Sign in to follow this  
SitTee

Confirmed: Norwich Friendly against Man Utd XI & Wigan Athletic

Notice how the can''t bring themselves to write the 2009/10 League ONE season will start of August 8th.  Oh dear.  How embarrassing that we now are seen as inferior opposition for someone like Wigan to play in a pre-season friendly.

Do you think it will be a recognisable Man Utd XI though? I remember Arsenal and Chelsea reserve teams coming to play our reserves, and there wasn''t one player I had heard of playing for them.

No way in thw world I will be at either of these. a game against the man U youth team with the stadium packed full of c**ts from Norfolk bedecked in their Man United shirts and then a friendly against tinpot (but well run) team who should be in league 1 where we now find ourselves - talk about rubbing it in!

Along with the other footballing delights at such exotic venues Fakenham Town v Norwich City XI - Friday, July 10 (7.30pm)Dartford FC v Norwich City - Saturday, July 11 (3pm)Scotland Tour - games to be played on July 14, 16 and 18 - opposition to be confirmed.Dereham Town v Norwich City XI - Wednesday, July 22 (7.45pm)Thetford Town v Norwich City XI - Wednesday, July 29 (7.45pm)

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Along with the other footballing delights at such exotic venues

Fakenham Town v Norwich City XI - Friday, July 10 (7.30pm)
Dartford FC v Norwich City - Saturday, July 11 (3pm)
Scotland Tour - games to be played on July 14, 16 and 18 - opposition to be confirmed.
Dereham Town v Norwich City XI - Wednesday, July 22 (7.45pm)
Thetford Town v Norwich City XI - Wednesday, July 29 (7.45pm)[/quote]

Personally I would rather go to these games any day!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]No way in thw world I will be at either of these. a game against the man U youth team with the stadium packed full of c**ts from Norfolk bedecked in their Man United shirts and then a friendly against tinpot (but well run) team who should be in league 1 where we now find ourselves - talk about rubbing it in![/quote]

I agree, neither of these games appeal to me, especially the Man U game which will be full of Norfolk youngsters who are ecstatic about seeing their first and only Man U game.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]No way in thw world I will be at either of these. a game against the man U youth team with the stadium packed full of c**ts from Norfolk bedecked in their Man United shirts and then a friendly against tinpot (but well run) team who should be in league 1 where we now find ourselves - talk about rubbing it in![/quote]

I agree, neither of these games appeal to me, especially the Man U game which will be full of Norfolk youngsters who are ecstatic about seeing their first and only Man U game.

[/quote]

In fact at a time when we must be worried that our relegation to the 3rd tier might see us lose youung fans who will be attracted to premiership clubs I would say arranging a game against Man United where those youngsters can come along and see their "heroes" is particularly idiotic!

Man Ure are away in China, so I presume they will be bringing a bunch of youth team players and cast-offs, to play our bunch of youth team players and cast-offs.

Luckily I''m away on holiday.

I cant wait to see us pummeled by a bunch of kids that no one has ever heard of. Why have we got so many friendlies anyway, the sqaud will be knackered and the injury list will be so long that we''ll have to bring in loads of loans. 10 games in 22 days. At the moment we''re only got about 20 players signed up for next season including the older youth players.

Of the two I might go to the Wigan game. At least I''ve heard of Rodallega and Figueroa, unlike any of the Man U reserves.Possibly a chance to see Sitonyourarski''s return to Carrow Road, who could ever turn that down??? [+o(]

It''s a shame, I''ll be in Japan by then, ah well.Guess I''ll miss out on seeing the likes of....erm, erm, help?

Just to point something else out.

We now have confirmed a tour of Scotland and friendlies against teams managed by Steve Bruce and Alex Ferguson. I wonder what this tells us about who might be our manager!

A Man Utd. X1 against a League One club will include the tea lady.......

Laughable to get excited by such a charade.

I think of it less as a friendly, and more of a target practice for our keeper.If it gets so bad, we can always pretend it was a cricket match.

Why all the moaning about Wigan. At the end of the day they are a Premiership team who are going to play a friendly agianst League 1 opposition. Yes we have humble beginnings but a Chairman who has backed us to the hilt. I was at Wigan when we won League 1, and I hope that Norwich can do the same.

[quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]Why all the moaning about Wigan. At the end of the day they are a Premiership team who are going to play a friendly agianst League 1 opposition. Yes we have humble beginnings but a Chairman who has backed us to the hilt. I was at Wigan when we won League 1, and I hope that Norwich can do the same.[/quote]

Because for many fans you represent the death of football. Cheque-book driven futility.

How many fans do you think you''ll bring?

Wonder Wiganer - I will probably go to the Wigan game, as it''s likely to be a real genuine team out there and I have no problems watching a friendly against your team, the Man U XI don''t think so, but I suppose it''s easy cash for NCFC from the multiples of sad little gloryhunters.

[quote user="jimidack"]It''s a shame, I''ll be in Japan by then, ah well.

Guess I''ll miss out on seeing the likes of....erm, erm, help?
[/quote]

Future stars... and probably technically skilled, well organized opposition.

[quote user="Wonder Wiganer"]Why all the moaning about Wigan. At the end of the day they are a Premiership team who are going to play a friendly agianst League 1 opposition. Yes we have humble beginnings but a Chairman who has backed us to the hilt. I was at Wigan when we won League 1, and I hope that Norwich can do the same.[/quote]

Nothing against Wigan per se mate but its more the symbolism of where we are and what we have become that we are supposed to get excited about a glamour friendly against a team that is IMHO a small club - albeit one punching above its weight at the moment. Fair play Wigan have done well and no doubt you are not excited about a friendly against a league 1 team but don''t expect us to be excited about a game against the mighty Wigan Athletic. Frankly it was embarrassing enough to have to take a loan player off you! It really rubs it in how badly we have been run in comparison.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Wonder Wiganer - I will probably go to the Wigan game, as it''s likely to be a real genuine team out there and I have no problems watching a friendly against your team, the Man U XI don''t think so, but I suppose it''s easy cash for NCFC from the multiples of sad little gloryhunters.[/quote]

I''m gonna tell the missus I''m off to this game....Then go to the pub instead.[B]

[:D][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Wonder Wiganer - I will probably go to the Wigan game, as it''s likely to be a real genuine team out there and I have no problems watching a friendly against your team, the Man U XI don''t think so, but I suppose it''s easy cash for NCFC from the multiples of sad little gloryhunters.[/quote]

I''m gonna tell the missus I''m off to this game....Then go to the pub instead.[B]

[/quote]

I''ve been doing that for the last four seasons.  [:D]

agreed