Sign in to follow this  
Viva_Marc_Libbra

Marshall- Same Old Story.

Marshall is all for staying right after relegation ''players got Norwich into this mess...'' as soon as a club come calling he''s off like a shot, why give the fans who pay his wages false hope. In my opinion I think we should be giving the younger players a chance, ones who have waited their turn even though they have absolute s hit in front of them, such as Spillane at right back and Nelson/Rudd in goal. Marshall has under peformed for supposedly one of the ''best keepers in the division'' he''s been poor. We all know as well, no matter how many people slag him off on these message boards, if we draw Cardiff in a cup next year the MAJORITY will clap him, even though he''s been a awful servant for the club. It angers me, that no matter the player, they still get clapped and cheered.

He shouldn''t have done an interview implying he was staying when infact he had his heart of leaving.

This goes for Sammy Clingan and Hooly as well, we''ll soon be seeing the backs of those two.

I see no reason to clap Marshall if he turns out against us, two seasons which have both been abysmal on the whole (not him specifically) hardly make him a club legend.

Having said that I would not want to become the type of fan who boos all ex players regardless of circumstance.

Another one leaves at a knock-down price! Lewis and now Marshall. Clearly the motive for NC is to get a small transfer fee and also get an expensive player off the wages bill, probably the latter is more important.It may be disappointing, but we have two promising young keepers coming along, and it will be l;ikely that we can hang on to at least one before the sharks start circling.Many people have mixed feelings about Marshall, with heart in mouth if and when he goes up to gather or punch under challenge. Perhaps it''s for the best!

No I completely agree, he did his best, he wasn''t lazy or anything. He cared about the club, up until a better offer came in. Had no-one offered he''d of said ''I made a choice to stay at Norwich City, this is my club'' the same old bullshit most of them come out with when they can''t go anywhere else. I just think we treat him like any other player, no clapping, no booing.

according to Wales-online a six figure sum has been agreed. wonder how much that is  £250.000 thats six figures ain''t itBluebirds chairman Peter Ridsdale confirmed today ''a six-figure'' fee

had been accepted by the Norfolk club and the 24-year-old shot-stopper

was due in the Welsh capital to discuss personal terms and take a

medical.

Oh fantastic, we even lost money on him. He could atleast do a Lee Cook and stick some money into the coffers before he goes, like his signing on fee, donate it to the club. Of course he won''t though, he''ll be off sunning himself without a care in the world for NCFC.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Have heard from a Cardiff fan it is £400k.[/quote]

That I doubt, surely even our borad aren''t that much of a pushover?........

[quote user="West_London_Canary"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Have heard from a Cardiff fan it is £400k.[/quote]

That I doubt, surely even our borad aren''t that much of a pushover?........

[/quote]

You honestly think he is worth more than that?

We paid top money for a young up and coming keeper who had European experience. 2 years down the road and he has been a major factor in relegation to Div 3 and has done nothing to ehnance his reputation.

Given that Cardiff have no cash as well, think it is going to be a small fee up front with appearance and promotion based add ons.

this was the only positive of getting relegated getting rid of that over rated GK that actually cost us at least 6 points through his errors

[quote user="jewish"]this was the only positive of getting relegated getting rid of that over rated GK that actually cost us at least 6 points through his errors
[/quote]

and saved us just as many if not more!

Brum at home and away (ok he messed up for the goal but cracking saves from Phillips in both games)

Cardiff at home 3-4 world class saves.

Ipswich at home - one on one with Walters...the moment changed the game

A cracking save v Watford at home etc.....

Forest away....

Some games he has been fantastic while others are a part of his learning curve. How many settled GK coaches has he had? Holman/Wright/Gunn and Crichton....Hardly settling is it!

I think its harsh to lay a lot of blame on him. He''s young and has some development areas. He would no doubt have been a better keeper has he have had a settled defence in front of him.

Some of the stick he is getting is uncalled for. "Worst keeper ever?" ...hardly.