Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

Why haven't we heard anything?

Does this silence mean that they are still unsure over Gunn? Or are they just making it LOOK like they are thinking it over, before giving him the job?

I have an e-mail ready and waiting to send to Doncaster in the event that Gunn is appointed. It basically says how unhappy I am about it. I typed it out when I thought Gunn had been appointed after the board meeting.

While no announcements are made the football club are just standing still. We need to get a move on and make the changes that Wynn Jones promised. You cannot stress enough the importance of time, and time is what we need in order to re-build this summer.

Get a move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment I think no news is good news.  Would take them at least a couple of weeks to interview candidates so a quick decision can only mean one thing and it ain''t good!

I guess you''re right. I''d like to think that they were actually giving it consideration, but I fear it''s all just a way of getting the fans to think they are thinking, when Gunn already has the job.

[quote user="missing in action"]it means they are at least thinking.
you never know, they might actually give a toss now and try to do things properly.

[/quote]

No MIA, it means they want the ST holders to wave their refunds first...........then, when they''ve got the supporters money, then, and only then, will Gunn and the bloody nightmare team will be announced!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="missing in action"]it means they are at least thinking.you never know, they might actually give a toss now and try to do things properly.[/quote]

No MIA, it means they want the ST holders to wave their refunds first...........then, when they''ve got the supporters money, then, and only then, will Gunn and the bloody nightmare team will be announced!

[/quote]is there going to be a deadline for this?because if they setup a dealine then of course it gives the fan time to decide yes or no. and the dealine could be too late in pre season for the board to wait for before deciding on what they are doing.

As per usual we won''t hear or do anything for ages. They will wait for all the anger to subside before emerging from the trenches. we will then get a couple of cosmetic changes (probably a "football man" appointed to the board) and told everyone has learnt their lessons. They will all go off on holiday for a few weeks, claim nobody makes any signings until at least July, miss out on most of our main targets as Charlton or Southampton hoover them up and we will still be bringing in players 2 days before the season starts!

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]How about they are hanging on until Thursdau Afternoon, just before the NCISA meeting.
[/quote]

Yes, that sounds like our board.

Gunn has also lowered his profile somewhat since the board meeting last week which COULD mean he knows he''s got the job.

There''s no indication the job has been advertised and it would be totally out of character for the Board to do an Ipswich by identifying the person they want and going to get him. (Not that that fills me with confidence either). Their horrible habit of taking the easy and cheap option and the fact they clearly have a soft spot for Gunn having invented any number of jobs for him over the years makes me very nervous.

Knowing this lot the possibility of leaving it a couple of weeks and then announcing that after prolonged and very careful consideration (and maybe interviews - oh yes?) they have decided Gunn is the best man for the job or waiting until season ticket refunds have been waived are very likely scenarios.

I really do hope I''m wrong but I''m not holding my breath!

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Gunn has also lowered his profile somewhat since the board meeting last week which COULD mean he knows he''s got the job.

There''s no indication the job has been advertised and it would be totally out of character for the Board to do an Ipswich by identifying the person they want and going to get him. (Not that that fills me with confidence either). Their horrible habit of taking the easy and cheap option and the fact they clearly have a soft spot for Gunn having invented any number of jobs for him over the years makes me very nervous.

Knowing this lot the possibility of leaving it a couple of weeks and then announcing that after prolonged and very careful consideration (and maybe interviews - oh yes?) they have decided Gunn is the best man for the job or waiting until season ticket refunds have been waived are very likely scenarios.

I really do hope I''m wrong but I''m not holding my breath![/quote]if they try that one, I am sure they will simply get people hackles up even more, people are angry now,  I won''t be waivering anything with this in charge,  I would have once but not now.  I honestly believe that the same lineup will get the job, there isn''t any money to chase anyone else. They will lay all the blame on the players... and in some ways I agree, but like any weeding in the garden, unless you get the root out, it will just keep coming back...

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]How about they are hanging on until Thursdau Afternoon, just before the NCISA meeting.
[/quote]

Surely they are waiting until the dust has settled from that meeting? Perhaps there will be an announcement that Team Gunn will continue with their "good work" next week.

Or, the Board are arguing amongst themselves (which would explain the mixed messages after the last Board meeting).

Either way, it''s very worrying, perhaps the most worrying part of the whole sorry story.   We need a manager in place now.   We could drift for a month, then the new manager (unless it''s Gunn, who know what he''s got, or rather what he hasn''t got, in our players) will have to wait for the players to report for pre season training to look at them,  and to judge them over a few friendlies and the first games of next season, then the opportunity to buy will be gone but, never mind, we''ll get some loanees in, and the whole dire cycle will be repeated.  

I find it hard to trust our board now. I just think they are wanting to come across as if they are giving it hard consideration, but the decision on Gunn has already been made, he will be our manager.

I''m desperately hoping that the delay is because new owners are coming in and they want to pick their own manager, have to have something to cling to. Nothing would surprise me with our board.

[quote user="Beds Canary"]Maybe they''re just still discussing terms with Jim Gannon?
[/quote]

If there is a God...........please.[Y]

Unfortunately everything with Norwich is a bit of a let down. We always expect big things, but when it comes to it, we get dished up any ol sh it i.e. Grant, Roeder, Gunn.

This board will just do whatever is best for themselves.