Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

So who's waiving their season ticket refund?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]The club will write to all season ticket holders shortly.

If ticket holders want the rebate, they will fill in and return a form.
If ticket holders do not want the rebate, they don''t return the form

i.e. the DEFAULT position is that the club keep the rebate - which is taking the piss, quite frankly. You should have to volunteer to RETURN your rebate, not to have to ask for it.[/quote]

If this indeed what happens - agreed. But of course they have scored a heck of an own goal with this one.

I will claim my rebate as things stand - but I will be writing a letter (as other people have mentioned before) saying I will let the club have the money if:

(a) None of the "Team Gunn" management team are on the management/coaching staff next season;

(b) Roger Munby and Neil Doncaster resign from their positions with immediate effect;

(c) The majority shareholders accept full responsibility for the club''s plight, reduce the asking price for their shares and actively seek someone willing to buy those shares.

Or something to that effect anyway. As has been discussed before it''s a good opportunity for dissatisfied supporters to really make their feelings known.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][img]http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/assets/images/dynamicfeed/walshp20090507151836.jpg[/img][/quote]

Men in white coats just out of shot.

Not a cat in hells chance as i refused to renew any way .lol .Pity we didnt all make a stand and voted with our feet .

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

further to this phoned the club up and they confirmed information regarding how the claim the rebate back should be sent out towards the end of next week.

I also enquired, as I have already paid the total cost of renewing my season ticket up front, whether I could cancel it and claim a full refund. The answer was yes, right up until the season kicks off I have the right to a full refund. Apparently I am not the first to have enquired.

Never mind the rebate, unless someone else is in charge of NCFC prior to August I will be spending £366 on something more worthwhile than pots and pans.

[/quote]

Well is it OK for those who pay by Direct Debit to wait too? Strange how you encouraged them to do something you are still not prepared to do yourself. I guess you were just talking your usual old drivel.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/4/1668239/ShowPost.aspx#1668239

[/quote]

Damn! Does that mean we can''t be friends? And I have always found your 25 posts a day so interesting as well.      zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

[/quote]

No, of course it doesn''t mean we can''t be friends. But what it does do is say more about you then my post count could ever say about me.

If i knew it was going towards transfers then I would let them have it but at the end of the day I no longer believe a word that comes out of their mouths and I know knowing our board they will just make the seats in the directors box more comfy or build another restaurant or spend more money on hotel rooms for players when they come. I have given that club enough money as it is and all they do is just waste it so i am not giving them any more of my money to put down the drain

i''m having it, its amazing that we have all renewed let alone this...feels like they are taking the mickey

So our main sponsors, Aviva, get one of their employees to front a Facebook campaign asking season ticket holders to waive their rebates. This is picked up as everyone in the world (apart from me as I have no friends) has a Facebook account. 

Aviva get some good publicity out of it and do the clubs dirty work for them into the bargain. Everyone’s a winner except the poor old supporters who have been subjected to a good old dose of emotional blackmail. 

Looks like it’s an official Aviva thing, there’s the background for the photo and employees wouldn’t be allowed to use the company’s name without permission. I can’t believe that Aviva wouldn’t have been involved in something like this without consulting NCFC. 

It’s just a matter of time until the story is dutifully reported by the local media.  

To be honest, we all knew the waiver request was going to come out some time soon; it was just a matter of when. The Facebook campaign is just a bit of softening up of the supporters so the letters don’t go out cold. 

The whole thing seems very tacky to me.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Sums the club up from top to bottom if you ask me.

They should just send the cheques out and leave it down to the individual to choose whether to cash or not.

If they were not prepared to live up to their offer then they never should of made it in the first place!

[/quote]

Well said. 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Aviva wallpaper in the background of the photo.......nice.

I''m going to donate my rebate to some unfortunate Member of Parliament......Times is hard for them, as we''re in a recession and some of those poor and Honourable servants of the public - are living on the breadline....Bless ''em.

One would understand the reasons that they have to resort to, just to survive in this cruel world.....

[/quote]

Lol!  How many are collecting the loot before they are booted out at the next election?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Chill Smudge, we all heard you.

The plan (according to the mysterious Facebook group set up by - oh - an Aviva employee... hmm....) is this:

The club will write to all season ticket holders shortly.

***If ticket holders want the rebate, they will fill in and return a form.
If ticket holders do not want the rebate, they don''t return the form

i.e. the DEFAULT position is that the club keep the rebate - which is taking the piss, quite frankly. You should have to volunteer to RETURN your rebate, not to have to ask for it.

[/quote]

THAT IS A DISGRACE - IT SHOULD BE AN AUTOMATIC REFUND!

IT JUST SHOWS THE CONTEMPT THIS CLUB HAS FOR ITS FANS.

Local media in club mouthpiece shocker...http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED07%20May%202009%2015%3A04%3A58%3A637Grow a pair of balls, Archant.  Or at least get Richard Balls back. He''d see this for what it is - a sorry attempt for the club to hoard more money they are not entitled to.  Listening to the supporters, eh?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Local media in club mouthpiece shocker...

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/News/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=News&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=news&itemid=NOED07%20May%202009%2015%3A04%3A58%3A637

Grow a pair of balls, Archant.  Or at least get Richard Balls back. He''d see this for what it is - a sorry attempt for the club to hoard more money they are not entitled to.  Listening to the supporters, eh?
[/quote]

Well said. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

further to this phoned the club up and they confirmed information regarding how the claim the rebate back should be sent out towards the end of next week.

I also enquired, as I have already paid the total cost of renewing my season ticket up front, whether I could cancel it and claim a full refund. The answer was yes, right up until the season kicks off I have the right to a full refund. Apparently I am not the first to have enquired.

Never mind the rebate, unless someone else is in charge of NCFC prior to August I will be spending £366 on something more worthwhile than pots and pans.

[/quote]

Well is it OK for those who pay by Direct Debit to wait too? Strange how you encouraged them to do something you are still not prepared to do yourself. I guess you were just talking your usual old drivel.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/4/1668239/ShowPost.aspx#1668239

[/quote]

Yes its fine for those on direct debit to wait. If you cancel your direct debit you are entitled to a full refund less the casual price of games played. So until the first game that means anyone on the direct debit scheme can get a full refund if they want it.

I don''t actually see any other way that the board can do it - it seems pretty reasonable to get people to apply for the refund. I would encourage all those who do apply for the refund to include a letter explaining your reasons for doing so. This is a real opportunity, however small, for the fans to exercise their right to express their views and wield a small amount of power.

I shall definitely be getting my money back. It would take a total clear-out of the boardroom and a real sense of a change of approach before I would consider waiving.

If the board remains the same, Doncaster remains in position and Gunn is re-appointed then I will probably cancel my season ticket altogether. Although, when it comes to the crunch, I might not be able to bring myself to take that step.