Sign in to follow this  
Wembley_Canary

City confirm 18,248 season tickets for 09/10

Since Norwich City''s relegation to League 1 was made official 117 people have cancelled their season ticket, while 385 more people have renewed or brought new season tickets.Very loyal as always.

I know is disgusting that 18,248 fans choose to support their team in the third tier of English football, they should all just stay at home and wait for admin to kick in!

I haven''t renewed. I can''t fund complete incompetence at board level. I will still support the team, and will attend a few matches here and there when possible, but I refuse pay so much into something that I now disagree with so much. The club has slipped from the Premiership into League 1 in a very short period of time. Very little money has been reinvested into the squad, and large sums of money have been wasted on consecutive farcical managerial appointments. The board has completely failed the fans, and I cannot continue to invest in that.

This is all about suporting your club through thick and thin. I was always going to renew mine. If no one signed up then we would not have a club. Most of us are pissed off with recent events but not supporting the club is not the way forward in my view

Don''t get me wrong, I support the team wholeheartedly but I can''t invest in the current makeup of the board bearing in mind recent events.

As many people have stated, they aren''t renewing for the board, they are supporting the team. I can''t quite grasp the idea of Norwich going into admin, seeing as we are a club out in the middle of no where in the 3rd tier of English football. How is that an attractive proposition if all the fans stay away. having 18,000+ fans who will show up week in, week out makes us a good club to join for any signings IMO. So why does every person who claims to love the club think that deserting them is the best form of action? I can''t see it myself, Norwich is bigger than the ''cook'' and the rest of the board and has for many years had a good reputation for the fans, so why are these ''want away'' fans letting the board influence them so much? Seems to me, 18,000 shouting board out and booing is actually more effective to be perfectly honest. So even though I''m buggering off to another country soon, I will still miss the idea of going to Carrow Road (as I have done on many occasions this season) and following the team regardless of who the cameras are focussing on. Stop blaming the fans who want to support the team where it matters, on the pitch. And think about if you on your own really make a difference in the whole board out arguement, because like it or not they probably take no notice of this message board.Jimi

[quote user="Mister Chops"]That''s 18,247 traitors and Judases, and one of me.[/quote]I make that Pimms O'' Clock, what say you ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mister Chops"]That''s 18,247 traitors and Judases, and one of me.[/quote]I make that Pimms O'' Clock, what say you ?[/quote]Rather!

And IMO If the board were sacked or left resigned call it what you will, we would sell all 20.000, Season tickets, I said in the past that if we went down I would''nt re-new, Guess what I re new''d, sorry folks, but I just thought it would be wrong to walk away now, the team need us, all we can hope for is that some big megga bucks guy comes in and gives the Board a big boot out the window.

[quote user="pete_norw"]And IMO If the board were sacked or left resigned call it what you will, we would sell all 20.000, Season tickets, I said in the past that if we went down I would''nt re-new, Guess what I re new''d, sorry folks, but I just thought it would be wrong to walk away now, the team need us, all we can hope for is that some big megga bucks guy comes in and gives the Board a big boot out the window.[/quote]

I believe that if were batteling for automoatic we will still average 24,000+ easily.

At the end of the day, does it really matter either way?  Plenty of people have renewed and there will still be plenty of tickets for those that haven''t.  I wish people''s loyalties wouldn''t keep getting questioned because they have/haven''t renewed - its not that simple.

Why are people going on about season ticket sales being important?

Delia saved the club, not the fans.

We''d be nothing without her.

Oh, hang on...

I''m hoping on getting my first season ticket tomorrow! I agree when people say that this board needs to go, I really cannot find an argument against it, but personally, as long as there are players on that pitch wearing yellow and green, I will support them! However I do see where people come from when they don''t renew, but thats for them to decide!

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

117 people have cancelled their season ticket,

[/quote]Bet they''re all on here LOL

Fantastic support for a League 1 side.

Out of interest, anyone have any idea how many Leeds and Leicester have?

[IMG]http://www.muse-printmanagement.co.uk/images/mark_cathedral_b.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/staticfiles/NGS/Shared/StaticFiles/animals/images/primary/monk-seal.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://liberty92.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/clapping-hands-lg1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote]

Fantastic support for a League 1 side.

Out of interest, anyone have any idea how many Leeds and Leicester have?

[/quote]

From what I can see on this page, around 11,000. correct me if I''ve added this up wrong! 11,000 for this season that is, not next.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1634535,00.html

In some ways it is good to have more casual sales as these bring in a lot more money. A1000 casuals is probably equivalent to 2000 first tranche season tickets.

Just looked at Leeds web site they say almost 9.500 have renewed which shows what a great set of fans we have said Simon Greyson, you won''t find better fans than those at Leeds, Brings a lump to the throat