Sign in to follow this  
Scot-e-dog

Luckiest Bloke Alive..

...that''s got to be me today.I now live in Bristol and don''t get to Norwich much anymore.However, this weekend I was back to visit family and friends.Before returning home, we popped into the City to go to the club shop in the Mall (my nine year old lad wanted to spend some of his pocket money on the new away shirt).I was wearing my San Jose shirt.  We had just come out of the club shop, when a young lad ran up to me and said "Is that a San Jose Earthquakes shirt?"  I simply said "yes" expecting him to say something about how sad he was that Hucks had left the club, etc, etc.  Instead he said "My dad plays for them".I was bloody stunned - this was Hucks minor.  Just to make sure (and while I collected my thoughts) I asked who his dad was, to which I got the very casual reply "oh, Huckerby".  My flabber was well and truly ghasted!  As that moment the man himself strolls around the corner with the rest of the Huckerby clan.  I couldn''t resist a shake of the hand and a quick chat, but I didn''t want to hang around as he was simply out shopping with his family.He noted that he hadn''t seen many San Jose shirts i the UK (and I''m guessing by his reaction, his lad hadn''t seen any).  God kows what Hucks must have thought when he came around the corner to find his son talking to a short, chubby middle aged man, but he was all smiles and the whole family seemed relaxed.  I guess you get used to the attention.What a day!

Jesus, we''ve all lost our sense of humour/fun around here or what?Nice one, I hope you had a good day here in Norwich and it sounds like your encounter was pretty cool.

Nah, the missus already has plans to spend the money if we win the lottery....and it doesn''t involve me having to give up work either.What made it so special is that it wasn''t at some set piece like a book signing or a club open day.  It was a complete surprise (started by Hucks minor himself).

Cheers Mr C.  Has to be said that the City changes every time I come back, and nearly always for the better.  Unlike Bristol the city centre is still the heart of the city and it is well and truly beating.If I could get the type of job I wanted with the security for my family I currently have, I''d return in a flash.

yes you should have asked him if he was going to the ncisa meeting on thursdayhe would if he was the fan he says he is

[quote user="CT "]Lucky bas***d!

I feel so envious. [Y]
[/quote]

he sat down next to me once in greens gym.

If he wasn''t with his family I might have asked a few more questions.It seemed wrong to keep talking with his family standing by (I didn''t even ask for a photo).  I did ask his son what his dad was planning to do and he didn''t know (not surprisingly).

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]

..........I now live in Bristol and don''t get to Norwich much anymore.

[/quote]

After the season we''ve just had there must be many Carrow Road regulars who''d find living in Bristol pretty attractive right now.

Perhaps you really are the luckiest man alive ?

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"] God knows what Hucks must have thought when he came around the corner to find his son talking to a short, chubby middle aged man,

[/quote]

Hucks said "no Bryan, im the one you want to sign.. not the lad"

jas :)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]

..........I now live in Bristol and don''t get to Norwich much anymore.

[/quote]

After the season we''ve just had there must be many Carrow Road regulars who''d find living in Bristol pretty attractive right now.

Perhaps you really are the luckiest man alive ?

[/quote]

Hmmm, I now live in Bristol, and I guess the only ray of light (for me) is that i may be able to attend a few more away matches; Yeovil, Swindon, Bristol Rovers, Exeter as Norwich is just too far to go now.

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"]...that''s got to be me today.

I now live in Bristol and don''t get to Norwich much anymore.

However, this weekend I was back to visit family and friends.

Before returning home, we popped into the City to go to the club shop in the Mall (my nine year old lad wanted to spend some of his pocket money on the new away shirt).

I was wearing my San Jose shirt.  We had just come out of the club shop, when a young lad ran up to me and said "Is that a San Jose Earthquakes shirt?"  I simply said "yes" expecting him to say something about how sad he was that Hucks had left the club, etc, etc.  Instead he said "My dad plays for them".

I was bloody stunned - this was Hucks minor.  Just to make sure (and while I collected my thoughts) I asked who his dad was, to which I got the very casual reply "oh, Huckerby".  My flabber was well and truly ghasted!  As that moment the man himself strolls around the corner with the rest of the Huckerby clan.  I couldn''t resist a shake of the hand and a quick chat, but I didn''t want to hang around as he was simply out shopping with his family.

He noted that he hadn''t seen many San Jose shirts i the UK (and I''m guessing by his reaction, his lad hadn''t seen any).  God kows what Hucks must have thought when he came around the corner to find his son talking to a short, chubby middle aged man, but he was all smiles and the whole family seemed relaxed.  I guess you get used to the attention.

What a day!

[/quote]sounds good [Y] if it were me i couldnt of helped myself but ask him THE QUESTION!!!!!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"] God knows what Hucks must have thought when he came around the corner to find his son talking to a short, chubby middle aged man,

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol thats funny as fack

[quote user="NIN"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Scot-e-dog"] God knows what Hucks must have thought when he came around the corner to find his son talking to a short, chubby middle aged man, [/quote]

[/quote]

lol thats funny as fack

[/quote]Let''s be honest, Hucks minor cares more about the club and is probably a far better footballer at 9 or 10 years old than most of the shower that pulled on the yellow jersey last season.  Sign him up, that''s what I say!