Sign in to follow this  
Devils Advocate.

Wouldn't It be good if.....

Wouldn''t it be good if one day we were told the whole truth behind all of the comings and goings and speculations of the last 15 years or so. As much as I enjoyed the books by Iwan Roberts and Bryan Gunn, I would be far more interested in knowing the truth about the running of the club and the reasons behind some of the decisions made instead of all the spin and speculation we have come to know and "love". Is it likely that one day a club insider might break ranks and oblige ?.............probably not.

No chance. The only way this will happen is if one board member falls out with the others and see''s this as a way of getting back at them. Seeing as they are all such close friends, this will never happen.

I''d love to know the full story of Robert Chase''s reign.  Everyone who has worked with him seems to be under a vow of silence and even Gunny gave little away in his book.

I believe that in an un-authorised Biography of Martin O''Neill, some of Chases dealings are discussed. Sadly I do not know the authors name. It seems odd that whereas the Governments dirty deeds are revealed after 30 years, Footballs dirty deeds remain secret and thus open to rumour for ever.