Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Further stadium developments?

does anyone know if the club have any plans to increase the capacity of carrow road,in addition to the new corner stand?a lot of fans have effectively been disenfranchised since our promotion to the premier league,due to our too small stadium.and before someone says: you should have bought a season ticket,i would remind them that not everyone can afford one.

Hi welcome to the board. I believe they have permission to build another tier on the city stand if we consolidate in the premiership for a few more years. 

I can''t see them doing anything drastic in the near future due to the overall cost.  Personally I would love them to spend some money on the squad before more improvements go into the ground. 

Its an impossible question to keep fans happy with -is there ever be a right time to redevelop the stadium?

If the stadium is redeveloped more fans will be able to see the games and it increases income for the club.
However it will affect the transfer budget making premier footie less likely and the demand for tickets drops.

Invest in players and stay in the prem means more people will miss out on the carrow road experience.

Currently I beleive the focus should be on squad strengthening, although now the Jarrold/River end corner is being built it should be finished I guess!

OTBC

I personally back stadium expansion before squad strengthening, buying a player for 1.2 mil and he might get injured, be off-form, fall out with the manager, etc etc. The ground will always be there, always (unless someone sets it on fire... again )

Then again that''s mostly because I am happy with the current squad and for the first time in my history of football I''m not upset with anyone of the players.

Currently the Jarrold/ N+P Corner are being developed with capacity as to close to 26,000 when completed. The next phase that is possible is a 2nd tier on the GW City Stand but the demand must obviously merit this and premiership survival and consistency. To do this the club must buy or be allowed to own the road behind the City Stand in which to do this. If they do then after planning permission which will hopefully be granted, a 2nd tier could be added but would push into the road a bit behind it. The stand would be made cantilever. All stands would be the same height and two tiered.Capacity approx 30,000. Next and there would have to be huge demand is for the Jarrold Stand to be redeveloped and after hopeful sucess of planning permission a 2nd tier would be added and capacity at around 34-35,000. The Jarrold Stand would be the odd one at being the tallest and the other 3 the same size. Between the Jarrold and Barclay corner will be an hotel for which the club are in negotiations with companies to be allowed the hotel. The club would give the land away for free and gain a certain agreed % of profits is the hotel was a success. If not then it doesn''t matter cos the club isn''t investing money and doesn''t lose anything. In reality it''s a no lose situation. They don''t really want to add seats between the J+B corner because very few could be used if any and would serve mainly as segregation seats.

[quote]I shouldnt Imagine it will be too hard to get a ticket next season.[/quote]

Wouldn''t be so sure KG.  Even if we''re in the First Divsion I''d expect it to be a sell out most weeks. 

Think we need to stay in the Prem for a few more years before we look to expanding the stadium further

[quote]All we need is a big screen inbetween the Barclay and the South Stand and a bigger snakepit[/quote]

A Big screen I think would look great for Carrow Road and many other teams have them and I believe we should have them. It would give the ground a nicer look with technology blended into it.

[quote]Currently the Jarrold/ N+P Corner are being developed with capacity as to close to 26,000 when completed. The next phase that is possible is a 2nd tier on the GW City Stand but the demand must obvious...[/quote]

I believe we already have planning permission for the second tier on the South Stand - as the foundations we''re dug deep enough for such a future structure.

The reason it wasn''t done is due to money - I think the second tier is planned to add another 4000 seats.