Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Darren Purse

We were in talks with him at one point this season and supposedly was not far away from signing for us.There were rumours that suggested that he was told that he was not wanted by Cardiff and was told in January that he would be allowed to leave in the summer which meant he signed a pre-contractual agreement with Norwich.However I doubt that was the case and I doubt that we would be able to sign him.Otherwise I would think he would be a great player for us in League 1. I just think that there will be a good handful of clubs in the championship that will now go in for him not to mention any of the promoted teams.

[quote user="Bryan Bryan Gunn "]

spillane at right back providing the pace ?

[/quote]

He''s not particularly quick is he?

Purse would be a good signing (depending on how much dosh he wants etc)

[quote user="Mushroom"]Unfortunately, I fear he will get snapped up by a solid Championship team, he''s still a quality player.[/quote]

I reckon he''d have been a nailed-on certainty to sign for us had we stayed up, but perhaps not now.

Surely we have to give Spillane a try?  A year of experience at the rough end, he has all the attriutes if he has got his attitude right?Doc and Spillane, with a.n.other, plenty good enough for league one.What we should be worrying about is our full backs, we need four of them!

Hes is due to be a norwich player once the manager has been confirmed-pre-cntract was agreed in January-would have signed him then but cardiff wanted a fee and couldnt find cover to replace him at the time.

Would be a brilliant signing for us. Getting a little older but he''ll be rock solid in League one. Bring Lee in as well and that''s two good additions as both ends of the pitch.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]His wages would stop him coming here[/quote]Half a brain would stop him coming here!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="swindoncanary"]His wages would stop him coming here
[/quote]

Half a brain would stop him coming here!
[/quote]

To be fair, it is Darren Purse, so that shouldn''t be an issue...