Sign in to follow this  
Romantic

We're starting to set our stall out...

I''m proper worried about this... As noted on other Marshall based threads, the shop front window is getting a bit of a buffing already. Not unexpected, but I''m concerned about the appropriation and even the relative necessity of income before we are ''stable'' in the boardroom.

Now this is not a thread about the merits of the current incumbents or the validity of any potential new investors. I simply wonder about this hiatus we''re in. As proved with the managerial vacancy (Gunn was only contracted to the end of the season so that''s a gap right?), nothing can or should be realistically settled until we know who''s directing the funds.

So if, at the opening of the window, we release Marshall for 900k or so, where the hell does the money go? This sucks!

Fair point there, need to make sure this does not disappear into a black hole as whoever is in charge of the squad will need all the money available if we are to do well next season.

This is also true if new money is going to come into the boardroom, last thing we want to do is start to alienate potential investors by selling their favourite NCFC player!

Cue Tweedledum and Tweedeldummer to come out with a statement along the lines of " we guarantee that all proceeds from transfers will be made available to the manager''s playing budget".

This is exactly how we managed to recycle Lewis, Etuhu, Earnshaw, McKenzie, Francis and Green into our current squad. No doubt the difference in value from our prem and current squad was entirely consumed by the much higher wages that their replacements were paid, not to mention the disapperaing parachutes. Ha ha!