Sign in to follow this  
The Chief

Darlington Players

Does anybody know if Darlington have any decnt players who would be good enough for us in league one. They have made all of their players available on free transfers apart from one. One post suggested Neil Austin (a right back I think) who made the League two team of the year. Got to be better than our current right back.

Im a casual darlo fan as my mum supports them. I have been to see them four times this year - even at Exeter and Wycombe which is where i will be going this year to watch Norwich. From wathcing them, and hearing views from my Darlo mate fans there are 3.

Pawel Abbott - Polish centre forward, knows where the net is but is prone to injury. More than likely though will join up with Dave Penney at Oldham soon.

Franz Burmeier - Lichtinstein international right winger - good at set pieces, can whip i nice cross in. Isnt the quickest but knows the game well.

Neil Austin - consistantly Darlo''s best player, although like Pav is slightly injury prone. Good free-kick taker, gets forward early.

Im struggling to contain that Darlo - the 2nd love of my life may be no more. Im also struggling to come to terms with the fact were being linked with their players - Only once in my lifetime have we and that was Paul ''Do you remember him'' Heckinbottom. Had some great times watchin Darlo and i hope, and im sure you will all agree that they survive.

Curtis Main - he''s 16

Currently on trial at Fulham - and apparently is joining boro for a trial soon. He''s a good player, really little and skinny - but quick and knows where the back of the net is. scored a few handy goals towards the end of the season. Would never of got a chance if we hadn''t gone into administration.

Good thing is cos he''s 16 - darlo will get compensation for him.

[quote user="HookNortonCanary"]

Curtis Main - he''s 16

Currently on trial at Fulham - and apparently is joining boro for a trial soon. He''s a good player, really little and skinny - but quick and knows where the back of the net is. scored a few handy goals towards the end of the season. Would never of got a chance if we hadn''t gone into administration.

Good thing is cos he''s 16 - darlo will get compensation for him.

[/quote]so he is definitely worth a shout then?SCOUTS, ON HIM.

Yeah definately - but in my opinion if he leaves, which is looking more and more likely cos darlo cant find a buyer, then he will go boro. Cant see the lad really wanting to move to london by humself at 16 when he''s a born and bread darlo boy. But then again - the call from a prem club could swing it, i know it would for me.