Sign in to follow this  
tom cavendish

Sell the Stadium?

Yellowbeagle, it was turned down as there was concern re traffic congestion. I live in the area and some weekends it''s total gridlock in the middle of the day. That I think has influenced their thinking. Personally I would welcome Asda Home and Living, anything is better than a large empty shop.

Near the centre of Stratford Upon Avon there is a large Tesco, next to it there is another retail park similar to Riverside, including an Asda Homestore and they are still enlarging the retail park.

The traffic argument annoys me, Norwich is a thriving City.

Cities have traffic, its a sign of life.

Lets stop pretending that all the nasty cars are going to go away.

They are not.

If you want to destroy totally what little is left of NCFC pre-Delia Smith.... go ahead.

More modernist bilge with no regard for history.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

If you want to destroy totally what little is left of NCFC pre-Delia Smith.... go ahead.

[/quote]

Agreed.......... if our muppets of a board had done there maths alittle better we wouldnt be talking like this!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Tom, your reply to Lincs CR. Think about our level of debt before we built the new South Stand and now? The infills, and now. Even a brand new club shop and ticket office. Added on the additional area onto the Barclay. The debt before all this was higher or lower? Again who is going to pay for all of this and most of all. Will the standard of football be any better? Will we pay off the debts? Will we sign better players. The board have improved the ground since they came in. So, are your questions answered?[/quote]

A new stadium could clear the debts because the Carrow Rd land is worth a lot of money and land would be a much cheaper on the outskirts of the city - even free if it is council owned land.

Much of the Jarrold stand and other parts of the stadium such as seats and desso pitch could prob'' be moved to a new site to save money. Get the council to build a  new stadium for the club for free or be a part owner and the club would make a lot of money and have a much better stadium.

I don''t know if this is still the case, but to give you an example of local council funding, NCC used to subsidise the Waterfront to the tune of 500K per year and it is run by the UEA.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

With an attitude like that the club would still be playing at The Nest.

[quote user="tom cavendish"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Tom, your reply to Lincs CR. Think about our level of debt before we built the new South Stand and now? The infills, and now. Even a brand new club shop and ticket office. Added on the additional area onto the Barclay. The debt before all this was higher or lower? Again who is going to pay for all of this and most of all. Will the standard of football be any better? Will we pay off the debts? Will we sign better players. The board have improved the ground since they came in. So, are your questions answered?[/quote]

A new stadium could clear the debts because the Carrow Rd land is worth a lot of money and land would be a much cheaper on the outskirts of the city - even free if it is council owned land.

Much of the Jarrold stand and other parts of the stadium such as seats and desso pitch could prob'' be moved to a new site to save money. Get the council to build a  new stadium for the club for free or be a part owner and the club would make a lot of money and have a much better stadium.

I don''t know if this is still the case, but to give you an example of local council funding, NCC used to subsidise the Waterfront to the tune of 500K per year and it is run by the UEA.

[/quote]Tom Tom Tom what are you upto!

[/quote]You are aware of course Tom (from viewing the boundary map I posted on your other current thread about someything or other) that Norwich City Council wouldn''t be able to do this as the boundary is very finite. You''d be into a different district councils land if you want to build outside the City. Who would want to go, not those from Norwich anyway it''s outside the catchment area Norfolk isn''t it?[:P]

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

Tom seems to use what he needs and ingores every thing else!You are aware of course Tom (from viewing the boundary map I posted on your other current thread about someything or other) that Norwich City Council wouldn''t be able to do this as the boundary is very finite. You''d be into a different district councils land if you want to build outside the City. Who would want to go, not those from Norwich anyway it''s outside the catchment area Norfolk isn''t it?[:P][/quote]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="tom cavendish"]

[/quote]

Tom Tom Tom what are you upto!
[/quote]

He must be on the NCFC board.....It would be explain so, so, much....

I do think he''s actually a poster on a wind-up (and his mate bodger).....Extracting the urine quicker than a gallery of a galvanised milking machines - attached to the peckers of 20 blokes with fit to burst bladders - after they''ve sank 10 pints without taking a leak.... 

I just dont get you lot? What is it about a piece of land? It is not the holy grail and either we change or we die. Dont anyone on here tell me that we get 25,000 because it is at Carrow Road. Rubbish! We support the team not a bloody stadium. It''s not always been the home of the canaries sand it wont always be in the future.

If it is beneficial for the clubs ''new owners'' to move then move ffs. Look at the new purpose built stadiums around the country. In thirty years time, if we move, Our kids will be wondering what all the fuss was about...........just as we wonder about the nest.........

Bloody Ludites....................

[quote user="mtv"]

I just dont get you lot? What is it about a piece of land? It is not the holy grail and either we change or we die. Dont anyone on here tell me that we get 25,000 because it is at Carrow Road. Rubbish! We support the team not a bloody stadium. It''s not always been the home of the canaries sand it wont always be in the future.

If it is beneficial for the clubs ''new owners'' to move then move ffs. Look at the new purpose built stadiums around the country. In thirty years time, if we move, Our kids will be wondering what all the fuss was about...........just as we wonder about the nest.........

Bloody Ludites....................

[/quote]

ohhhhhhhhhhhh chec you out mtv...... bad day at the office?

West_London_Canary - [quote]The location of Carrow Road is ideal, 2 minute walk from the city centre, close to public transport and a good veriety of bars, pubs[/quote]

Just like the good ol'' Norfolk & Norwich hospital use to be.

I remember the tears in the eyes of my grandfather (Who resided on Silver Road and spent most of his time p*ssed) when City moved away from the Nest - he said "Now I gotta walk another half a moile at least bor!"

Thats a good point..the N&N Look at the responce to that moving ''out of the city''. All those people hanging flowers on fence of the old hospital.

In reality in was a bloody dinasour, you could''nt park there is was a bloody ramshackle of a place. You dont hear a word about it now do you? Like I said you either move on or die..................................

We cannot afford a new stadium, we dont need a new stadium, we dont need a bigger stadium, the stadium we have fits the bill, is Premiership quality, and is in a decent location.

Why oh why would we dream of selling the stadium?!

Because nothing is sacred, its just a piece of dirt......to follow the ludite trail, why did we bother to rebuild the south stand?  why the Barclay? why did we move from the nest?

Like I said if it benefits the clubs ''new owners'' to take us forward then GET RID.

Carrow Road is one of the few assets we do own, do you truly think we could feasibly afford to sell Carrow Road, and build a new stadium, and everything which goes with it (transport, environment, safety etc etc etc).

No.

[quote user="Largey"]

We cannot afford a new stadium, we dont need a new stadium, we dont need a bigger stadium, the stadium we have fits the bill, is Premiership quality, and is in a decent location.

[/quote]

Norwich could afford a new stadium if the council provided it, and then the club could use the money from the sale of CR to clear the debts and spend millions on players.

I am sorry, and I regret doing what I have never done on this forum before Tom, and that''s become personal, but

You are nuts.

I have tried to put it in plain English and suggest you take your case to your boss and put it before him. If, like all the rest, it backfires then you will know.

The council, whoever are not going to fund a new stadium. End of.

Out of interest, which councils have offered to buy their local club a brand spanking new stadium? I''m talking withing the last 10 years by the way. I find it very hard believe that the Norwich City Council would even consider forking out 20-30m to fund us a new stadium when we already have a Premiership quality stadium in great condition.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

Norwich could afford a new stadium if the council provided it, and then the club could use the money from the sale of CR to clear the debts and spend millions on players.

[/quote]Tom Norwich Council will not under any circumstances fund a new stadium as (and lets ignore all the other reasons why not for simplicitys sake) there is nowhere in the Norwich City Council boundary to build one.You are confusing Norwich CC with Norfolk CC.Norfolk CC area is outside the catchment area for Norwich City Football club according to Tom Cavendish so there is no chance of Norfolk CC coming up with a plan to bale out Auntie Delia.I am however enjoying the laugh as you and Badger flounder around in ever decreasing circles in support of your employers.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

Out of interest, which councils have offered to buy their local club a brand spanking new stadium? I''m talking withing the last 10 years by the way. I find it very hard believe that the Norwich City Council would even consider forking out 20-30m to fund us a new stadium when we already have a Premiership quality stadium in great condition.

[/quote]I believe Hull had a stadium built by or funded by the Council enabling the club to concentrate on the football side of things.

Norwich could afford a new stadium if the council provided it.

[/quote]And I could afford four new houses and a leisure complex if the council provided it.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I am sorry, and I regret doing what I have never done on this forum before Tom, and that''s become personal, but You are nuts. I have tried to put it in plain English and suggest you take your case to your boss and put it before him. If, like all the rest, it backfires then you will know. The council, whoever are not going to fund a new stadium. End of.[/quote]

Gazza why are you taking the bait from Tom the club employee? I, like Wiz(thought I''d never say that) suspect there are a few red herrings kicking about at the moment on these and other web based forums and in the local press(letters pages etc), coincidence that the NCISA meeting is next week and these people suddenly appear? I think not. 

Take my advice Gazzathegreat and watch tomorrow for the next "pot of gold at the end of the rainbow" thread.

People are trying to unsettle the natives, don''t fall for it.

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

Hull, Dartford, Doncaster etc. Stoke got a lot of financial help from their council. The one at Aberdeen is to cost £40m.

[quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[/quote]

Hull, Dartford, Doncaster etc. Stoke got a lot of financial help from their council. The one at Aberdeen is to cost £40m.

[/quote]

Swansea stadium.

mtv - [quote]Because nothing is sacred, its just a piece of dirt......[/quote]

Yes, you''re correct.Did you know that muslims are given the right to dig up old cemetery''s to bury their dead in some parts of  THIS country? The bones of our forefathers are being removed no less!

The way forward indeed.  [:P]

Norwich City Council is broke, badly, both financially and organisationally. Its the pits of an organisation and if it could build a stadium it would move its own people in to live there

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="tom cavendish"][quote user="Largey"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Tom Norwich Council will not under any circumstances fund a new stadium as (and lets ignore all the other reasons why not for simplicitys sake) there is nowhere in the Norwich City Council boundary to build one.

You are confusing Norwich CC with Norfolk CC.

Norfolk CC area is outside the catchment area for Norwich City Football club according to Tom Cavendish so there is no chance of Norfolk CC coming up with a plan to bale out Auntie Delia.

I am however enjoying the laugh as you and Badger flounder around in ever decreasing circles in support of your employers.
[/quote]

Yup, I do think that the ''Donkster Disciples'' are runnin'' scared.....

It does not have to be the council. Often a developer will take the site in exchange for developing a greenfield site.