Sign in to follow this  
Lincs CR

My emails with Neil Doncaster

By the sounds of it, Gunn looks set to be manager. I was explaining to Neil about the high number of fans wanting Robins or Gannon, or another manager of the sorts who has experience in leagues one and two. Neil asked why Gannon or any other league one/two manager would guarantee success more than Gunn would.

Also I outlined clearly and bluntly the poor attempt at a report on the official site after the emergency board meeting, saying it outlined merely the thing we already knew about. Also I commented on this "whenever there is news we will tell the fans" rubbish we get off him all the time, and that nothing gets told to us for weeks on end so we assume nothing is getting done. Guess what his reply was?

"Where there is something at Norwich City Football Club to tell the fans we will announce it in due course"

The man is a joke and with my conversations with him, things don''t look bright when it comes to the managerial appointment...

What do you expect him to say? "You know what - you sound like a decent bloke. Here''s everything we''ve discussed...."

Really makes us believe Delia''s rant about tooth and nail, I have had 2 emails from him today, the only thing that is clear is he is Delia''s yes man puppet. as Mike Walker once said you can have an oppinion as long as it''s the same as Delia''s

I asked when the next announcement would be as it''s been over a week since all this talk of change and not a single thing has happened or a single piece of news from the club. Still he says whenever there is something to say... and his ignorance of appointing a lower league manager baffles me... he seems to be rooted in the Gunn camp

Do you all really think you are getting replys from the hand of Mr Doncaster? (Apologies to those who may have read this on another thread[:)])

By the sounds of it he is spending all his time speaking to you lot rather then sorting our club out.

[quote user="Lincs CR"]I asked when the next announcement would be as it''s been over a week since all this talk of change and not a single thing has happened or a single piece of news from the club. Still he says whenever there is something to say... and his ignorance of appointing a lower league manager baffles me... he seems to be rooted in the Gunn camp[/quote]With the greatest of respect, I think you''re incredibly naive. Of course he''s going to defend Gunny, and will defend Gunny until the minute they release a statement to the contrary.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Lincs CR"]I asked when the next announcement would be as it''s been over a week since all this talk of change and not a single thing has happened or a single piece of news from the club. Still he says whenever there is something to say... and his ignorance of appointing a lower league manager baffles me... he seems to be rooted in the Gunn camp[/quote]

With the greatest of respect, I think you''re incredibly naive. Of course he''s going to defend Gunny, and will defend Gunny until the minute they release a statement to the contrary.
[/quote]

Now then, its been said a million times, but there is NO room for logical thought on this board.

If you are going to go against the clear ethos of the majority then be gone with you. Lets burn the books whilst were at it.

[quote user="Duffman"]By the sounds of it he is spending all his time speaking to you lot rather then sorting our club out.
[/quote]

In between sneeking the odd post here and there

In the reply i received Mr Doncaster has made it clear imo who the manager is going to be!! We aren''t allowed to post replys from private e-mails and all that jazz but put it like this the fella mentioned didn''t leave Hartlepool for nothing!!!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]In the reply i received Mr Doncaster has made it clear imo who the manager is going to be!! We aren''t allowed to post replys from private e-mails and all that jazz but put it like this the fella mentioned didn''t leave Hartlepool for nothing!!![/quote]

If thats the case, I suggest you take out a significant bet on the indiviudal concerned. If it is that nailed on, I would expect that the bookies will have closed te book. Does anyone have the latest odds?

if neil doesnt agree with you he uses his lawyer training to say you dont have enough evidence. You could equally spin the question and say: why they think Gunn will be as succesfull as Gannon would.

If however on the rare occation he agrees with you he says: I couldnt disagree.

I said that otsemobor didnt seem to care after watching him at sheffield Utd and that his place in the team was secure. He said that he had competition from omossusi!!

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]In the reply i received Mr Doncaster has made it clear imo who the manager is going to be!! We aren''t allowed to post replys from private e-mails and all that jazz but put it like this the fella mentioned didn''t leave Hartlepool for nothing!!![/quote]

If thats the case, I suggest you take out a significant bet on the indiviudal concerned. If it is that nailed on, I would expect that the bookies will have closed te book. Does anyone have the latest odds?

[/quote] There are no odds because nobody has said we are looking for a manager .

Loan City,

I appreciate that, but then no one has said we are looking for a new prime minister, yet there are odds on Gordon Brown being replaced before the next election. I would expect that there is a market in local bookmaking offices. Does anyone know if this is the case or not?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]In the reply i received Mr Doncaster has made it clear imo who the manager is going to be!! We aren''t allowed to post replys from private e-mails and all that jazz but put it like this the fella mentioned didn''t leave Hartlepool for nothing!!![/quote]Who left Hartlepool? Paul Stephenson? [:S]

Obviously the doomy one thinks having nearly half a season to take a club not in the bottom three to relegation is being successful. Does anyone really think this board gives a flying fack about what the fans actually feel? Once the STs have been renewed they feel it''s fine to pi$$ all over the fans yet again.

Dont waive the rebate on STs

Boycott all club merchandise

Boycott all the club''s catering.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="PhatCanary"]In the reply i received Mr Doncaster has made it clear imo who the manager is going to be!! We aren''t allowed to post replys from private e-mails and all that jazz but put it like this the fella mentioned didn''t leave Hartlepool for nothing!!![/quote]
Who left Hartlepool? Paul Stephenson? [:S]
[/quote]

I think he means Butterworth

Buzz,

Thanks for that info. I must say I am surprised as I thought there would be a local market for this in the Norfolk are

[quote user="Lincs CR"]By the sounds of it, Gunn looks set to be manager. I was explaining to Neil about the high number of fans wanting Robins or Gannon, or another manager of the sorts who has experience in leagues one and two. Neil asked why Gannon or any other league one/two manager would guarantee success more than Gunn would.

Also I outlined clearly and bluntly the poor attempt at a report on the official site after the emergency board meeting, saying it outlined merely the thing we already knew about. Also I commented on this "whenever there is news we will tell the fans" rubbish we get off him all the time, and that nothing gets told to us for weeks on end so we assume nothing is getting done. Guess what his reply was?

"Where there is something at Norwich City Football Club to tell the fans we will announce it in due course"

The man is a joke and with my conversations with him, things don''t look bright when it comes to the managerial appointment...[/quote]At least he has the balls to speak to the fans.How many other chief execs would spend all their time speaking with fans?Only at Norwich would chairman, chief exec and manager all face the fans in a forum the day after relegation.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

Obviously the doomy one thinks having nearly half a season to take a club not in the bottom three to relegation is being successful. Does anyone really think this board gives a flying fack about what the fans actually feel? Once the STs have been renewed they feel it''s fine to pi$$ all over the fans yet again.

[/quote]Let''s not bring Geoffrey Boycott into this please.

[quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

That''s us sorted then Crafty.

Now what are you gonna do?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="crafty canary"]

[/quote]

That''s us sorted then Crafty.

Now what are you gonna do?

[/quote]

Tell you what Nutty.  If Doncaster has finally sunk Norwich where the **** does that leave Cureton?

On behalf of Colchester we hope you stick with him  He''d have not got the Golden Boot this end were it not for Iwelumo (the greatest winger for the hapless U''s I have seen in half a century) and way, way beyond your Mr Hucks.[:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Tell you what Nutty.  If Doncaster has finally sunk Norwich where the **** does that leave Cureton?

On behalf of Colchester we hope you stick with him  He''d have not got the Golden Boot this end were it not for Iwelumo (the greatest winger for the hapless U''s I have seen in half a century) and way, way beyond your Mr Hucks.[:D]

[/quote]

It''s unbelievable that Cureton has still another year to go on his contract. I heard that the fee to Colchester was in the region of £800,00 and 3 years for a near on 32 year old forward. We used to make Iwan prove his worth to get a contract half that length at that age.

What was it Worthy said about not buying strikers for £100,000 because they wouldn''t be good enough to take the club forward? I wonder what he''d have made of paying all that for Cureton.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

It''s unbelievable that Cureton has still another year to go on his contract. I heard that the fee to Colchester was in the region of £800,00 and 3 years for a near on 32 year old forward. We used to make Iwan prove his worth to get a contract half that length at that age.

What was it Worthy said about not buying strikers for £100,000 because they wouldn''t be good enough to take the club forward? I wonder what he''d have made of paying all that for Cureton.

[/quote]

I wouldn''t ask anyone to look at the Colchester videos of "that" season but if anyone did they might notice the provider.

I said some years ago that Iwelumo might one day play in the Premier League and lot''s of people fell about laughing.  My point is not yet proven but he played a key part in getting them there as he did (briefly) with Colchester.