Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Sell the Stadium?

[quote] I wuld say that anti-Board expressions are much more understandable at the present time than pro-Board views[/quote]Thoroughly agree - it''s only natural when a club gets relegated.  What worries me is that it will all be a bit "French Revolution" - A head rolls, the crowd cheer and feel vindicated, then it''s business as usual behind closed doors...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Is it any of your or Bucketheads'' business to back up Mr C ? I mean - "giggle" - hardly conducive to a very grown up and rational debate is it ? [:)][/quote]Any backing up by me is because I agree with the post (er), I trust and expect anyone who shares a joint view with another is entitled to back that person up, I certainly was not aware such behaviour isn''t permitted on this messageboard.Giggle was particularly appropriate in this instance because Mr. C. took a fact Tom quoted ( however innacurately) to his ''supposed'' advantage on another thread and reproduced it to discredit Toms argument on this thread. I did the same myself with the catchment area thread when Tom suggested that Norfolk wasn''t in the catchment area for NCFC then suggested that the club relocate to a greenfield site (by definition outside Norwich City Council boundary) ie. a greenfield site in an area falling under the jurisdiction of Norfolk County Council.Can you not see the humour in Tom presenting such paradoxical views on two threads simultaneously?Just for the record I believe it is crassly oversimplifying the abject mess in which we find ourselves to lay the blame at the managers feet with a small extension of culpability extended to the board for appointing these managers.  This is tantamount to a plea bargain scenario with the board pleading guilty to appointing the managers on condition that any more serious charges levied against them are dropped so don''t be surprised if you see me commmenting on this subject when it arises regardless of which posters put which side of the argument forward.

[quote]Giggle was particularly appropriate in this instance because Mr. C.

took a fact Tom quoted ( however innacurately) to his ''supposed''

advantage on another thread and reproduced it to discredit Toms

argument on this thread. I did the same myself with the catchment area

thread when Tom suggested that Norfolk wasn''t in the catchment area for

NCFC then suggested that the club relocate to a greenfield site (by

definition outside Norwich City Council boundary) ie. a greenfield site

in an area falling under the jurisdiction of Norfolk County Council.Can you not see the humour in Tom presenting such paradoxical views on two threads simultaneously?[/quote]You must be a scream at parties.

[quote user="Buckethead"]Just for the record I believe it is crassly oversimplifying the abject mess in which we find ourselves to lay the blame at the managers feet with a small extension of culpability extended to the board for appointing these managers.  This is tantamount to a plea bargain scenario with the board pleading guilty to appointing the managers on condition that any more serious charges levied against them are dropped so don''t be surprised if you see me commmenting on this subject when it arises regardless of which posters put which side of the argument forward. [/quote]Plea bargaining ?  No-one has broken the law here.  When you boil it down, it''s up to the board what they do with the club, they paid for it - you''re entitled to your opinion as we all are, provided you accept that is all it is...  I doubt that any other kind of business would allow this form of intense scrutiny - try it with an american firm and watch the cease and desist orders fly is my guess.

BBB,

Yes the Board own most of the club. However, it is not their plaything and if they conntinue to behave as they are now, it is no surprise that fellings akin to the French Revolution arise (as you have mentioned in a post above). Any business that alienates its customer base will commit suicide and I not convinced that thsi lot a re bright enbough to work this out, or simply dont believe how precarious things really are.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]One of the reasons we fill Carrow Road is because it is a top stadium... a lower-premiership club stadium, with one of the best attendance percentages in British Football. Massive income from tickets and season ticket holders... no... just no...[/quote]

A new stadium could be bigger and better, pay off debts, and provide funds to sign players.

thinking outside the box tom, i''ll give you that... i''ll also pass your name over to the nut house though for your own good! it''s a terrible idea. Carrow road has just had a new stand built and has room to expand.

IF a new owner came in with millions and millions to throw at the club to get us in the prem with star players etc.. then sure... lets go build a new 60,000 seater stadium with comfy massage chairs... but without such a new owner i think thoughts of a new stadium, comfy seats and the prem are a very distant dream... the sort you''d have if you''re in a nut house [;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Chris R - You''ve been to Derby and Stoke''s new stadiums then! Oh and probably Northampton![/quote]Ah Gazza, flat pack stadiums, how I hate thee, let me count the ways. Here''s the list1. Stoke, Stoke and bloody Stoke again. Oh God how bad is this an away day. Impossible to get to without driving. Freezing blasted cold, no pub you can get in and let''s face it you''d probably get glassed anyway. Cheers you little b****ds. One day my taxes will pay for your prison sentence. Last time I went there I ended up walking down the motorway trying to find the centre (that doesn''t exist) to get a train ANYWHERE away from there. 2. Middlesborough. Oh my Lord. Takes forever to get to, have to walk through that ridiculous tunnel to get to the ground and then wonder why you bothered. Half full, no atmosphere and yep it''s bloody freezing there too. 3. City of Manchester Stadium. Pass the Valium. What a ground Main road was. Genuinely intimidating but a real football ground. Close to Manchester centre (ok in Moss side but hey). The new one? Terrible athelics track in an atrocious area. Any noise (and there ain''t much) goes straight up in the air. Takes forever to get back to the comfort of the Sailsbury on Oxford Rd. 4. Derby. If I want a tour of a Mad Max film set then i''ll ask.5. Coventry. This looks like a Tesco''s supermarket.Ah i''ve had enough....... And we would consider joning this list. I''m first in front of the digger. 5.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Giggle was particularly appropriate in this instance because Mr. C. took a fact Tom quoted ( however innacurately) to his ''supposed'' advantage on another thread and reproduced it to discredit Toms argument on this thread. I did the same myself with the catchment area thread when Tom suggested that Norfolk wasn''t in the catchment area for NCFC then suggested that the club relocate to a greenfield site (by definition outside Norwich City Council boundary) ie. a greenfield site in an area falling under the jurisdiction of Norfolk County Council.
Can you not see the humour in Tom presenting such paradoxical views on two threads simultaneously?[/quote]

You must be a scream at parties.
[/quote]

I am.....

Morrisons? don''t think tesco are gonna be interested?we have spent a small fortune on carrow road over the last 20 years whilst the playing staff has been neglected first under chase and now delia. we can''t sell now it would be sickening to see it knocked down.