Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Confirmed: Norwich Friendly against Man Utd XI & Wigan Athletic

Hang on a minute...Seeing as pre-season friendlies are (as I have been told on many occassions) worthless in terms of evaluating anything and are only a run-out for "the lads", what is the difference between arranging one against a Man Utd XI which will undoubtably draw in a crowd and say...err...using the pitch for something else that brings the dosh in - a dog show perhaps? Or caravans if that''s your bag?Come on, a bit of consistency wouldn''t go amiss. Either the Club use Carrow Road to bring in extra revenue or they don''t - which do you want? And isn''t it just slightly more palatable (especially to all the "non-core product" masseeve) that it''s football related?

[quote user="LQ"]Hang on a minute...Seeing as pre-season friendlies are (as I have been told on many occassions) worthless in terms of evaluating anything and are only a run-out for "the lads", what is the difference between arranging one against a Man Utd XI which will undoubtably draw in a crowd and say...err...using the pitch for something else that brings the dosh in - a dog show perhaps? Or caravans if that''s your bag?Come on, a bit of consistency wouldn''t go amiss. Either the Club use Carrow Road to bring in extra revenue or they don''t - which do you want? And isn''t it just slightly more palatable (especially to all the "non-core product" masseeve) that it''s football related?

[/quote]We know you are in love with the board but this takes the mickey

Why?Why does it exactly CT? Explain to me please how maximising income by playing a football match against a ''big name'' club is either wrong or different to hosting a caravan show or dog agility thingy would you? As I saw it lots of people were well up for all that last week.It doesn''t matter who goes - just that people do. And they will. So what exactly is the problem?And before you join the Righteous Brothers of Norwich City Brigade and have a pop at anyone who sees a slightly different side of things I suggest you try looking around the obvious. It may open your eyes a little.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Wonder Wiganer - I will probably go to the Wigan game, as it''s likely to be a real genuine team out there and I have no problems watching a friendly against your team, the Man U XI don''t think so, but I suppose it''s easy cash for NCFC from the multiples of sad little gloryhunters.[/quote]

I''m gonna tell the missus I''m off to this game....Then go to the pub instead.[B]

[/quote]

Why don''t you have your one self go to the game and your other self go to the pub? That way you can maintain your integrity and the three of you can get together later and compare notes. [I]

[quote user="LQ"]Why?

Why does it exactly CT? Explain to me please how maximising income by playing a football match against a ''big name'' club is either wrong or different to hosting a caravan show or dog agility thingy would you? As I saw it lots of people were well up for all that last week.

It doesn''t matter who goes - just that people do. And they will. So what exactly is the problem?

And before you join the Righteous Brothers of Norwich City Brigade and have a pop at anyone who sees a slightly different side of things I suggest you try looking around the obvious. It may open your eyes a little.

[/quote]

ManUre X1? "Pugh, Pugh, Barney Mcgrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb"....

It''ll be like organising a gig by ''Earth Wind and Fire'' - and only ''Wind'' turning up....

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Wonder Wiganer - I will probably go to the Wigan game, as it''s likely to be a real genuine team out there and I have no problems watching a friendly against your team, the Man U XI don''t think so, but I suppose it''s easy cash for NCFC from the multiples of sad little gloryhunters.[/quote]

I''m gonna tell the missus I''m off to this game....Then go to the pub instead.[B]

[/quote]

Why don''t you have your one self go to the game and your other self go to the pub? That way you can maintain your integrity and the three of you can get together later and compare notes. [I]

[/quote]

Bugga me!....I can hear voices from afart..... 

So thats what Gunny meant by bringing in some manyoo players to the club ;-)  No doubt he will use it as a potential loan scouting mission

Plenty of paying punters will though.Remember, it''s an ill wind that blows no good![;)]

[quote user="LQ"]Plenty of paying punters will though.

Remember, it''s an ill wind that blows no good!

[;)]

[/quote]

Fans of flatulence - may disagree....