Sign in to follow this  
xcityman

one of two

[quote user="xcityman"]Inflated share price when selling is an option, why? to get her money back. Rumor has it that when the share price was questioned during negotiations a new deal was put forward by delia involving control of the catering facilities and it was smashed over the boundary for 6.[/quote]xcityman, a few friendly questions, because I''m a bit Sunday morning baffled by the above paragraph!What rumours? And which negotiations? And what was the new catering deal? How was it different to the status quo? And how was it linked to the share price? Was the idea to raise the share price above £30? And who did the smashing for six? And was the smashing for six good or bad? Who is the bowler in your analogy and who the batsman?

[quote user="xcityman"]. However there is no doubt in my mind that she is a business woman a very shrewd and ruthless business women. [/quote]So in other words she won''t let the club unless she gets her money back.  That is unless they''re British foreigners need not apply.

[quote user="xcityman"]NON FOOTBALL COSTS RISEN £10 MILLION Yeah on catering staff to sustain delias catering empire[/quote]

And this I''m sure is why the Turners had a fall out and departed the NCFC Board. I know I''ve posted it before, but I think that their review of the NCFC operation worked out that the catering might have been bringing in revenue, but it was costing far too much to run, and recommended that it was scaled down. As this would have represented a huge loss of face for Delia the recommendation was knocked back.

I read somewhere that one of the cost-cutting measures that did get pushed through was that the head of catering, Lindsey Greenstead-Benesch, was to be directly employed by Delia and not NCFC.

bowler = board and batsman = a business man who had well documented chat with the board.

The share price was too high, well known. In order to sell it would have to come down but that would mean losing money so to off set this a reworked deal was put forward in which money would be regained over time from catering revenues. This was not agreed on.

The fact is the club is not worth what it once was, Delia came in at a bad time and should be thanked for it as we had many good times with her at the helm but the fact still remains that the club is in and has been in a worse state for sometime and therefore the club is worth less.

Next season must be sorted now. To get out of that league will mean spending money and with the league being less desirable it will mean the deficit will increase. Will she take the Gamble?

Its a big question for Delia, Cut her losses now and sell or gamble on next season with big investment but no assurance that she will be back in the championship.

of course it is all rumor ;-)

what i heard was that she wanted to retain full control of all the catering facilities.

[quote user="xcityman"]of course it is all rumor ;-)

what i heard was that she wanted to retain full control of all the catering facilities.[/quote]xcityman, I understood entirely it was just a rumour. And as far as rumours go I am well able to sort out the wheat from the chaff. It was just in this case it was a particularly opaque rumour.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="LQ"]This thread manages to put Wiki to shame in the "I can post anything and some people will believe it" stakes.

xcityman, you say you have absolutely no proof that Delia ever tried to get on the ITFC board - yet some will read this, log it in a brain cell and regurgitate it as gospel if the subject ever comes up again when there really is absolutely no proof that this ever happened.

Doncaster''s bonus? Where? I get the annual accounts and I''ve never noticed a bonus for him. Do you get a different set to me? I know some managers get a cut of transfer fees and such but not around these parts.

Seriously, offer proof - facts that stand up and maybe you''ll have a point.

Good grief, I don''t enjoy looking like the constant defender of the faith but sometimes it''s just too easy...

[/quote]

This story has been denied by Sheepshanks on the record.  "I am not aware of Delia Smith or her husband ever offering investment to Ipswich Town FC and I can say that I remember everyone who has offered investment to this club.  I have met her socially on several occasions in the area but the question of investment has never been raised by either party."

[/quote]

Perhaps you check on this Cam? I have a colleague who works in Ipswich and is sadly a binner. He is not one prone to wind ups or telling stories, in fact he''s a bit dour. However he is adament that in past years at ITFC open days they point out to visitors the seats that Delia and her Mum used to occupy at Portman Rd as season ticket holders. Any way of finding out if that''s true?

The the One Tilly,  I have had a very long chat with the person''s father,  and he says more or less what has been said except one or two little bits about Ipswitch investment and the worthless/delia triangle.I have a great deal of this log on record, and just waiting for the right time.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]God, at least we had some faith in Gordon Bennett. Oh if only he were here now. The club not in it''s worst state ever. Frankly yes it is. If you can remember pre the 1960s I suppose you could say it''s gone back there, but I doubt somehow you remember that far back. So, if we are not in "the worst state ever" can you give us some reasons for hope, perhaps? A club with a massive support ends up in this state and those in charge in denial, in fact the CE has said we have a bright future! So Tom, list a few things we have to celebrate, right now about NCFC. We may have large crowds, and they have generated large incomes, but what''s the point when it doesn''t go on the team or competent managers - never mind anyone higher up.[/quote]The club now has "a massive support", the club isn''t hours away from going bust, the stadium is nice, we have an academy, the club owns it''s own training ground, the links with the local comunty are fantastic. The main thing that has been wrong is the managerial apointments who have wasted their budgets. It is somewhat ironic that some people think the Board should have given managers even more money (that the club could not afford) to waste on terrible players. we just have to hope that the next manager will do a good job.[/quote]

If the club is so far away from administration as you and they claim Tom, then why is it necessary for them to be begging Season Ticket Holders to let them keep the 20% rebate on Season Tickets that they promised them only a few months ago (prior to relegation)?

I do not believe that we are too far away from administration at all and would encourage all Season Ticket Holders to twist the cooks arm and apply a bit of pressure by claiming their rebate and spending it wisely.

We all know that if you let the cook keep your money then you will not see anything at all for it, so claim your money back and spend it on something enjoyable.

[quote user="Smudger"]begging Season Ticket Holders to let them keep the 20% rebate on Season Tickets.[/quote]I''m not saying you are lying smudger as I''m sure you can prove this..........

If they are not "begging" Lapp then why not just send the refunds out by a specific date unless fans have completed a form saying that they can keep the money?

Oh yes I forgot, Andy Cullen did not teach those trainee marketeers too well after all did he????????????

Oh well I am sure that he will be making good with the MK Dons pretty soon.

[quote user="Smudger"]If they are not "begging" Lapp then why not just send the refunds out by a specific date unless fans have completed a form saying that they can keep the money?[/quote]The taxman is notorious for sending out demands MUCH quicker than refunds, take something back to a shop and ask for your money back and see how they try to fob you off with anything rather than give you back what''s rightfully yours. It''s always gone on in any sort of business for as long as I can remember and yet, the slightest suggestion that NCFC may appeal to their fans to forego their refunds and you use it as another stick to beat them with.

Don''t ever forget, if NCFC hadn''t appealed to their fans in 1957 and those same fans hadn''t responded the way they did, there would have been no NCFC now!

Smudger your company obviously is still not managing to do buiness with the club or you would not be so keen to see administration happen.

For Gods sake think of other people for once.

Before you ask NO they don''t owe me money but I know several companies that would suffer badly.

As much as I want DS gone it is not at the expense of further misery!!

It doesn''t bother me in the slightest... the club are wasting far too much money on deals which have been done with the wrong suppliers.

Just another area that NCFC has failed the local economy in.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="Smudger"]If they are not "begging" Lapp then why not just send the refunds out by a specific date unless fans have completed a form saying that they can keep the money?[/quote]The taxman is notorious for sending out demands MUCH quicker than refunds, take something back to a shop and ask for your money back and see how they try to fob you off with anything rather than give you back what''s rightfully yours. It''s always gone on in any sort of business for as long as I can remember and yet, the slightest suggestion that NCFC may appeal to their fans to forego their refunds and you use it as another stick to beat them with.

Don''t ever forget, if NCFC hadn''t appealed to their fans in 1957 and those same fans hadn''t responded the way they did, there would have been no NCFC now!

[/quote]

It doesn''t make it right though does it Lapp?

They promised Season Ticket Holders a "refund of 20% upon relegation."

Well Relegation was a week ago thus far and the clock is ticking as they are sickeningly hanging on to money they promised back to their customers.

Why are they clinging on to this money?  It certainly isn''t to build a team to win promotion at the first attempt is it???

This has been an interesting thread and I hope it doesn''t get hijacked with the usual anti-NCFC rhetoric. Some good stuff on here to please keep it on-topic.

Cheers, Tim

Smudger wrote :

..........They promised Season Ticket Holders a "refund of 20% upon relegation."

Well Relegation was a week ago thus far and the clock is ticking as they are sickeningly hanging on to money they promised back to their customers.

Why are they clinging on to this money?  It certainly isn''t to build a team to win promotion at the first attempt is it???

Ah, Smudger, don''t you remember that at the NCISA meeting we both attended at Carrow Road a few weeks ago the questions of the '' 20% '' was brought up by someone who wondered, in the event of our relegation, whether the Board would be asking supporters to forego the rebate ? Our esteemed Chairman''s reply was that the '' R '' word was banned at Carrow Road so no contingency plans were in place. 

Therefore, as the full-time whistle blew last Sunday perhaps the Charlton Chairman said to Roger, " So we''ll see you next year then, Rog old bean ". Roger, puzzled, replied, " But you''ve been relegated haven''t you ? " His opposite number smiled weakly. " Oh s*it !! " exclaimed Roger as the awful truth dawned on him.

So you see Smudger it does take a while to sink in.......

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

It`s called being responsible for your actions tom.  As i have said, i have a reasonable sum invested in shares, i make no interest, if i lose the lot i`ll take it on the chin just as i would if i invested in shares in a football club- i certainly wouldn`t expect support and blind loyalty for screwing up something which means so much to so many people.

[/quote]

I will ask again - Delia did not take any interest on the money she had loaned to the club. She later converted her loans to shares. Would you rather the club had paid her interest on her loans and that she had not converted her loans to shares?

[/quote]

No of course i wouldn`t tom and i`d be happy to see her get her money back.  Trouble is with non-player costs having risen by £10m since 2002 leaving next to nothing available to be spent on football (from the 2008 accounts), the club at its lowest level for 50 years and more in debt than its ever been, it`s not going to happen and she needs to accept she`s lost her gamble.

Now, how many clubs of a similar stature are actually worse off than us at this moment in time?  When are you going to address my points about Birmingham and South Yorkshire re. catchment areas on the other thread?  If i`ve got it wrong, why can`t you tell me how?

[/quote]

Population of Barnsley = 222,100
Average attendance = 13,189

Population of Doncaster = 286,866
Average attendance = 11,963

Population of Rotherham = 248,175
Average attendance = 3,421

Population of Sheffield = 513,234
Average attendance of SW = 21,542
Average attendance of SU = 26,023

Population of (Greater) Norwich = 223,200
Average attendance = 24,543

[/quote]

Population of South Yorkshire:  1.26m

Combined average crowds of the areas five clubs:  75,000

Population of Norfolk and N.Suffolk:  1m plus

Average crowd of its only club:  24,000

We are underachieving in terms of support given our catchment area.  Time to grow up and accept it.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

It`s called being responsible for your actions tom.  As i have said, i have a reasonable sum invested in shares, i make no interest, if i lose the lot i`ll take it on the chin just as i would if i invested in shares in a football club- i certainly wouldn`t expect support and blind loyalty for screwing up something which means so much to so many people.

[/quote]

I will ask again - Delia did not take any interest on the money she had loaned to the club. She later converted her loans to shares. Would you rather the club had paid her interest on her loans and that she had not converted her loans to shares?

[/quote]

No of course i wouldn`t tom and i`d be happy to see her get her money back.  Trouble is with non-player costs having risen by £10m since 2002 leaving next to nothing available to be spent on football (from the 2008 accounts), the club at its lowest level for 50 years and more in debt than its ever been, it`s not going to happen and she needs to accept she`s lost her gamble.

Now, how many clubs of a similar stature are actually worse off than us at this moment in time?  When are you going to address my points about Birmingham and South Yorkshire re. catchment areas on the other thread?  If i`ve got it wrong, why can`t you tell me how?

[/quote]

[/quote]

We are underachieving in terms of support given our catchment area.  Time to grow up and accept it.

[/quote]

Bump

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bump

[/quote]

Population of Kent = 1,646,900

Gillingham average attendance = 5,307

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

LOL! And Gillingham Football Club have achieved, er, what exactly throughout their history? How often have they even been in the top two divisions?

Meanwhile, Norwich City have won the League Cup twice, reached three FA Cup semi-finals, won in Munich and played brilliantly in Milan, finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the top flight, where we were almost a fixture for 23 years, and played in the Premier League as recently as four years ago... and you''re trying to compare us with Gillingham?

Do you do stand up as well?

[quote user="thebigfeller"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

LOL! And Gillingham Football Club have achieved, er, what exactly throughout their history? How often have they even been in the top two divisions?

Meanwhile, Norwich City have won the League Cup twice, reached three FA Cup semi-finals, won in Munich and played brilliantly in Milan, finished 3rd, 4th and 5th in the top flight, where we were almost a fixture for 23 years, and played in the Premier League as recently as four years ago... and you''re trying to compare us with Gillingham?

Do you do stand up as well?

[/quote]maybe if they go up, they''d be a clever investment, driving fans from the london clubs and giving them a decent team to support and represent Kent.

ok two of the many points were here say and rumor, so what? Anyone who reads this a takes it for gospel is an idiot. Nothing can be taken for gospel its a open forum on which any tom, dick and harry can contribute. Read what you want, asks questions, investigate things and make your own mind up but please dont suggest that the good users of this forum are idiots.

[quote user="xcityman"]ok two of the many points were here say and rumor, so what? Anyone who reads this a takes it for gospel is an idiot. Nothing can be taken for gospel its a open forum on which any tom, dick and harry can contribute. Read what you want, asks questions, investigate things and make your own mind up.[/quote]Good advice, xcityman, which was why I asked a few questions about that share price/catering deal story you freely admitted was a rumour. A bit of a rarity as rumours here go, though, in that it was an anti-Cullum rumour. You don''t get many of those. Greatly outweighed by the anti-Delia rumours!

[quote user="xcityman"]ok two of the many points were here say and rumor, so what? Anyone who reads this a takes it for gospel is an idiot. Nothing can be taken for gospel its a open forum on which any tom, dick and harry can contribute. Read what you want, asks questions, investigate things and make your own mind up but please dont suggest that the good users of this forum are idiots.[/quote]

Sorry didn''t you say all your information was from a very senior ex-employee?

Why was he spreading rumours?

That''s what''s confusing me Face.One minute it''s info from a source and the next it''s hearsay and conjecture...Then, and only then, you shouldn''t castigate people who either believe it or don''t believe it as being idiots.[8-)]