can''t see him getting caught out too much as he can just recover. This would also encourage him to get stuck in and tackle more often, but that might be a flaw as he doesnt look to eager to make tackles normally, this has probably been trained out of him so he doesnt sell himself, but I think due to his pace he can easily make it back. This is one of his problems when defending in and around his area he stands off opponents too much and doesn''t get a foot stuck in front of the ball, so getting him to mark more tightly may improve him. Obviously he still needs to keep marking the space and position as before, but he needs to really get stuck in, pressure his opponent and tackle more to improve his confidence and thus his game.

Despite his frustrating lack of work rate and effort, he could be a good player in league 1. At CR he often can''t win with the fans as they shout at him to run everytime he gets the ball and when he does he just runs into dead ends. I am not a big fan of otsemobor to say the least but with the right encouragement he can do us a good job in league 1 next season.

Otsemobor needs to be sold. He''s just not good enough! We at least deserve to get some pennies back from him after spunking wages away on his "services."

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Destort"]I would happily never see Jon Otsemobor in a Norwich shirt again.[/quote]I like him....... although he fooking frustrating![/quote]You LIKE him? Why? What''s he done recently that makes you like him? A right back who can''t defend, or for that matter, play football. He should join some local athletics team, because all he can pretty much do is run, and even then i''m not quite sure he realises he''s doing it.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Destort"]I would happily never see Jon Otsemobor in a Norwich shirt again.[/quote]I like him....... although he fooking frustrating![/quote]You LIKE him? Why? What''s he done recently that makes you like him? A right back who can''t defend, or for that matter, play football. He should join some local athletics team, because all he can pretty much do is run, and even then i''m not quite sure he realises he''s doing it.[/quote]

i know that, but when breaks he is lighting, just a shame he stops. i think if i had him for day, we would sort that out!! lol

If he''s as bad as people say then nobody is going to buy him, so we''re stuck with him. Therefore, as he can''t defend stick him on the wing and see what happens. Lets face it, we''re not going to have loads of other options, are we!