Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

New manager must be in place by June 1st!

So often in the last few seasons we have lost out in the transfer market, because of our refusal to buy players in June.

''No one buys players in June''

''It''s all very quiet''

''Everyone is on holiday''

''No point paying wages when there are no games''

We have all heard them, but I think we know it simply isn''t true. Players are signed in June and often the clubs that buy them end up with the better squads come August.

Therefore, this season we must sign players in June and we must have the squad ready come August.

We must have 25 players to call our own and do us proud.

With that all in mind it''s vital to name our no man by June 1st. Then he needs to bring players in as soon as possible.

I would be stunned if Gunn isn''t named the manager by this weekend but does that make you happy?

I would rather have a different man in place in August than Gunn by June.

The right man should be appointed by June 1st, because whoever comes in faces a huge job recruiting players for the new season.

Even if we appoint an amazing manager he will still have a huge job if he has 16 first team players to work with.

As I have said we must start buying players in June.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]The right man should be appointed by June 1st, because whoever comes in faces a huge job recruiting players for the new season. Even if we appoint an amazing manager he will still have a huge job if he has 16 first team players to work with. As I have said we must start buying players in June.[/quote]

It may take time as ...

1. we need to convince other clubs to buy our players so that we actually have some money to spend

2. we need to convince decent League One players to come to a club with a manager whose record reads:

19 games + 9 players brought in + inheriting a squad out of relegation for 12 months = spineless relegation.

1. Maybe, but it depends on investment and don''t forget about free transfers.

2. Players will have respect for Gunn for what he has done as a player. Norwich are a big club in League one and lower league players will jump at the chance at playing at Carrow Road in front of 24,000 fans.

Most of our player contracts will end July 1st I think so this will probably also limit when they go to new clubs and we can get their wages off the accounts.

Realistically I can only see Gunn being installed before June and so would rather wait.

If notifying supporters of the rebate is waiting until the end of the month, I cannot see anything else being sorted before that.  Has they decided to ask Doomcaster or Mumbles to leave, I would have thought that might have been by now, unless they are waiting to see who else will step up to the firing squad post.  Perhaps they are thrashing out a major investment with somebody that will save the club, their asses and provide money for transfers. But I am awake now..and that one has disappeared with all my other dreams.  [img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/suicide.gif[/img]