Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE GRAND COMMITTEE OF LEAGUE ONE CLUBS

The Grand Committee of League One Clubs  notes with concern comments made by supporters of Norwich City PLC following their successful application for membership.

In particular the Grand Committee regards references to "Division Three" as incorrect and out of date and, in view of the fact that Norwich City have been trying for some time to join the league, somewhat disappointing.

The Committee considers such comments as "s*it grounds", "the Ugly League", "Bloody awful football" and "stuck here for bleedin'' years" as unrepresentative of the beautiful game that we are all proud to play and particularly in view of assurances given by the Chairman Mr Smarmby that the Directors viewed membership as a "welcome way forward to restructure all of us." Member clubs are ready to help with such a restructuring process and are even prepared to extend that facility to registered players should they so desire.

The committee wishes to point out that we are proud of the grounds used by teams in our League and that some are particularly welcoming to visiting fans - Millwall and Leeds being but two outstanding examples of the season which has just ended.

Further, our member club Yeovil Town have asked us to point out that they provide particularly welcoming open air facilities in the "Down Memory Lane" section of their ground for visiting clubs where supporters can stand in the rain at no extra charge and listen to the home based trumpeter playing his imitation of an ambulance siren whenever a physio is called to treat an injured player. This is but one example of the many unique delights of the League you should be proud to join and it has been nominated for a Football Heritage Award.  They have also asked us to state that they no longer have a sloping ground.

We can state categorically that you will receive a warm welcome from all member clubs and Colchester United have advised us that their fans have composed a special song for the occasion which they hope will be appreciated at the time as it cleverly makes use of part of that well known football refrain: "We won''t be playing you again."

However, concern has been expressed by member clubs over suggestions that each match will be a "Cup Final" occasion for member clubs playing you and the Committee wish to make it clear that no such special arrangements are being made for Norwich City, Charlton Athletic or Southampton because no such facilities currently available,  particularly on Winter Tuesday evenings. This was made quite clear to Norwich City when their second, and ultimately successful, membership application was approved, Mr Roeder having withdrawn the first at somewhat late notice.

The Defenders Sub Committee have also asked us to state that they consider such comments as "He will rip League One apart"  unhelpful in relation to the current Respect campaign and will be holding further meetings among their membership to formulate a policy to deal with this matter and which they hope to have in place before the start of the season.

As is the normal policy of the League the first six fixtures for the club will be specially designated as "Induction Fixtures", part of the welcome pack which is provided free of charge for all new entrants. Many previous clubs have informed us that they have found these fixtures "helpful" in finding their feet in what is, of course, a new experience in unfamiliar surroundings for many. We are proud to say that our booklet: "Keeping safe in League One" has been commended by the Health and Safety Executive, an achievement of which we are proud, following the earlier success of our booklet: "What are we doing down here?" which won a Gold Award from the Plain English Campaign.

In view of comments made on many internet message boards, the Grand Committee have authorised officials to remind Norwich City of the League One requirement to have in place a "specified person designated as The Manager" and sufficient players registered not less than 28 days before the first scheduled fixture.

To take account of current uncertainties surrounding the club the Grand Committee have authorised all such correspondence to be addressed: "To Whom It May Concern, Norwich City PLC."

We encourage member clubs to contribute to the development of our League whether by maintaining a long term presence or by seeking opportunities in one of two directions available to them, all of which is fully explained in our booklet "The Road Ahead: the choice is YOURS" with a foreword from the Prime Minister the Rt.Hon Gordon Brown who contributes a fascinating comparison between his political career and that of the fortunes of Raith Rovers FC.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]that made me laugh, well done, but i`m finding you have far too much time on your hands cam. ;)[/quote]

Free time, off at 2 am. Part of a wider Private Eye piece which may or may not feature Norwich, depending on what happens.[;)]

I haven''t started on Andy Burnham yet but I will.

[quote user="bloodwagon"]that made me laugh, well done, but i`m finding you have far too much time on your hands cam. ;)[/quote]

Free time, off at 2 am. Part of a wider Private Eye piece which may or may not feature Norwich, depending on what happens.[;)]

I haven''t started on Andy Burnham yet but I will.

Think he referred to 52 years in the trade in a post so surely that makes him about 70 and retired ???

[quote user="cityangel"]

Think he referred to 52 years in the trade in a post so surely that makes him about 70 and retired ???

[/quote]

Now now CA you must respect your elders.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

It actually makes me 68 this year and still working seven days a week and, basically, still enjoying most of it.  Very lucky to have found such a great job.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

It actually makes me 68 this year and still working seven days a week and, basically, still enjoying most of it.  Very lucky to have found such a great job.[;)]

[/quote]

Well if you''re working 7 days a week and posting on here most evenings up until 2am you can''t be having much leisure time which seems a shame at your age.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well if you''re working 7 days a week and posting on here most evenings up until 2am you can''t be having much leisure time which seems a shame at your age.

[/quote]Your stalking of Cam is really quite sad you know.

[quote user="king canary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Your stalking of Cam is really quite sad you know.
[/quote]

Not really when the penny drops and you realise that Cam is an old hack who likes to drink fine scotch into the early hours and then tries to flog his drunken ramblings to none other the the Daily Star.

Tis a fine newspaper is the daily star, a circulation of a few thousand lonely old chav has beens who like to tinker with their own genitals whilst looking at the pretty girls. Whether any ever get as far as Cams drunken ramblings is anybody''s guess?

[quote user="king canary"]Your stalking of Cam is really quite sad you know.[/quote]Thankfully, not as sad as a Colchester fan seemingly obsessed with delivering smug, second-hand, third-rate reportage on a Norwich City fan forum.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="king canary"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Your stalking of Cam is really quite sad you know.
[/quote]

Not really when the penny drops and you realise that Cam is an old hack who likes to drink fine scotch into the early hours and then tries to flog his drunken ramblings to none other the the Daily Star.

Tis a fine newspaper is the daily star, a circulation of a few thousand lonely old chav has beens who like to tinker with their own genitals whilst looking at the pretty girls. Whether any ever get as far as Cams drunken ramblings is anybody''s guess?

[/quote]

Harsh......but fair. 

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Nothing personal but give it a rest CA. I think many of Cam''s posts are interesting and add to the message board.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I love my job and so possibly I don''t worry so much about the leisure time.  The Girl Upstairs (miffed about your relegation but not suicidal) is the late stop till 3 a.m. which releases me to answer your question and which also enables me to get to grips with my programme note commission for Rimsky-Korsakov''s Symphony No 1 in E minor (second version) which I am listening to while writing this. 

The beautiful second movement, marked Andante Tranquillo, was actually written in England.  So it''s a good story, or so I think, and so a very good leisure time pursuit.

Apart from marrying my wife the best decision I have ever taken in life was to be self employed where you dictate your own "leisure time" and how you spend it or so I have found. 

[quote user="Big Dog "]

A. Lot. Of. Time. On. His. Hands.

Sad.

[/quote]

What is a lot of time?  Took me 20 minutes to write.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Nothing personal but give it a rest CA. I think many of Cam''s posts are interesting and add to the message board.
[/quote]

I don''t.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Badger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Nothing personal but give it a rest CA. I think many of Cam''s posts are interesting and add to the message board.
[/quote]

I don''t.

[/quote]

Well it''s a good job it doesn''t matter what we think because he''s still allowed to post on here like the rest of us [:)]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

Well it''s a good job it doesn''t matter what we think because he''s still allowed to post on here like the rest of us [:)]

[/quote]

He''s allowed to post on his own teams forum''s too but don''t choose to, I wonder why????

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

He''s allowed to post on his own teams forum''s too but don''t choose to, I wonder why????

[/quote]

Maybe because ''her upstairs'' is a Norwich fan (supposedly).....and I personally don''t think he''s who or what - he portrays to be.

I just think he''s a bit of a sad chopper....A bit like Mick Dennis.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe because ''her upstairs'' is a Norwich fan (supposedly).....and I personally don''t think he''s who or what - he portrays to be.

[/quote]You wouldn''t be you if you thought he was who he is supposed to be.  Personally I think his back story is too good not to be him.  He''s already come out with a vested interest in supporting Smith - no stories if you get a Cullum in instead.  Where''s the problem - unless he is putting a spanner in the works of your agenda ?  Oops...

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Whatever, he''s a lot more interesting ( & witty) to read than someone who is borderline certifiable.

Very funny stuff Cam, ignore certain other people, the truth hurts them [;)] and if I don''t laugh about it I''ll cry! [:D]Keep em coming!

[quote user="UEA Canary"]Very funny stuff Cam, ignore certain other people, the truth hurts them [;)] and if I don''t laugh about it I''ll cry! [:D]

Keep em coming!
[/quote]

He''s a condescending prick....plain and simple.......

Journalist my arse.......

[quote user="lappinitup"]You seem to have ruffled a few feathers Cam. [Y][/quote]

Such is life.

I started young - told to **** off by the Duke of Edinburgh at the age of 17 for asking him how many fags Princess Margaret smoked a day.  Well, he was opening a cigarette factory.............................[;)]

Quite amusing post, I can see why Colin had his nose put out. You just carry on Cam, don''t let the locals put you off.

He''s a condescending prick....plain and simple.......

Journalist my arse.......

That''s not very good.  Have another go at it.[;)]