Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Why did City fans vote for Croft as Player of The Year when it's pretty sure he's off?

Difficult to get my head round this, he didn''t sign a new contract because he wants to leave so we reward him with the player of the year trophy? Are we stupid or have I missed the point, why vote for someone who doesn''t seem to give a toss for our club, bit like Marshall when he collected the award and left for the Scum!! Why don''t we learn, vote for someone who cares and will be chuffed to bits to receive an award. Bless him, Crofty can not wait for a pay rise at another club.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Difficult to get my head round this, he didn''t sign a new contract because he wants to leave so we reward him with the player of the year trophy? Are we stupid or have I missed the point, why vote for someone who doesn''t seem to give a toss for our club, bit like Marshall when he collected the award and left for the Scum!! Why don''t we learn, vote for someone who cares and will be chuffed to bits to receive an award. Bless him, Crofty can not wait for a pay rise at another club.

[/quote]

Pass.

Why did fans applaud the team after we lost against Reading?  Pass.

I thought it was a "don''t go ..we love you" message - pathetic. Should have gone to Doc.

Mind you "own goals" did well for us this year.

Doc was crap this year, the main stay of the defence which conceded 70 goals in 46 matches!

Send the donkey to the slaughter house!

I agree that the defence was crap but Doc was, until Shackell came back, often fighting a losing battle on hs own. The truth is this is the worst performance for 50 years so the player of the year needed only to be mediocre to shine through!

If Leroy had stayed..........

How can you say Crofty doesn''t care!?!?!? He is one of the few players that has given his all for NCFC every time he has pulled on the shirt.

It is for that reason I voted him my player of the season.

We do not know the contract situ anyway - I imagine the club want him to leave anyway considering we are now a league one club & his wages will be too high. He has given his all for our club, and if his future is elsewhere then fair on him, but I find it appalling how quickly people are to criticise these days.

[quote user="The Chief"]

Doc was crap this year, the main stay of the defence which conceded 70 goals in 46 matches!

Send the donkey to the slaughter house!

[/quote]That''s rather simplistic logic. He wasn''t crap at all but wasn''t helped by constantly-changing partners, appalling displays of full-backery, no protection from midfield and for most of the season, a complete inability from our strikers to hold the ball up so we kept losing it and kept coming under more pressure. And a less than reliable goalkeeper thrown in for good measure.

as if Clingan hasn''t even been mentioned yet, he was a cut above, and comparable to the likes of Danny Murphy, shame he never had a good midfeild partner

[quote user="Sir Fotheringham Waddock-hunt"]

I agree that the defence was crap but Doc was, until Shackell came back, often fighting a losing battle on hs own. The truth is this is the worst performance for 50 years so the player of the year needed only to be mediocre to shine through!

If Leroy had stayed..........

[/quote]

I didn''t vote as I don''t think anybody shone throughout the season but I at least the Doc gives 100% effort and has done so for 5 years, he is the type of player we will need next season!

I didn''t vote either, wonder how many people did vote this year?

[quote user="cityangel"]I didn''t vote either, wonder how many people did vote this year?[/quote]

One Croft![:D]

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

[/quote]

... because people voted for performances from game one to game 46 not because of post season contractual talks?

Just because he wants to leave doesn''t mean he ''doesn''t give a toss for our club''. Compared to the players at Carrow Road now to when he arrived it''s little wonder that he wants to play for someone else who, don''t forget is:

1. in the Championship.

2. has a manager who has overseen more than 1 game before being appointed.

3. has an ambitious and positive Board.

We should have all voted for none of the above. I''d have rather nobody won it than one of those lazy to**ers.

because it''s called the player of the season award, therefore we vote for who we think was the best?also lets be honest, how many players performed consistently enough to deserve it? croft, doherty & clingan. They are all leaving.